No pet battle quests

(Locked)

62 Pandaren Monk
I was under the impression that once you finished the start up quest from the Pet Battle trainer in SW that you would later get more and be able to fight NPC masters out in the world. What happens if you never get the quests and can't do anything when you find the NPC masters?
94 Human Paladin
You should be able to go back to SW and get that quest by talking to her.
62 Pandaren Monk
I know, and I can't. Nothing is there. All the girl offers is to train me in pet battling again which I already have, so that does nothing. She offers no quests now. I had a ticket with blizzard and all they said was that my request was confusing and referred me to wowhead. I'm getting no information or help about this and I'm not the only person who isn't getting the pet quests or able to battle NPC masters.
90 Draenei Death Knight
10/07/2012 10:27 AMPosted by Rhø
I know, and I can't. Nothing is there. All the girl offers is to train me in pet battling again which I already have, so that does nothing. She offers no quests now. I had a ticket with blizzard and all they said was that my request was confusing and referred me to wowhead. I'm getting no information or help about this and I'm not the only person who isn't getting the pet quests or able to battle NPC masters.
If I understand correctly you completed the quest for eastern kingdoms and you are missing Kalimdor. I was having that issue till I checked Org with a horded toon and voila there was the quest for kalimdor. Had to do that chain on that horde toon cause most of the pet battlemasters were marked as horde.
90 Draenei Hunter
I picked up the first Horde Pet Tamer quest. I then completed the quest with an Alliance toon. Then I got credit on my Horde toon for the first set of the Pet Tamers. The problem is on my Alliance toon, I got credit for the first Pet Tamer, and I was unable to go to the next one. So I am missing 5 Pet Tamers for my achievement of Taming Kalimador.
62 Pandaren Monk
@Druscilla
no, I'm not having horde issues. I don't play the Horde anymore, I'm talking about my alliance character. I'm not getting the next quest in the chain after having done the initial one on Alliance. I remember doing maybe one or two from the girl in Stormwind but that was it. Nothing else has popped up and I can't talk to battle masters out in the world.

This seems like a huge oversight. The only reason I feel that way is because the rep I talked to was completely confused. He literally said I was confusing him and he had no idea what I was talking about so he sent me to wowhead to look up quests, hoping I might find help there.

Can we please get a blue response or some kind of information to help?
44 Orc Warrior
My dailys stopped resetting 5 days ago
24 Dwarf Hunter
I defeated all the Eastern Kingdoms pet tamers but the achievement never went to completed. All the pet tamers have a green check mark on the achievement.

I got the daily quests one day but then not again for several days.

Today I got the daily quests from Hinterlands and E. Plaguelands but not 4 others that I checked.
90 Troll Warrior
ya i don't understand the dailies either, every npc seems to randomly have or not have the daily for any given random day
62 Pandaren Monk
There needs to be some information released, light shed, on this matter. I've never gotten any dailies period and some of you state it's random? That's insane. How are we supposed to know what to do without having stumbled upon it by chance? I can't find squat by googling or searching these forums. Nothing helpful on wowhead or wowiki or here.

I feel like I'm missing out on some of the pet battle system, which is a shame for me because I actually really like it.
24 Dwarf Hunter
10/08/2012 09:18 AMPosted by Rhø
There needs to be some information released, light shed, on this matter. I've never gotten any dailies period and some of you state it's random?

Sounds bugged more than random. The battle pet system still has lots of bugs.

If it is random, then it is seems a waste of time to have to fly all over the map and visit each pet tamer in the slim chance of their having the daily quest.

If you have to fly to visit a pet tamer, then they should have a daily quest.

Daily quests for low level tamers in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor don't seem worth the trip.

For the dailies, it would be nice if the pet tamers' pets would scale to your team's level so it would be a challenge and decent experience.
90 Troll Warrior
10/08/2012 10:05 AMPosted by Ungorojoe
For the dailies, it would be nice if the pet tamers' pets would scale to your team's level so it would be a challenge and decent experience.
heroic pet battles? haha
Not sure if this is true for pet dailys but i know MoP are Setup to be random every day, so that may be the isue.
I know that i cant do them on my level 12 i trained it on my 85 and did some and then made my panda and said i had pet battles trained right away. but i got to trainer to get my bird she trains and she wont let me, tells me i have to be traine in pet battles but i alreay am according to my spellbook. :( so till they fix that bug im kinda stuck.
Community Manager
If you're not seeing the daily quests for a continent, have you earned the Taming achievement to unlock them for that continent? Did they show up once and then never come back? (not resetting) Are any working at all, and if so, which ones?

Note: Taming Kalimdor is Horde only, and Taming Eastern Kingdoms is Alliance only. This was done via hotfix so the UI in-game will not update until 5.1, which is why you may see completion swap between the two. Not to worry though, the data is all there and will be resolved with the 5.1 patch.
90 Human Death Knight
I have completed EK and Kalimdor, to do Kalimdor I made a horde toon and took the quests over to my ally, who then did them. I have the achieve filled for EK, not for Kalimdor, but the meta is full so that's alright.

Several times in the past week dailies have not respawned, have spawned at multiple trainers (ie: I can do more than one daily) or only one trainer. I'm not seeing much regularity with them.

This isn't a problem for me, as I've done the 95% of pet battles that I intended to, and am leaving the rest for lazy casual farming and random alt fights while levelling 75 pets to 25. Others will find this vexing, as a daily gives several thousand XP depending on the trainer, VERY good for boosting pets.

I used the undead DK Draenei to grind a lot of pets to level 10 because I had beat all of EK and thought that's how it works, please don't take away my minfernal D:, I hope it's not considered exploitive. It sort of makes sense to be able to repeat fight low level trainers when a continent is complete.(I <3 you Bashiok).
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
If you're not seeing the daily quests for a continent, have you earned the Taming achievement to unlock them for that continent? Did they show up once and then never come back? (not resetting) Are any working at all, and if so, which ones?

Note: Taming Kalimdor is Horde only, and Taming Eastern Kingdoms is Alliance only. This was done via hotfix so the UI in-game will not update until 5.1, which is why you may see completion swap between the two. Not to worry though, the data is all there and will be resolved with the 5.1 patch.

Taming achievement obtained. Did the dailies once. They did not reset. Twice since I have had them one has shown up on one day but that was it.
100 Night Elf Hunter

I have Taming Azeroth finished. I've done the daily quests in Pandaria previously. I'm obviously capable of doing the dailies because I've done them before. They've stopped resetting for me. So I can't ever do them again.
90 Human Hunter
It doesn't sound like he's having an issue with the dailies -- it sounds like he's not getting the quest to go talk to Julia in Elwynn for a battle.
100 Draenei Shaman
Yea, ive been having issues with the pet battle dailies not resetting either. Ive killed all of the battlers' for the Daily stamped quest, then the next day they had nothing for me. That was about a week ago and it hasnt reset since. I figured it was being fixed soon, like when a person with an alliance main and a horde alt completes Taming Kalimdor and it has all the criteria complete, but the cheevo still hasnt completed
24 Dwarf Hunter
10/08/2012 04:07 PMPosted by Bashiok

I finished them both. I got the daily once from them all, then nothing for a few days.

For the last two days, I could do the Hinterlands and Eastern Plaguelands dailies but none of the others that I checked but I didn't check all the low ones.

I haven't seen any on Kalimdor. I have checked Winterspring every day, and I just checked Moonglade, Felwood and S.Barrens today.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]