Disc of the Red Flying Cloud...

100 Orc Hunter
...is the best mount of all time.

Small. Elegant. Beautiful.

So very tired of fat stupid dragons shooting sparks out one end and fire out the other taking up all the room on every mountable surface.

Thanks for this, Blizz. And big thanks for it being the Loremasters; rewarding exploration; giving us great, rich stories in this beautiful corner of the world.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
[quoteSmall. Elegant. Beautiful.][/quote]
... And everyone has it!
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Shaman
My only problem is that it's not actually red.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Rogue
10/06/2012 12:10 AMPosted by Korojin

Where's the red, yo.

Also, why's my Great Red Riding Turtle purple, while my Great Purple Riding Turtle is red >:(
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Hunter
Why do we need the disc? Can't they just have us sit all yoga-style on a cloud?

And why is it called specifically "Red", when it's the only color available, and, in fact, is not red at all?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
10/06/2012 12:10 AMPosted by Rabzaus
.. And everyone has it!

Not everyone has to be special snowflakes. I personnally LOVE the look of it.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
10/06/2012 12:16 AMPosted by Kilex
.. And everyone has it!

Not everyone has to be special snowflakes. I personnally LOVE the look of it.

This. Who cares if everyone has it? I think it's fantastic Blizz is gating different rewards behind different gates. You'll get your Giant Electric Jerk Dragon of the Flaming Selfish in your raids, don't worry.

I agree that it could be redder, but I like the disc bit. Can't tell you why, I just dig it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
I would like to sit on it like Lorewalker Cho does. I don't really like the surfing stance on some mounts(kites, carpets, disc). It'd look better if we could sit on it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Mage
It's tinted red, you colourblind noobs!
Edited by Hato on 10/6/2012 12:29 AM PDT
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight
10/06/2012 12:10 AMPosted by Korojin

That is the one thing that bothers me. The disc itself is slightly red in places, but only slightly. Nothing really screams "red" to me.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
And it can't be mounted in water... and dismounts if you enter water.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
I love it and have made it my everything mount. I would like to be able to /sit on it though :|
Reply Quote
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
Yeah, it's my new favorite.
Reply Quote
55 Gnome Death Knight
10/06/2012 12:28 AMPosted by Hato
It's tinted red, you colourblind noobs!

Eh, barely, at least to my eyes.

...it has been a while since I've had my eyes checked, come to think of it.

In any event, I hope for other colors (and maybe colored clouds too).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
[quoteSmall. Elegant. Beautiful.]

... And everyone has it![/quote]

I don't. And likely won't. Ugly.

I'm currently on my Silver Covenant Hippogryph.

Why do we need the disc? Can't they just have us sit all yoga-style on a cloud?

This is my biggest problem with it.

EQ2 has clouds, discs... but no clouds with discs.

Both together look stupid.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
... And everyone has it!

I'll pull out the same analogy I use every time someone decides that they really like a mount and would like to use it, but don't because lots of people have them

I have a Ford F-150 pickup. I use it for both work and play. I really like my truck, both looks and what I can do with it. It also just so happens that the F-series is one of the best selling vehicles of all time. There's tons of them on the road. I can't go anywhere without seeing one. I've never, ever thought, "jee, this sure is a popular vehicle, I should probably go get something different that doesn't appeal to me just because it's different."

I just don't understand the thought process that goes through ones mind when they decide that what others have somehow negatively impacts their own enjoyment of having that same thing.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
I'll sign on for /sit. Though not before I turn myself grey and zip around nude and pretend I'm the Silver Surfer.

brb.
Reply Quote
46 Blood Elf Monk
Kind of looks like you're flying a manhole cover with the hot steam from the sewers keeping it up in the air.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
I'll sign on for /sit. Though not before I turn myself grey and zip around nude and pretend I'm the Silver Surfer.

brb.

You /sit on the expedition yak.

10/06/2012 12:51 AMPosted by Yanju
Kind of looks like you're flying a manhole cover with the hot steam from the sewers keeping it up in the air.

Thanks for the visual.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]