Halfhill Guards

90 Orc Death Knight
I don't know where you guys put the Suggestion forum, but feel free to move it there incase this doesn't fall under CS.

So the guards, what use are they? Whenever a player attacks another, they can just as easily run back to their farm and phase out, evading the guards. Which means they get to kill players without having to risk death from the guards. Is there any way to make guards go through said phasing and attack the player for committing the crime?
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
Well, that depends. If i were to so much as put my cursor mouse on you for example or try to get around you to access an NPC, a trap would be thrown on me and i'd get killed by the guards. Now, IF there's a group of Horde together targeting Alliance, that is a different story altogether. The Developers need to look at Halfhill better and make it a contested/neutral hub especially on a PvP realm.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
10/06/2012 06:20 AMPosted by Kiraelphii
Well, that depends. If i were to so much as put my cursor mouse on you for example or try to get around you to access an NPC, a trap would be thrown on me and i'd get killed by the guards. Now, IF there's a group of Horde together targeting Alliance, that is a different story altogether. The Developers need to look at Halfhill better and make it a contested/neutral hub especially on a PvP realm.

No, this is level 90s. These guards won't kill them before the trap duration ends, they can get enough time to kill somebody then run back to their farm plot to evade the guards because it's phased out. Kinda defeats the whole purpose of having peacekeepers there if they can't keep the peace from cowards running back to their farm plot to evade.
Edited by Nateus on 10/6/2012 5:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
the guards are great for killing the giant birds that show up time to time quickly! :D
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight

No, this is level 90s. These guards won't kill them before the trap duration ends, they can get enough time to kill somebody then run back to their farm plot to evade the guards because it's phased out. Kinda defeats the whole purpose of having peacekeepers there if they can't keep the peace from cowards running back to their farm plot to evade.

I hate this. Every time my lower level toons come through, there's inevitably somebody griefing from the farm's edge. Toss out a few DoTs and then flee to the farm. See a lot of mages blinking and warlocks doing their demonic portal thing. At 90, it's just irksome, but on lower level toons you can wind up nearly dead. And naturally unless you can likewise flee to your farm, you can't do a thing about it.

Also, today I was getting tagged by a cross-server hunter who was apparently untargetable. Apparently there's some phasing dead zone where he can see other players but we can't see him. So you get targeted out of nowhere and can't do a thing about it.

Blizzard really needs to fix this.
Edited by Gebel on 10/19/2012 5:45 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]