Current State Of Warriors

90 Human Warrior
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMPpuBQKpP8&feature=plcp

This is a video that i quickly put together that highlights some of the insane things that warriors are capable of. This listing of thing are as such:

1v2 in Arena
1v2 and Not dieing due to defensive CD rotation in 2nd wind
Globaling People

I know it is not the greatest looking movie because I just started working with Vegas, but I am planning on putting more of these together just for show. If you have any questions just drop them in this thread.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
There's so many issues with this game that need to be fixed and I can't believe that they all made it past beta.

It's like they added "ignore people that actually play the game" into their business model.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Warriors are viable in ranked PvP.

This is a bug and is in need of dire attention, they're not supposed to stand a chance like anyone else. They're supposed to be free HKs!
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Second Wind is really the culprit, along with the obnoxious cooldown burst. Warrior survivability right now reminds me of Rogues in s9 when they had the un-nerfed Recuperate, Cloak, AND Readiness along with Evasion and two Vanishes.

Unfortunately Warriors will probably be toned down with a sledgehammer, as tends to happen in this game.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Second wind is effected by the healing fix blizz put in before MoP hit.

Just saying, if increasing your DPS by 2%xWarsHP/sec is that hard, you need to start keybinding your cooldowns.
Edited by Sphyx on 10/5/2012 7:38 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Your logic is just as unsound as those Rogues who acted like Recuperate was balanced all of Cata. The problem with Second Wind that it is passive, has no opportunity cost (only slightly more balanced than Recuperate, which helped Rogues offensively,) and can easily provide the extra time needed (especially in conjunction with smart play by the warrior) for your healer to get out of CC and top you. Even more so with any HoTs/shields on the Warrior - a single Riptide, or a Rejuve, or Sacred Shield in conjunction with Second Wind and some smart play, such as kiting, will help you stay alive a long time.

But then again, you've already implied you think Warriors weren't viable in rated PvP at the end of Cata (which is false). I'm not expecting much other than exaggeration at this point.
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Paladin

But then again, you've already implied you think Warriors weren't viable in rated PvP at the end of Cata (which is false). I'm not expecting much other than exaggeration at this point.

Warriors were completely replaceable by rogues as melee damage dealers at the end of cata. It's pretty much a fact they weren't viable at the end of cata. They had no niche to fill when rogues did what warriors could, and more through damage, cc, mobility, and survivability. I challenge you to name one thing a warrior did better than a rogue in rated pvp at the end of cata if you believe otherwise.

On topic, second wind is overrated in this thread. The cooldown stacking warriors can do now make S9 look like child's play, which has to be nerfed. Anyone who doesn't see the stupidity of a 20% damage cooldown + 50% crit chance cooldown + 20% crit damage cooldown + Strength trinket months in advance has to be blind at this point :/

Also, glyph of gag order should be looked at if pummel is still silencing without having to interrupt. Before idiots come here to say 'Warriors had it in Cata!', I will clear this up now: for pummel to silence with gag order before, the warrior had to interrupt the target. Right now, it's pointless to attempt to juke pummel since it will silence regardless. It might be a necessary evil considering how stupid pvp is getting with instant CCs, though, I'll admit.
Edited by Pierinae on 10/5/2012 8:51 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Warriors are viable in ranked PvP.

This is a bug and is in need of dire attention, they're not supposed to stand a chance like anyone else. They're supposed to be free HKs!

hahahaha wow lol. you don't remember how powerful warriors were in BC? or how powerful they were in wolk? or how overpowered they were in S9? in BC i would die in macespec stuns before i even got a chance to do anything, in wolk i spent the entire time kiting for fear a warrior would bladestorm on my face. in S9, every time i was thrown down i would DIE.

the 2 seasons that warriors spent not being optimal in 3v3 were the outlier, not the norm.

warrior egos could use a few more seasons of being just average.
Edited by Vladja on 10/5/2012 11:19 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Warriors were completely replaceable by rogues as melee damage dealers at the end of cata. It's pretty much a fact they weren't viable at the end of cata.

You're making the exact mistake here that so many people make - falsely equating "viable" with "optimal." Rogues were better than all the other melee in the game at the end of Cata, that is a fact. However, Warriors were plenty viable to get 2200 with, and even Gladiator with in the right hands. WLS could do it, KFC could do it, Kitty Cleave could do it, TSG could get 2200, and of course (as much as I hate to say it) triple DPS comps could get you t2. Again: viable != optimal. Warriors were not the best by any stretch of the imagination, but they were viable.

I challenge you to name one thing a warrior did better than a rogue in rated pvp at the end of cata if you believe otherwise.

They didn't do anything better. That was a problem with Rogues more so than Warriors, though. Rogues had the most insane stat scaling with Agility, which combined with talents (+60% crit on Ambush, specifically) to make them have the best burst on the lowest timer, they had the best survivability between Recupe and Cloak or Wall as well as two Vanishes, and they could swap very easily with Step and Redirect. Again, you are misinterpreting my argument: I'm not saying that Warriors were amazing by any stretch of the imagination during s11, because they certainly weren't - they only really became good with a Heroic Gurth and a Heroic Bone Link on live due to the amount of damage they could put out with that. Ret, DK, and Rogue were all much better melee choices for most comps.

