Gara'jal The Spiritbinder

1 Human Priest
Is he bugged? My guild is wiping at 6 Minutes and 9 seconds every time. We are all above 45k dps and we are all doing the spirit world fine. Maybe his timers are off? I dunno, any insight would be great.

Info on wipes, Got him to 11%, 16%, 19%. We are sending in a ele shaman, boomkin, and frost dk in teh spirit world. 10M 2 heals. Every time a healer needs to go in, the shaman stays out depending on the voodoo. We have only tried hero at 5 seconds into the boss and got him to 11%. Should we hero at 35%? 40%?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
That is the enrage timer.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
10/03/2012 10:00 PMPosted by Arold
That is the enrage timer.

So is our dps just too low? What are we doing wrong? We all figured out it is the enrage timer.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
I can confirm that that happened to my group, too. The most plausible explanation is that it is an enrage timer.

We 2-healed it to get by. Have everyone stack above and rotate healers through the spirit realm.

As a boomkin, I went to the spirit realm (because multi-dotting = OP). One time, I got voodoo doll through bad timing, so only 1 dps went down. Because they were unable to kill all the adds, the healers quickly become overwhelmed.

TL;DR 2-heal, kill all adds in spirit realm every time.
Edited by Aurune on 10/3/2012 10:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Paladin
Gan'ja, the Spiritbinder?

this expansion gets weirder and weirder.

why is your wipe % going up not down?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
2- heal it.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
No idea. Should we blow our hero at a different time?

10/03/2012 10:09 PMPosted by Desiration
2- heal it.

We are.
Edited by Getrolledkid on 10/3/2012 10:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
Btw how long are your fights? 5 minutes? 6 minutes exactly?
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
No idea. Should we blow our hero at a different time?

2- heal it.

We are.

We blood lusted at 20%. To be honest though, the healing at that point wasn't really too hard. So if your dps really are struggling, but the healing is doing fine, lust in the beginning.

You really shouldn't be hitting enrage if you are 2-healing though. That is poor dps.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Is he bugged? My guild is wiping at 6 Minutes and 9 seconds every time. We are all above 45k dps and we are all doing the spirit world fine. Maybe his timers are off? I dunno, any insight would be great.

Info on wipes, Got him to 11%, 16%, 19%. We are sending in a ele shaman, boomkin, and frost dk in teh spirit world. 10M 2 heals. Every time a healer needs to go in, the shaman stays out depending on the voodoo. We have only tried hero at 5 seconds into the boss and got him to 11%. Should we hero at 35%? 40%?

The buff you gain through healing in the spirit realm lasts for a while on the outside as well, use this knowledge wisely.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Ah yes, that's another thing. Your healer in the spirit realm shouldnt be just topping off your DPS and calling it good. Just spam the crap out of them with heals, and get 1 last heal on them before they exit the zone so that their dps buff will last for longer.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest

The buff you gain through healing in the spirit realm lasts for a while on the outside as well, use this knowledge wisely.

We didn't realize that till now mid pull.....
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight

We didn't realize that till now mid pull.....

Well a kill should come quickly now, GL.

The next boss is a loot piñata.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Death Knight
10/03/2012 09:59 PMPosted by Getrolledkid

This number needs to be about 10k higher minimum, you're bringing people at 450+ ilevel, right?

The person/people receiving buffs should be doing 70+
Edited by Postonforums on 10/4/2012 12:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Enrage is tight but not that tight. We three healed it and beat the enrage though we had our priest smiting the whole time.
Edited by Harpoa on 10/4/2012 5:28 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
We wiped 3 times in a row at < 1% while 2 healing it, rotating dps in every other spirit realm.

This is with all dps doing around 55k dps..

I think our biggest issue was wasting time at the totem waiting to go down, ensuring everyone was there before burning the totem.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
dps need to rotate in pairs in the spirit world getting the buff and then damaging the boss. You basically go into the spirit world, get a buff - come out and blow your cooldowns and beat the crap out of her.

Also use stormlash on the pull and at the burn, since it's damage isn't affected by the buff (aside from more haste = more hits = more procs, but you won't find a better time to use it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Have your healers going down keep healing the people even after full life, they get a buff that basically translates into more damage and persists after they come back up. Mana shouldn't be an issue for down healers as they get it back after coming up.
Reply Quote
94 Blood Elf Paladin
10/03/2012 09:59 PMPosted by Getrolledkid
My guild is wiping at 6 Minutes and 9 seconds every time. We are all above 45k dps and we are all doing the spirit world fine. Maybe his timers are off? I dunno, any insight would be great.

Plant and burn at 30%. Ignore the spirit realms at that point, and straight zerg the boss.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]