Horde versus Alliance in MoP

90 Draenei Shaman
Where is it?

I mean I see a lot of it in Jade Forest, but after our big Skirmish I don't see them again till Kun-Lai summit, which is just building up a foothold and getting some panda allies, then I don't see any more Alliance or Horde again till I hit 90 and talk to Auldin about getting those gates open, that's it. I heard this expansion was putting the WAR back in warcraft, I see a lot of Bugs and Mogus or whatever waring, but not a lot of Alliance versus Horde.

Anyway, if you saw some Waring, let me know I have two other toons to level up, and I want to see all I can.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Death Knight
Main alliance and horde fleets are still sailing to the land.
I'm expecting to see things pick up with future content patches.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

I hope they do, it feels very Lack Luster so far.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
the war is internal, the pandas are trying to teach both sides that. but I'm sure we'll see more red/blue conflict in patches to come. : )
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I don't know, I was all "GRAR, MUST KILL HORDE" going into the expansion, but the more time I spend in Pandaria, the more I'm kinda leaning back and asking myself "why the heck are we fighting in the first place, pass me another beer please?"

Although IIRC, the Horde/Alliance conflict will ramp up via the content patches.
Edited by Rislyn on 10/5/2012 8:41 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
This first kind of raid tier, I guess you could call it that, is all about helping the Pandaren fight their enemies, and participating in their own wars/conflicts. However, when the first patch hits you better be ready because that's when the full might of the Horde and Alliance will be arriving to Pandaria. See, right now you're like a group of special forces sent in to investigate this new land, and your report has been sent back to your respective factions and they're preparing their own assaults.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I don't know, I was all "GRAR, MUST KILL HORDE" going into the expansion, but the more time I spend in Pandaria, the more I'm kinda leaning back and asking myself "why the heck are we fighting in the first place, pass me another beer please?"

Although IIRC, the Horde/Alliance conflict will ramp up via the content patches.

Because they bombed a city.

A whole city.

Gone.

And they're green.

We don't like green.
(And we want their updated maps.)
Reply Quote
51 Human Paladin

Forget it since the next content patch will have more level 90 troll heroic dungeons and nothing else...
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

A whole city.

Gone.

And they're green.

We don't like green.

Oh yeah, I totally get that. But seeing what our hatred and warring has done to Pandaria (as close to paradise as one can get on Azeroth), it's making me step back and think a bit about what our hatred leaves in its wake.

Now, don't get me wrong, when the time comes and !@#$ starts hitting the fan, I'll be up at the front lines defending my faction with my life! But I'll be doing it with the hopes of ending all the warring and not just trying to stick it to the Orc.
Edited by Rislyn on 10/5/2012 8:53 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

A whole city.

Gone.

And they're green.

We don't like green.

Oh yeah, I totally get that. But seeing what our hatred and warring has done to Pandaria (as close to paradise as one can get on Azeroth), it's making me step back and think a bit about what our hatred leaves in its wake.

Now, don't get me wrong, when the time comes and !@#$ starts hitting the fan, I'll be up at the front lines defending my faction with my life! But I'll be doing it with the hopes of ending all the warring and not just trying to stick it to the Orc.

It will only end with the Other's destruction, there's too much bad blood between us.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Where is it?

I mean I see a lot of it in Jade Forest, but after our big Skirmish I don't see them again till Kun-Lai summit, which is just building up a foothold and getting some panda allies, then I don't see any more Alliance or Horde again till I hit 90 and talk to Auldin about getting those gates open, that's it. I heard this expansion was putting the WAR back in warcraft, I see a lot of Bugs and Mogus or whatever waring, but not a lot of Alliance versus Horde.

Anyway, if you saw some Waring, let me know I have two other toons to level up, and I want to see all I can.

We've mentioned this before, but it bears repeating here for those that may have missed it. The start of the expansion has been meant to introduce (reintroduce) the war between the Horde and Alliance, but spends a little time introducing you to Pandaria itself. It's (at first) about exploration of this new land. Though, don't be fooled. The war between the Horde and Alliance is there, and will be progressing as the patches progress. The war itself coming to the peaceful shores of Pandaria has stirred up an old enemy of the Pandaren and needs some dealing with too.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest

It will only end with the Other's destruction, there's too much bad blood between us.

That very well may be, but one can dream, right? Although I think offing Garrosh will go a long way toward lessening tensions on both sides.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest

Haha I get you there, I was so looking forward for a good storyline. But now all I do is help the panda kill whatever and drink beer. Ahh good times.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
As long as no PVP is required to progress there can be all the war you want between the factions.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Where is it?

We've mentioned this before, but it bears repeating here for those that may have missed it. The start of the expansion has been meant to introduce (reintroduce) the war between the Horde and Alliance, but spends a little time introducing you to Pandaria itself. It's (at first) about exploration of this new land. Though, don't be fooled. The war between the Horde and Alliance is there, and will be progressing as the patches progress. The war itself coming to the peaceful shores of Pandaria has stirred up an old enemy of the Pandaren and needs some dealing with too.

I'm really hoping you guys are going to include some naval combat scenarios at the very least.

A naval combat dungeon would be ideal.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Where is it?

Alright thanks! It's always good to see some blue response, it shows you care, but i'll hold you to your words. xD

But I honestly can't wait to see how you work in the War with the patches, and how it's inserted in. I'm like a drooling dog, and this War is a bone dangling just out of reach.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Mage

I'm really hoping you guys are going to include some naval combat scenarios at the very least.

Gunship, the most boring fight to ever exist. Please no.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

Gunship, the most boring fight to ever exist. Please no.

Gunship made a terrible raid boss I'll be the first to admit that.

But there's a lot of potential to utilize naval combat interestingly for Scenarios or Heroics.

No one says it has to involve manning a turret and mashing one button for 5 minutes though, there's other ways to make a decent naval combat encounter.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

A whole city.

Gone.

And they're green.

We don't like green.

Not just A city.

South Shore (Biological), Stonetalon Druid School(Conventional), Theramore (Mana).

What new weapon of mass destruction will the Alliance have no chance of defending against next?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

A whole city.

Gone.

And they're green.

We don't like green.

Not just A city.

South Shore (Biological), Stonetalon Druid School(Conventional), Theramore (Mana).

What new weapon of mass destruction will the Alliance have no chance of defending against next?

Gilneas, sorta, can't forget that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]