How to Dominate BMAH

90 Night Elf Hunter
It's a gold sink, only reason why Blizzard stuck it in is for the people who have 10s of millions of gold on their accounts and have nothing to spend it on.

Some ppl are skilled at PVE, others at PVP, and some both. Whether ppl admit it or not, acquiring gold is also a skill and some individuals are quite talented at it. Basically, gold is an opportunity cost. What would you equate 1 hr of time worth in gold? This answer is different for everyone and essentially where ppl differ.

I compare this opportunity cost to that of the RNG chances of a mount drop and the effort involved in assembling a group and running it for weeks/months/years on end to get it. Mimi's Head I use as an example. It's a lot of time invested and often time involves painful wipes until ppl understand the fight. Realizing my capacity to earn gold far outweighs the effort and time of assembling a capped gold char, I was more than prepared to gold cap w/o hesitation if necessary. Luckily, I didn't need to.

Gathering gold isn't a skill, it's a mixture of patience and luck. Patience to farm the materials and luck to get something extremely rare.

It also helps if you use certain AH addons...
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
10/04/2012 01:40 PMPosted by Vèngeance
So the best way to get things at auction is to spend more money than anyone else? Genius!

It's a gold sink, only reason why Blizzard stuck it in is for the people who have 10s of millions of gold on their accounts and have nothing to spend it on.

Or to bid an amount and then prevent others from bidding you up.
Reply Quote
32 Human Rogue
In all honesty if you're that rich why not just bid 999,999g 99s 99c first bid like a pimp and save yourself the hassle ?

Edit: Seems like you made this thread to say im filthy rich a look what i got from BMAH.
Edited by Goldcapped on 10/5/2012 8:01 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage

Gathering gold isn't a skill, it's a mixture of patience and luck. Patience to farm the materials and luck to get something extremely rare.

It's definitely a skill. If it wasn't, then every person in WoW would have a capped gold char or two...
Edited by Ilistokedill on 10/5/2012 10:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock

It's definitely a skill. If it wasn't, then every person in WoW would have a capped gold char or two...

i didnt know you could bid from a different account linked to your battlenet. i was under the impression you couldnt.

and i agree with the post above you. i think this was omfg check me out im rich byath thread.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage

i didnt know you could bid from a different account linked to your battlenet. i was under the impression you couldnt.

If the accounts are merged you cannot bid vs yourself. If the accounts aren't merged then you can.
Reply Quote
39 Undead Warlock
You can indeed bid/buy from separate wow accounts under 1 battle.net account.

If they wanted a real goldsink, it wouldn't be auction style. It would be a vendor style and take every overly rich player's gold for the offered item that wanted to buy.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I am less inclined to congratulate you because of the goon policy.

Seems pretty underhanded and cheap.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I am less inclined to congratulate you because of the goon policy.

Seems pretty underhanded and cheap.

how so? It is a pvp server
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
Man, I suddenly wish I was on a PvP server. I like both fighting AND gold!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/05/2012 07:49 AMPosted by Barathos

No, that's how you do it if you aren't skilled at it.
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
10/04/2012 01:59 PMPosted by Ilistokedill
acquiring gold is also a skill

Downloading auctioneer and some modules isn't really what I'd call "skill".

BMAH is one of the dumbest things blizzard has ever added to this game.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage

Downloading auctioneer and some modules isn't really what I'd call "skill".

/pat young grasshopper on the head

auctioneer is your first mistake. lol
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
The BMAH has nothing to do with auctioneer.

It is a gold sink. Nothing more, nothing less. Yes, someone that wins an item receives either a mount that is just a cosmetic benefit, or they receive a piece of armor that will become obsolete in time. However, the money they spent on it is forever removed from the economy.

Even though it is unlikely that I'll ever win anything on the BMAH (10k starting bid is too much for me - I don't see myself spending that much money on a single item), I think it was a brilliant move on Blizzard's part. Whichever dev came up with the idea should be given a raise.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

You will need:
Multiple Accounts
Capped gold on chars on each account
Hired Goons who enjoy PVP and being bribed to join your team

is this a joke lol.

To do this you will need, to have beaten wow so sensless its a joke more than a game anymore. Ok...lol By that point why would you give a crap about the BMAH
Reply Quote
10 Gnome Rogue
10/05/2012 12:08 PMPosted by Teliah
The BMAH has nothing to do with auctioneer.

The BMAH is a reward for all those "skilled" players and their auctioneer addons.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
ITT: someone who "knows how to play the gold game" and everyone else who wishes they knew or think they do (wrong)/jealous as hell/confused & have no idea what BMAH means.

Gold capper is just another "skill" or WoW-job like Raid Hero, PvP Champ, Professional Gatherer. All have their roles within the game - all with their own know-how. Just like there are Fortune 500 CEOs and recycle can collectors IRL.

Good bidding and happy shopping, sir.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
ITT: someone who "knows how to play the gold game" and everyone else who wishes they knew or think they do (wrong)/jealous as hell/confused & have no idea what BMAH means.

Gold capper is just another "skill" or WoW-job like Raid Hero, PvP Champ, Professional Gatherer. All have their roles within the game - all with their own know-how. Just like there are Fortune 500 CEOs and recycle can collectors IRL.

Good bidding and happy shopping, sir.

eloquently stated. bravo
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Mage

You will need:
Capped gold on chars on each account

Well, I'm out.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]