No pet battle quests

(Locked)

80 Gnome Mage
Same issue, no more pet quests anywhere after the initial newbie ones in Goldshire, dead ends with Audrey, never got to battle any trainers. Thought it would be fun to start my account back up and play around with the battle pets ... so far this has been a big waste of time.
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
01/27/2013 01:06 PMPosted by Binkinator
Same issue, no more pet quests anywhere after the initial newbie ones in Goldshire,

01/24/2013 12:08 PMPosted by Hearus
You have to own mop to get the tamer quest.

Seriously^
85 Troll Shaman
01/27/2013 01:06 PMPosted by Binkinator
Same issue, no more pet quests anywhere after the initial newbie ones in Goldshire, dead ends with Audrey, never got to battle any trainers. Thought it would be fun to start my account back up and play around with the battle pets ... so far this has been a big waste of time.

This is everything I have to say. Owning MOP has to be a bug because the alternative would be too stupid. If I start a Panda am I going to find that I will suddenly be unable to accept quests after level 10?
90 Blood Elf Rogue
I am unable to get any battle pet dailies. I did the first ones and there have never been anymore available to me from the Battle Pet trainer. The only ones I can do are the ones in Pandaria, the Pet tamers and the Pandarian Spirit Dailies. I can't get the ones from Kalimdor, Eastern Kingdoms on my alliance, Outlands, Cata...nothing. I put in a ticket and after a few days I got a response telling me to submit it as a bug. I have already done this. I don't understand how so many people can be having issues and it hasn't been fixed yet.

The only blue poster in this thread put a generic answer which didn't explain anything. It also seemed as if the blue poster didn't even read the post he/she was responding to. Same with GM's these days. They won't help you with ANYTHING. You put a ticket in and you can wait up to a week for what seems is an automated response that has nothing to do with what you are having issues with. That or you wait and wait and wait for what seems is an automated response telling you to submit your issue as a bug.

I've been playing wow for 8 years. GM's used to actually respond within a reasonable amount of time and when they did, you had an actual conversation with them. They listened, gave you answers, treated you like a valued customer. It's not like that anymore. There's really no point in ever putting in a ticket. There's really no point in ever submitting anything as a bug because it doesn't get addressed or fixed. I have even gone so far as to call Blizzard to try and get somebody to give me some customer service. You aren't allowed to talk to anyone about anything, so there's no point in ever calling for service either.

I've given Blizzard the benefit of the doubt for many many years. I have always defended the company (even through the Diablo III mess) and have been a faithful customer for 8 years. Between my husband and I, we have spent thousands and thousands of dollars on this game (2 accounts = Over 3k for subscriptions for 8 years and over 2.5k on store items transfers etc.). It would be nice to get at least a proper answer sometimes or be treated like a valued customer. I think all is lost at this point. I have 2 choices. Quit giving them my money or deal with the broken game and or try and play around all the issues.

The sad state of customer service has def saddened me. It's too bad this company had the potential on having it all. They used to have money, great customer service, loyal customers AND an excellent reputation as a company. I think having all the money is the only thing that matters nowadays.
90 Orc Warrior
I miss when GM's would come into the game and fix things. I can't imagine them fixing the dailies would require weeks and weeks of man hours and break the bank.
Here is my current situation.
I've done everything. Every continent is unlocked for the dailies, in parts as early as November 2012... And I can do them all.
Sorta....
I can fly around on each continent, visit the trainers there and battle them. However.
Every day, I can go to Varzok in Orgrimmar to pick up the quest:
Battle Pet Tamers: Kalimdor
I can do this only on my horde toons. That part seems to work as intended. Kalimdor should be Horde, EK should be Alliance. But...
But this is the only quest I ever get. Every day.
The corresponding quests:
Battle Pet Tamers: Eastern Kingdoms
Battle Pet Tamers: Northrend
Battle Pet Tamers: Cataclysm
Battle Pet Tamers: Pandaria
And I am not sure if there's one for the Spirit tamers as well. I don't count them in for now.

They never show up. Not only can I not get the Alliance counterpart to the Kalimdor quests, I also apparently never have the bi-factional quests.
Essentially I'm missing out of tons of XP from battles, since the tamers listed in the quest can be fought twice. Once for the quest, and once for the normal (blue) daily bound to the tamer.
A nice little extra income of gold.
4 sacks of pet supplies.

All in all that just doesn't make any sense to me.
I should get ALL these quests, or none at all. Right now my horde side has an advantage.
The horde side tamers yield more than the alliance side, due to the lack of the EK quest.
I play both factions, and with the Pet Battles acct wide, it doesn't affect me negatively too much. But if someone plays only Alliance, and my situation is not unique, then Alliance is losing out on one exclusive quest.
Anyhow, I'm waiting forever to have that fixed. For all what has been changed was a complete removal of Eastern Kingdoms from the Achievements list. And I cannot find any official word on what's actually going on.
Edited by Portie on 1/31/2013 3:40 AM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I think I'm having a problem similar to the original poster. On my Horde characters I was following the battle pet quest chain, but after I beat Merda Stronghoof there was no follow up quest to seek another tamer.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I talked to a GM about this. He found three reports similar to mine, all had one common factor, the accounts did not have Mists of Pandaria. He says this is a bug and NOT intentional. They are becoming aware of the problem and will try to fix it. If you are also experiencing this problem let them know please. Hopefully it will make fixing this a higher priority.
90 Human Paladin
I can not get the quests either from SW. But i have Mop. My ticket was responded with check wowhead. Very annoying.
90 Human Paladin
02/06/2013 03:05 PMPosted by Annasteria
I talked to a GM about this. He found three reports similar to mine, all had one common factor, the accounts did not have Mists of Pandaria. He says this is a bug and NOT intentional. They are becoming aware of the problem and will try to fix it. If you are also experiencing this problem let them know please. Hopefully it will make fixing this a higher priority.

having the same problem as well. (doesn't have the Mists of Pandaria Expansion at time of writing. ) begin to suspect that... could that be?
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
02/06/2013 03:05 PMPosted by Annasteria
, the accounts did not have Mists of Pandaria. He says this is a bug and NOT intentional.

