Honor gear's gimped, and still no weapons

90 Dwarf Shaman
So earlier today I went to take a look at my honor gear, noticing the fact that its item level has since gone down significantly. I got my hopes up thinking that this change might be as to implement honor based weaponry, which is desperately needed for some classes, only to find that it's still not ingame.

The idea of removing honor based weaponry was so that it wouldn't be able to act as viable was almost entirely written off with the entire 'PVP power' system. Honor based weapons were always lower item level than heroics, and that did keep most things in check. Seeing as honor weapons would now not be considered viable for PVE raids whatsoever, why do they still refuse to give them out? hasn't PVP been gimped enough? So now we can't get new weapons for months?

Normally this wouldn't bother me, but with the late PVP 'balancing' on MoP's release, the lack of honor weaponry is only worsening things as the more weapon dependant classes suffer in contrast to casters that are completely wrecking most of us as is.

Doesn't anyone else think that the lack of weapons post item level nerf is a bit thoughtless? I think this is just another example of PVP getting the short end of the stick.
Edited by Fluffynugget on 10/4/2012 2:00 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Read what i've posted.

Getting the 7250 requirement for the conquest weapons wont be possible for over a month to players, even if they're doing arena.

How weapon dependant classes are even supposed to compete in arena while they have inferior damage due to the lack of honor weaponry remains a mystery.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman
Why should someone who does PVP have to farm PVE weapons?

What kind of logic dictates that removing PVP weapons to make PVE more balanced is completely fine, but forcing PVP'ers to get PVE weapons is fair?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Mage
not having a weapon sucks for hunters/melee but is a bonus for us mages who don't scale much at all off it, but it is going to take what a minimum of 3 weeks to get the pvp weapon assuming you are at 2200+ rating already? that's kinda ridiculous, back in wrath days it only take 2 weeks to get even the 2200 weapon if your rating was high enough, this new system sucks!
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
I was wondering why they didn't reset "honor earned so far this season", but I guess there's nothing gated off that.
Reply Quote
Why should someone who does PVP have to farm PVE weapons?

What kind of logic dictates that removing PVP weapons to make PVE more balanced is completely fine, but forcing PVP'ers to get PVE weapons is fair?

I don't get this either. They could make it just like they do the rest of the PvP gear...use PvP power and resilience to make it superior than a heroic weapon for pvp, but inferior for pve. No pve'er is going to grind out an inferior weapon, so they're logic of "pve'ers will do BGs for weapons instead!" is stupid.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
For the love of god do heroics for weapons its not that hard, pay a tank etc. Honor weapons are data-mined at the start of every expansion and the same argument comes up when people want free gear.
Reply Quote
1 Human Priest
10/04/2012 09:42 AMPosted by Solv
For the love of god do heroics for weapons its not that hard, pay a tank etc. Honor weapons are data-mined at the start of every expansion and the same argument comes up when people want free gear.

I don't think you get it.... a player who can clear mogu'shan vaults can probably get a REALLY nice weapon to get far in PVP for a month is that fair to players who do battlegrounds and arenas? No I don't think so. I thought PVP power was added to the game to counteract players with PVE gear but with this idea apparently not.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Zero points for a lose

10/04/2012 02:00 AMPosted by Toskosa
dude do some arena honestly its not hard to cq cap even from losing

no way dude, zero points for a lose
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
10/04/2012 02:44 AMPosted by Nouri
Honor gear wasn't "gimped". They lowered ilevel but increased PvP power/resil on it.

Think again honey! That !@#$ was gimped.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Didn´t you read the ghostcrawler twitter explaining this?

"Weapons are so attractive, that every pve player would buy honor weapon".

As we didn´t have enough bull!@#$ already, now no one can buy a honor weapon because of pve players. I call this the ultimate bull%^-* on this pve based expansion. MoP was a promise of heaven to pvp but now its just going the other way and showing how little blizzard cares about pvp.

Edit: the GC statement just proves to me what I used to think about pve players: a bunch of spoiled brats crying every time blizzard doesn´t give them some candy, even if the candy is just prejudice other people.
Edited by Quelemeu on 10/4/2012 10:36 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Zero points for a lose

dude do some arena honestly its not hard to cq cap even from losing

no way dude, zero points for a lose

if you can't win even a handful of games each week then you probably don't deserve the gear anyways

and this is a bar that is set very low
Edited by Zubling on 10/4/2012 10:24 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Didn't want honor gear to force PvE guy to farm honor.

PvP guy still running heroics to replace his level 85 PvE weapon..

Problem?
Edited by Datan on 10/4/2012 10:26 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/04/2012 10:21 AMPosted by Quelemeu
Edit: the GC statement just proves to me what I used to think about pve players: a bunch of soiled brats crying every time blizzard doesn´t give them some candy, even if the candy is just prejudice other people.

I used to PVE primarily. I can assure you that we shower at least as much as the PVP crowd because my showering habits haven't changed since going PVP primarily. I'm sure some of them are soiled, but as a whole, I'm sure they're quite clean.
Reply Quote
71 Pandaren Hunter
10/04/2012 09:42 AMPosted by Solv

Lol at this concept of free gear. Pug running BGs takes a lot more effort, skill and communication than a simple 5man/Heroics. The sheer amount effort needed to make 9-39 other people coordinate with you, all who have different reasons for being there, is by no means an easy task at all. In heroics you have it easy, everyone is there for the same goal therefore coordination for the most part is almost flawless in intent and players play to progress their group. Battlegrounds, you have to deal with every #@!@!#!@ imbecile there is and force them to work with you, very rarely do you get everyone on the same page.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
10/04/2012 10:36 AMPosted by Kumàchan
Lol at this concept of free gear. Pug running BGs takes a lot more effort, skill and communication than a simple 5man/Heroics.

Thats what I'm saying, heroics are easy, take the %%@!*@%# out of your ear and run some dungeons to get a weapon, what is so hard about that?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]