Horde versus Alliance in MoP

90 Human Warrior
Who here is hoping for faction specific gear in the next patch? Nothing fancy just something to Transmog so I feel like part of my faction.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Where is it?

I mean I see a lot of it in Jade Forest, but after our big Skirmish I don't see them again till Kun-Lai summit, which is just building up a foothold and getting some panda allies, then I don't see any more Alliance or Horde again till I hit 90 and talk to Auldin about getting those gates open, that's it. I heard this expansion was putting the WAR back in warcraft, I see a lot of Bugs and Mogus or whatever waring, but not a lot of Alliance versus Horde.

Anyway, if you saw some Waring, let me know I have two other toons to level up, and I want to see all I can.

We've mentioned this before, but it bears repeating here for those that may have missed it. The start of the expansion has been meant to introduce (reintroduce) the war between the Horde and Alliance, but spends a little time introducing you to Pandaria itself. It's (at first) about exploration of this new land. Though, don't be fooled. The war between the Horde and Alliance is there, and will be progressing as the patches progress. The war itself coming to the peaceful shores of Pandaria has stirred up an old enemy of the Pandaren and needs some dealing with too.

I'm getting the uneasy feeling that 5.0 is introducing us to Pandaria, making us fall in love with the people and the land, while we see how much destruction a small skirmish can bring to the area, and then in 5.1 the fleets start showing up and suddenly we see destruction being brought to the land in awful ways, and it's *our* people who are wrecking this people and land that we've come to love and become kin to.

That'll be a blow to the emotional gut.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
The skirmish in the Jade Forest was very well done ... if that's the preview of what will happen "in two months" (ingame time, however that relates to real time) when the main battle fleets arrive ... well ... ouch.
Reply Quote
56 Blood Elf Death Knight
Main alliance and horde fleets are still sailing to the land.
I'm expecting to see things pick up with future content patches.

I hope they do, it feels very Lack Luster so far.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Main alliance and horde fleets are still sailing to the land.
I'm expecting to see things pick up with future content patches.

Forget it since the next content patch will have more level 90 troll heroic dungeons and nothing else...

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin

That'll be a blow to the emotional gut.

Everypony's farm in HalfHill will be burned to the ground in the carnage, prompting everypony to come back and demand less war!
Edited by Seramuun on 10/5/2012 2:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight

And there will be absolutely no set up to this. The Alliance will be in a position where maybe it might actually win something, and then the Horde will pull a whole bunch of Mogu out of their asses like they did proto-drakes, magnataur and Kraken, and we'll go back to being punching bags.

You're talking about Metzen's pets, here. The Horde can do ANYTHING. ANYTHING.

You forget the fact that the Lich king was essentially an alliance prince, that Garrosh killed Cairne, Thrall left the horde to become as neutral as he could (which players hated) while Varian seeks war at most turns, Anduin is under the protection of Baine and therefore currently untouchable (thank god) and Vul'jin works with both factions in stranglethorn. Not to mention my own disgust over Theramore. Ready to go Garrosh myself. Only time I liked him was when he threw the general off the mountain for bombing the Stonetalon school... which he does himself to Theramore O.o Its not all the horde committing these acts. But ive seen some pretty pathetic acts by alliance in the past 2 weeks ;)
Reply Quote
It is kind of hard to go from one moment where everyone is "You destroyed Theramore! Prepare to die Horde!" and "Pandaria will soon belong to the Horde!" to "hey guys, can you help us punt critters and water giant vegetables?".

I came to Pandaria to fight a war, not do the Pandaren's chores for them.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/05/2012 01:01 PMPosted by Neroxis
Just remember, the second one side wins is the second Wow ends. So basically I'm saying I anticipate a stalemate by the end of this.

I'm not asking for a win, i'm asking for CONFLICT! Whooo!

So are we only seeing this Horde-Alliance War in Pandaria or is it only going to take place across Azeroth?

This is only my opinion here - but it wouldn't seem like the big, crazy war that's been building up unless it takes place across Azeroth instead of just Pandaria.
My understanding from previous announcements is that we'd see Pandaria change over the content patches- new faction bases built, new battlefields, more destruction, and encroaching sha influence. None of the announcements has made me think we'd see changes to the old zones, though I wouldn't be surprised if a few might get smaller additions.