I will bet your gm was wrong in all honesty. Needing mop to experience mop content(pet battles are very much mop content) should be considered working as intended imo.
65 Troll Shaman
Here is my current situation.
I've done everything. Every continent is unlocked for the dailies, in parts as early as November 2012... And I can do them all.
Sorta....
I can fly around on each continent, visit the trainers there and battle them. However.
Every day, I can go to Varzok in Orgrimmar to pick up the quest:
Battle Pet Tamers: Kalimdor
I can do this only on my horde toons. That part seems to work as intended. Kalimdor should be Horde, EK should be Alliance. But...
But this is the only quest I ever get. Every day.

This is a bug. This quest is acting like a daily, but is supposed to be a one time quest.
The corresponding quests:
Battle Pet Tamers: Eastern Kingdoms
Battle Pet Tamers: Northrend
Battle Pet Tamers: Cataclysm
Battle Pet Tamers: Pandaria
And I am not sure if there's one for the Spirit tamers as well. I don't count them in for now.

These quests are one time only quests... as the Battle Pet Tamers: Kalimdor should be.
They never show up. Not only can I not get the Alliance counterpart to the Kalimdor quests, I also apparently never have the bi-factional quests.
Essentially I'm missing out of tons of XP from battles, since the tamers listed in the quest can be fought twice. Once for the quest, and once for the normal (blue) daily bound to the tamer.
A nice little extra income of gold.
4 sacks of pet supplies.

All in all that just doesn't make any sense to me.
I should get ALL these quests, or none at all. Right now my horde side has an advantage.
The horde side tamers yield more than the alliance side, due to the lack of the EK quest.
I play both factions, and with the Pet Battles acct wide, it doesn't affect me negatively too much. But if someone plays only Alliance, and my situation is not unique, then Alliance is losing out on one exclusive quest.
Anyhow, I'm waiting forever to have that fixed. For all what has been changed was a complete removal of Eastern Kingdoms from the Achievements list. And I cannot find any official word on what's actually going on.
Of course the other quests do not show up. We are only supposed to be able to do the individual quests for the individual tamers as dailies.

Have you never noticed that, when you get the quest in Orgrimmar, that the ! over the guy's head is yellow not blue? If it were an intended daily, it would be blue. Personally (while I take advantage of it myself and wish the others you mentioned worked the same), I am surprised that they have not fixed that yet.
81 Goblin Warrior
Julia wasn't allowing me to battle her either (low lvl Alliance char.) and I did have the quest in my tracker. I tried abandoning and starting the series over but I can't get the first quest in SW. In SW she has an empty window for skill training and that's all. I tried going through the first three trainers to see if it might be "hung up" but nothing there either.
67 Gnome Warlock
Just to throw out there that I'm having the same issue with pet battles and not being able to access the quest series. I just opened up a ticket to see if I get a response. For reference I do not own Cat or MoP. I just have the basic battle pack.

I found elsewhere a mention that a GM suggested deleting the WTF, cache and Interface subdirectories. Instead I moved them out of the WoW folder and restarted the game. All that did was lose my account and I was presented with a Create a New account script. I moved those directories back.

edit: My batch of killer bunnies is getting antsy. They're beginning to look at me funny.
Edited by Sandrazzley on 3/2/2013 9:33 AM PST
67 Gnome Warlock
Excuse me for following up on my own post. I know that upsets some folks for some strange reason. Some of us work hours every day in support forums and know that it happens and usually for good reason.

A GM got back to me. He or she says that they can see the quests fine when they access my character and move her over to Stormwind to talk to Audrey Burnhep.

They made the suggestion that it may be an issue with my UI and linked to where to reset it. This is the "delete the three subdirectories" method I mentioned up above which did not work for me and in fact removed my characters.

I'll try again and report back.

For reference, it's ticket 35907282.
85 Night Elf Hunter
Julia wasn't allowing me to battle her either (low lvl Alliance char.) and I did have the quest in my tracker. I tried abandoning and starting the series over but I can't get the first quest in SW. In SW she has an empty window for skill training and that's all. I tried going through the first three trainers to see if it might be "hung up" but nothing there either.

This is the same problem I have been having since January. I was hoping for a fix when 5.2 was released, but alas, no such luck. C'mon guys..
90 Tauren Druid
I'm having this issue too, hope to see a resolution! I completed all the Kalimdor and Outland trainers, and was able to do the daily quests for a couple days. Now I can't pick the quest up, and it's not in my logs. Very frustrating. I tried to reset my cache, interface and wtf folders, and that didn't help.
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
I'm having this issue too, hope to see a resolution! I completed all the Kalimdor and Outland trainers, and was able to do the daily quests for a couple days. Now I can't pick the quest up, and it's not in my logs. Very frustrating. I tried to reset my cache, interface and wtf folders, and that didn't help.

Have you tried manually going to the tamers?
90 Tauren Druid
Yes, I fly to a couple every day to check. No quests.
67 Gnome Warlock
Just to mention that a GM got back to me a few days ago and forced the quest to show up. I created a new character since then and it has the quest line as well.

The GM did mention that when they had control of the character, they could see the quest fine.

Best bet would be to open up a GM ticket and ask them to force issuing of the quest. You may want to mention the bit about only seeing the training panel and having no option to interact with the quest giver. That's what it took for me to get them to force it.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]