Enh rotation really clunky?

90 Orc Shaman
I finally got some free time to start leveling my shaman through the MoP zones, and after taking a half hour to reorganize my bars and abilities, I noticed that there is a LOT of dead time in my rotation. I drop my totem, hit SS, Unleash, Flame Shock, Lava Lash, and then sit on my thumbs for 3-4 seconds until either Maelstrom procs or my other abilities come off CD. Back in Cata it felt like there was much less dead time - am I missing something, or is the rotation just full of gaps at the moment?
Reply Quote
86 Orc Shaman
You can add fire nova to the final of your rotation, to gain one second more of damage and with luck you will get a final charge of MSW to throw a LB and back to SS.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Feels pretty much the same to me. And at least now I got some totems to drop in the empty GCDs we got, which is nice.

10/03/2012 08:37 PMPosted by Khrell
You can add fire nova to the final of your rotation, to gain one second more of damage and with luck you will get a final charge of MSW to throw a LB and back to SS.

Fire Nova does not do damage to the target it emmanates from, so it is useless to add it in a single-target rotation. For more than one target, yeah it is convenient to use it and scales decently as more adds are there to spread FS on them.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Enh is probably as gap filled as it has been since Wrath. Going into Cata you lost Fire Nova on single targets, and going into MoP you lost the 5second shock cooldown.

There isn't anything wrong with it in the scheme of things as the damage is certainly there. It just becomes a personal preference of do you mind it or not.
Edited by Durendall on 10/3/2012 10:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Enh is probably as gap filled as it has been since Wrath. Going into Cata you lost Fire Nova on single targets, and going into MoP you lost the 5second shock cooldown.

There isn't anything wrong with it in the scheme of things as the damage is certainly there. It just becomes a personal preference of do you mind it or not.

I leveled this guy during Cata, and don't remember it being this bad. It's probably just the increased shock CD and lack of fire nova for single targets, as Korghal said above. Ultimately, I wasn't sure if I was just missing another new ability or not, so this answers my question. It just makes the class feel really non-interactive to me. To each their own though. :-)
Edited by Shammydavís on 10/4/2012 12:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
I've found that gaps in rotation can be filled with Lightning Bolt if you've got at least one stack of Maelstrom Weapon. This adds a bit extra damage and becomes a decent damage increase if you spec into Unleashed Fury. You can also use that gap time for other CDs like wolves/Stormlash Totem or for refreshing Searing Totem.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

Enh did not take Reverb for PvE purposes (PvP is another story), so we really did not "lose" the 5s shock cd. Depending on talent choices, I think Enh seems to be quite close to its Cata self in terms of active time, but now with some utility CDs AND Dps CDs to throw in.

Tbh, Shaman remain relatively unchained between Cata and MoP compared to other classes like Warlocks.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Yes, you're missing the occasional Earth Shock. :P

UE, Searing, SS, FS, LL.
LB @MW5, ES every CD that you don't need to use for FS.

Glyph Flame Shock and use it every other Unleash Elements (30s).

Use other cool downs as often as possible when you'll get the full duration out of them and have them ready for boss fights.
The elementals will now follow you around wherever you go.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
enhance has always had that downtime when stuffs on CD. but as people said, casting a lightning bolt with at least 1 stack of mw doesnt reset your swing timer so it can fill your dead time.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
10/05/2012 06:34 PMPosted by Felocity
Pretty sure with one stack hard cast you lose alot of dps due to melee being more effective in that 2 second cast.

You don't.
Reply Quote
94 Draenei Monk
10/05/2012 06:48 PMPosted by Platform
Pretty sure with one stack hard cast you lose alot of dps due to melee being more effective in that 2 second cast.

You don't.

To iterate on this

It was a dps loss, correct, when its damage was lower. Now that damage has shifted into it, it should be a gain I suppose.

Not sure if that changes under a EoE/UF build with UF:WF up or not.
Reply Quote
Oh wow, I just thought of a question about something I don't know yet.

Can EoE proc on a static shock proc/during UF/UW?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
To iterate on this

It was a dps loss, correct, when its damage was lower. Now that damage has shifted into it, it should be a gain I suppose.

Not sure if that changes under a EoE/UF build with UF:WF up or not.

You shouldn't really ever have UF's buff up for Static Shock while having nothing to use in the process that would instead have you result to hardcasting.

That is, assuming you're following the priority correctly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]