...You're yanking my chain right? That sounds... Amazing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Despite what any blues or devs have said the underlining theme of this xpac is the same as the others , the Horde and the alliance over coming old hate to battle a common enemy.

In this case it seems to be the sha , the mogu and the mantid so far. The only reason they don't just write in a full blown peace is so that pvp will still be around.

"We're putting back the WAR in warcraft" seems to be some slogan they toss around when promoting pvp for a new xpac , said the same exact thing about cata if you recall.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/05/2012 10:03 PMPosted by Dementiå
Despite what any blues or devs have said the underlining theme of this xpac is the same as the others , the Horde and the alliance over coming old hate to battle a common enemy.

We're over coming our hate, to fight hate. (Sha of Hatred)

While that sounds clever, it's not true, taking lore out of it. (To tell a story) The past couple times I've tried to down the sha of Anger, a Horde group comes in. (Like ten people) Aggros the boss and forces it to despawn, which is annoying.

/end story.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
I am suprised people are still willing to believe blizzard after being told to wait and see so often, and yet after waiting said period of time we get told, oops we cancelled what we had planned.

THis is just another empty promise wait and see to keep people subscribed.

Someone asked me to link this thread at the end of MoP, but I think it works just as well to link this after the abyssmal Theramore scenrio.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5150759038?page=1
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
OK. They wiped Theramore off the map. Time to burn EVERY SQUARE INCH of Durotar to ashes, eat some Tauren burgers, have a few steins of Thunderbrew 45, and get on with the real business at hand.

Murlocs.

I hate Murlocs.
Reply Quote
I want to see epic ship battles sky and sea please
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Where is it?
I mean I see a lot of it in Jade Forest, but after our big Skirmish I don't see them again till Kun-Lai summit, which is just building up a foothold and getting some panda allies, then I don't see any more Alliance or Horde again till I hit 90 and talk to Auldin about getting those gates open, that's it. I heard this expansion was putting the WAR back in warcraft, I see a lot of Bugs and Mogus or whatever waring, but not a lot of Alliance versus Horde.

Anyway, if you saw some Waring, let me know I have two other toons to level up, and I want to see all I can.

We've mentioned this before, but it bears repeating here for those that may have missed it. The start of the expansion has been meant to introduce (reintroduce) the war between the Horde and Alliance, but spends a little time introducing you to Pandaria itself. It's (at first) about exploration of this new land. Though, don't be fooled. The war between the Horde and Alliance is there, and will be progressing as the patches progress. The war itself coming to the peaceful shores of Pandaria has stirred up an old enemy of the Pandaren and needs some dealing with too.

I dunno....after doing dozens of "pick X off the ground" quests, only to find myself in situations where Im fighting off 3-4 mobs standing on top of my objective, and some a$$hole from my own faction swoops in and loots the item while I'm doing the dirty work, I'd rather just declare war on everyone, horde and alliance alike.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warrior
On the flip side of this discussion, I really dislike that in order to move the story along in some areas you have to play assuming in storyline that your character fully supports Hellscream and his vision. Like in Krasarang Wilds, I would have liked to tell Kor Bloodtusk to pound sand, but If I want to complete the zone's storyline I HAVE to play according to a set script.
I get it that wow has become all about the numbers and a lot of people don't really care about storyline or roleplay anymore. But in this day and age of morality and alignment systems in games it would be cool if future content gave us a chance to define our characters involvement in the events taking place instead of just going along a strictly linear path.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
So what I get so far in this expansion, Southshore was nuked, theramore nuked, stonetalon mountain nuked, and Alliance is just like pssh whatever we gotta send all of our assets to Panda land cause...uh..why? Why is panda land even matter to the Alliance once you get the prince time to leave and go reconquer our territory not fight the angry gas monsters.

im not really convinced Blizzard can make things feel very war-ish without pussin out and making us all buddies and fighting the greater good. This war with horde and alliance has been going on since wow started and nothing really has happened between the two, until Cata you wouldn't even think they been enemies.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
I am really starting to hate these threads asking for more world pvp.

What about the servers that have a very unbalanced faction ratio? Do you think THEY want more world pvp forced on them?

Do you think everyone follows a scripted, choreographed fight when it comes to world pvp? Or is there some small chance that 10 horde to every alliance does not result in a "fun time"?

Since Blizz takes these threads as gospel, PLEASE for the sake of all of the people that play this game to have fun and not to be corpse-camped by a guild.

Please stop asking for more things that dont work!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]