Stance check

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I am looking for an addon or macro that tells me in what stance a warrior is. For paladins, DKs and druids its easy to tell, but warrior stance does not show as a buff in the portrait.

I tried StanceAlert, but it only tells me when a warrior changes stance. It does not tell me if he is already in the wrong one.

It would be nice to have a StanceCheck addon, that warns the group if a dps is in a tanking stance, presence, etc.
Reply Quote
79 Blood Elf Rogue
Slap him and see if he takes 25% less damage and generates significantly more threat.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
Unfortunately there's no way for an addon or macro to tell if an arms/fury warrior (besides the player, obviously) is in defensive stance. We do need this.
Edited by Ro on 10/4/2012 1:11 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
A work around way to do this is to set a macro to cast an ability that is unique the stance I.E:

#showtooltip
/cast [stance:1] shield bash
/cast [stance:2] whirlwind

with this macro, the icon should change when you change stance giving you a visual indication. Realize I have no idea if stance 1 is defense or not but the concept should give you something to work with.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
I believe the OP is asking to be able to tell about the stance of a party member, not their own character.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]