On topic, second wind is overrated in this thread. The cooldown stacking warriors can do now make S9 look like child's play, which has to be nerfed. Anyone who doesn't see the stupidity of a 20% damage cooldown + 50% crit chance cooldown + 20% crit damage cooldown + Strength trinket months in advance has to be blind at this point :/

Like I said, Warrior damage during cooldowns needs to be looked at, but it seems ok and maybe even a bit low outside of that. Making Reck not able to be used with Avatar and Skull Banner at the same time would be a good start to toning down the burst and making Warriors use cooldowns for a damage increase, but not to absurd levels.

At the same time, Warrior survivability and control probably needs to be looked at. Second Wind is massive at low health, which will happen more when you aren't instantly getting burst from full to dead by certain classes. Between Shockwave, Gag Order, Pummel (if not used just to blanket,) Spell Reflect and possibly Mass Reflect, and Charge, it makes it very hard for casters to actually do anything vs a competent Warrior. The last thing this game needed was more instant, unavoidable control.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
LOL I love how people cry about how OP warriors were in BC and use that as a basis for all arguments towards nerfing current warriors.
Reply Quote
89 Blood Elf Paladin
10/05/2012 10:44 AMPosted by Tutankhamon
LOL I love how people cry about how OP warriors were in BC and use that as a basis for all arguments towards nerfing current warriors.

By 'people' you mean that one guy in this thread.

10/05/2012 09:54 AMPosted by Algus
Warriors were completely replaceable by rogues as melee damage dealers at the end of cata. It's pretty much a fact they weren't viable at the end of cata.

You're making the exact mistake here that so many people make - falsely equating "viable" with "optimal."

Well, now it's semantics and we realize the same thing about warriors, and rogues last season.
Edited by Pierinae on 10/5/2012 12:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
10/05/2012 10:44 AMPosted by Tutankhamon

It was one guy.

And read his post again. It was a response to the person acting like Warriors being good was somehow a new thing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Whenever I see an obvious "omfg class x is op, look" And several of the fights are class x vs. class x. I just have to laugh. WARRIORS ARE SO OP THEY CAN BEAT WARRIORS!!!!!!1114132342362346265223422

Also, seriously, how many of those guys were SERIOUSLY bad. Warrior pops avatar and the mage frost novas? Then tries to RUN? Seriously? Was invis suddenly removed from the game?

Seriously guys, /yawn. Mages are STILL killing people in just over a gcd, and as bad as some of those guys were, you never saw the warrior take down someone that fast.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
10/05/2012 07:44 PMPosted by Kronax
Second Wind is really the culprit

So you mean the 25% passive damage reduction dps warriors have in protection stance isn't the problem? it's 2% health regen a second? really?

I'd suggest nerfing protection stance for dps warriors long before I'd touch second wind, but that's just me.

Recuperate was stronger than Second wind by far. 1% more healing and was usable at 100% health while Second wind is usable in most execute ranges.

SW is 3% every 1
Recoup was 3% every 3 4% w/ talent no? and it was overpowered.

bet yes, everything warriors have right now is excessive.. damage, cc and surviveability
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warrior
I want my burst nerfed and my sustain buffed.

Once my cd's are down I'm pretty much just a cc machine.

I didn't roll a warrior to be a melee 3 minute mage.
Edited by Grux on 10/5/2012 10:23 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Second Wind is really the culprit

So you mean the 25% passive damage reduction dps warriors have in protection stance isn't the problem? it's 2% health regen a second? really?

I'd suggest nerfing protection stance for dps warriors long before I'd touch second wind, but that's just me.

Recuperate was stronger than Second wind by far. 1% more healing and was usable at 100% health while Second wind is usable in most execute ranges.

Second Wind is more "bursty" healing (if we can really call it that, being a HoT after all) than Recuperate was, since it ticks 3x as often. 2% hp a second at a hp pool of roughly 330k is 6600hp per second - combine that with any form of mitigation (Die By the Sword, Wall, DStance, etc) or anything from your healer (PW:S, Earth Shield/Riptide, a Rejuve and maybe Lifebloom, Sacred Shield) and you suddenly become that much harder to kill.

Your point about Defensive Stance is solid though - it just contributes a massive amount and seeing Warriors riding around in Dstance feels wrong. But then again, Death Knights running around in Blood Presence to take less damage is in the same vein. I don't know if they'll nerf it, but I suspect they'll lower it back to 10% for Arms/Fury and have a Prot passive make Dstance -25%.

Seriously guys, /yawn. Mages are STILL killing people in just over a gcd, and as bad as some of those guys were, you never saw the warrior take down someone that fast.

Sure you do. Watch any Warrior stream - Reckful plays one now, and when he lines everything up on a target, he can kill them in the Shockwave just as a Mage can kill someone in a Deep. It's broken either way.

I want my burst nerfed and my sustain buffed.

This is the crux of the issue and the mark they missed with Warriors in Cataclysm. Warriors were unstoppable juggernauts with insane damage during 4.0.6 and then by 4.2 were average at best, and rapidly being outscaled by other melee - particularly Ret and Rogue. They need to make sure that doesn't happen again.
Edited by Algus on 10/6/2012 8:04 AM PDT
Reply Quote
Whenever I see an obvious "omfg class x is op, look" And several of the fights are class x vs. class x. I just have to laugh. WARRIORS ARE SO OP THEY CAN BEAT WARRIORS!!!!!!1114132342362346265223422

Also, seriously, how many of those guys were SERIOUSLY bad. Warrior pops avatar and the mage frost novas? Then tries to RUN? Seriously? Was invis suddenly removed from the game?

you never saw the warrior take down someone that fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hjhc02akNw&list=UUq7UTrlpw-c5xbeo-UdDMSA&index=3&feature=plcp
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]