Not again..

So Earth Shield is purge/spellsteal-able in one stack again, which is the dumbest thing ever. This really cripples resto shamans PvP wise, and there was absolutely no reason for this.

Also, they removed JC gems that give resil, yet another thing that didn't need to be done. I didn't spend all my gold for a profession that gives me stats I don't even want as the bonus.

Hopefully they fix these small things that really hurt shamans PvP wise.

Another thing; I don't think Stormlash totem is good enough to have a 5 minute cooldown, this isn't a huge deal but it would be nice if it had maybe a 3 minute cooldown or did more damage/ignored resilience.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
To the Stormlash thing, Stormlash only gets better with the more ppl you have, maybe yeah its a bit lackluster for 10 man and below, but it they were to drop the cooldown down to 3 mins it would be way to good for 25s.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

Also, they removed JC gems that give resil

what do you mean they removed gems that give resil?

Willful Vermilion Onyx Mystic Sun's Radiance Vivid Wild JadeLucent Vermilion Onyx

There are many more i'm just not spending the time to link them all.
Edited by Unthir on 10/4/2012 7:08 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Willful Vermilion Onyx Mystic Sun's Radiance Vivid Wild JadeLucent Vermilion Onyx

Im pretty sure he is referring to JC specific Gems.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/03/2012 05:44 PMPosted by Bigdingo
So Earth Shield is purge/spellsteal-able in one stack again, which is the dumbest thing ever. This really cripples resto shamans PvP wise, and there was absolutely no reason for this.

Technically there is, but it's not about PvP. Remember that all sorts of dispel/cleanse spells have a long cooldown, so to make up for it, they made it so that they dispel/cleanse EVERYTHING they can. A fine thing for PvE when you're hit by several curses or magic effects, but obviously not as good for PvP since it means Earth Shield can get removed in one go.

It's something they should try to address so that both sides can be happy, though I'm not sure how.
Reply Quote
i support spell stealing it all. i love you seth.
Reply Quote
10/04/2012 07:16 AMPosted by Pharaa

Technically there is, but it's not about PvP. Remember that all sorts of dispel/cleanse spells have a long cooldown, so to make up for it, they made it so that they dispel/cleanse EVERYTHING they can. A fine thing for PvE when you're hit by several curses or magic effects, but obviously not as good for PvP since it means Earth Shield can get removed in one go.

It's something they should try to address so that both sides can be happy, though I'm not sure how.

I'm not exactly sure what you're saying, from how I see it an easy fix to make both sides happy would be to either make Earth Shield undispellable or give a cooldown to purge/spellsteal.

I'm talking about the JC only Serpent's eye gem.

10/04/2012 06:32 AMPosted by Wargall
To the Stormlash thing, Stormlash only gets better with the more ppl you have, maybe yeah its a bit lackluster for 10 man and below, but it they were to drop the cooldown down to 3 mins it would be way to good for 25s.

Yeah like I said it's not a huge concern, but I'd like it to be a little better PvP-wise. Making it ignore resilience would probably be the best option though.

10/05/2012 11:05 AMPosted by Athèist
i support spell stealing it all. i love you seth.

I have a bird, his name is Ericdizzle, and he is a crow.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/05/2012 11:14 AMPosted by Bigdingo
I'm not exactly sure what you're saying, from how I see it an easy fix to make both sides happy would be to either make Earth Shield undispellable or give a cooldown to purge/spellsteal.

Neither of those changes would make both sides happy, sadly. No, what I would think would happen would be to somehow make Purge dispel only one charge of Earth Shield on a player at a time, while still allowing it to remove everything from an NPC when it's needed. Not impossible for Blizzard to implement if they could.
Reply Quote
10/05/2012 11:20 AMPosted by Pharaa

Neither of those changes would make both sides happy, sadly. No, what I would think would happen would be to somehow make Purge dispel only one charge of Earth Shield on a player at a time, while still allowing it to remove everything from an NPC when it's needed. Not impossible for Blizzard to implement if they could.

If they made it only remove 1 charge I don't think it would be that hard to implement, NPCs don't have earth shield do they?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
The odd ones do, but they're few and far between.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
10/05/2012 11:14 AMPosted by Bigdingo

Earth Shield was fine being undispellable before.
Spellsteal had a 6 second cd put on it for about a week, then mages cried waterfalls and it was reverted with a higher mana cost (which did absolutely nothing)
Reply Quote
Love how our cleanse has a cool down..
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
10/05/2012 01:45 PMPosted by Stagnate
Love how our cleanse has a cool down..

everyones does now. for the record.

for defensive dispels at least
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Yeah it sucks that ES is dispellable now. It such a mana burden to have to refresh ES every other global but it's too good to just skip, it increases all our healing on that target by 15%. If the three options are dispel all ES charges at once, make ES undispellable, or make each dispel remove one charge, I think making it undispellable is the best choice. Dispelling each charge separately is too good of a dispel protection. You will never be able to get the icy veins or predators swiftness.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]