This game is losing it.

90 Gnome Priest
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7481208/Mists_of_Pandaria_-_Patch_51_PTR_Coming_Soon-10_5_2012#c-6794789680

New daily quest hubs and faction reputations will be available to adventurers eager to do their part in the brewing conflict.

So their idea of content is to give us lots of dailies and reps to grind. No wonder they could promise new content so quickly. They just rename and relocate easy to create content while ignoring what a lot of us actually pay for.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
IDK, I like the new game setup. Dailies aren't that bad and they effectively gate content.

At worst, you have to spend a WHOLE HOUR A DAY outside of a city hub. That's time that you'd be sitting there afk if the dailies didn't exist.
Edited by Rollman on 10/5/2012 2:04 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
You've only been working at dailies for a week. Let me know if you're still enjoying them two weeks from now.

Better yet, I want to see you actively doing them two months from now.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
Dailies are alright. They get me decent cash without making me spend hours flapping around on my wyvern farming minerals.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
10/05/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Joynal
You've only been working at dailies for a week. Let me know if you're still enjoying them two weeks from now.

OK, so they get old. Everything does over time.

10/05/2012 02:17 PMPosted by Joynal
Better yet, I want to see you actively doing them two months from now.

In two months, I should have my reps completed.

To be completely fair Joynal, the game "lost" itself in WotLK. It's only now returning to its former glory. I get that you think that the game should be balanced around people who can only afford to play 2 hours a week and who have the motor skills of a potato, but some of us disagree.
Edited by Rollman on 10/5/2012 3:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Some people like grindy and repetitive and some don't. I think the only issue is that dailys are the only way to gain rep. It would be nice to be able to maybe choose between doing dailys and doing dungeons/raids for rep.

I do like their upcoming rep changes very much at least. Yeah, you still have to grind out reps on your main, but it's pretty awesome for alts. And since I play 2-3 characters about equally as opposed to one main, this is pretty handy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
10/05/2012 03:27 PMPosted by Lèah
It would be nice to be able to maybe choose between doing dailys and doing dungeons/raids for rep.

I agree with this, as long as it is faster to do it via dailies.

The only problem I have with the game atm is the world bosses. The rest is absolutely perfect and exactly the way it needs to be.
Edited by Rollman on 10/5/2012 3:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
And you know that's not my point at all.

It is a game. Players shouldn't be expected to spend 20-30 hours a week to progress at a reasonable rate. Balancing the game around 10 hours is reasonable.

And just because someone only plays 2 hours a week doesn't mean they have the motor skills of a potato.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
10/05/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Joynal
It is a game. Players shouldn't be expected to spend 20-30 hours a week to progress at a reasonable rate. Balancing the game around 10 hours is reasonable.

Well, luckily there aren't 20 days in a week, because it only takes a half hour to do a full set of dailies. Even still, apparently the republican party of maine says that the average wow player is a 28 year old dedicating 22.5 hours a week to the game.

10/05/2012 03:35 PMPosted by Joynal
And just because someone only plays 2 hours a week doesn't mean they have the motor skills of a potato.

No, but you have frequently been an advocate for people who do have the motor skills of a potato.
Edited by Rollman on 10/5/2012 3:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I'd rather be playing with potatoes than some of the a-holes wandering around in the game.

It is a game, there is room for all to have something fun to do without necessarily making all content available to all players regardless of skill. But because it is just a game, there's no good reason for progression to require a player to devote as much time to it on a weekly basis as they do a real life job or education or family.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Well it's a good thing that that's not the case, because you can easily log on, do your dailies, and then log off about an hour later, and that's presuming you're on a high pop server where there is actually competition for spawns. On a relatively inactive server, you're looking at more like a half hour tops INCLUDING travel time.

Personally, I prefer to play with non-potatoes. There is a wide enough sample size that I can find some that aren't !@#$%^-s. Or at least, some that are only *!@#$%^s to potatoes. Which, as long as I am not a potato, is not a problem for me.

The game has a PERFECT level of balance.

The raids are very doable in 463 gear. It's challenging, yes, but hundreds of guilds have already cleared out Mogu'shan vaults. The mechanics are such that if you do them right, your healers should only barely run dry on mana at the end. If you do them wrong, you won't die immediately and you might be able to recover, but your healers will take a heavy toll on mana.

Good tanks are nearly invincible. Bad tanks get reamed in the !@#. Good tanks keep up with the dps on damage done. Bad tanks do not.

The difficulty should ramp down significantly as players acquire gear. Since valor gear is on par with raid gear, dedicated casuals should be able to easily clear the raids in the weeks to come.
Edited by Rollman on 10/5/2012 4:44 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
thelanor you are implying that there are not other ways of acquiring gear.

you can do it bc style and just go right into the raids and they will be challenging without the rep epics, but they will be perfectly doable.

you can also grind out arena gear and the raids will be pretty accessible.

or you can grind out money and acquire boes

or you can do dailies
Edited by Rollman on 10/5/2012 5:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
10/05/2012 05:30 PMPosted by Thel
if you wanna get kicked for !@#$ty performance

pvp gear is perfectly good and in fact i've been pushing our raiders to get at least conquest cap to speed up our gear acquisition rate.

your guild as well as mine is progressing very well into msv in 463 gear, though, so I don't see how you can say that.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
dailies aren't the only step and if that was the case then you'd not have stepped foot into MSV yourself. you've already done half of the raid as it is. by the time the other two raids drop you should have enough gear to do them just as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]