Tillers

100 Blood Elf Priest
How do you give each member of the Tillers faction, their favourite food?

I have the correct food, the correct number of them, despite what the armoury says, i am 90.

No quest, no blue ? shows up. Nothing.

What am i doing wrong?

The only NPC i seem to be able to give food to, is Fish Fellreed. And even then, i only happen to have 1/5 in my inventory right now. With her, i have the blue ?, and the quest is 100% correct - i can hand that one in once i obtain enough food.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
The blue ? is for the repeatable Gift turn-ins that you find in the dark soil.

The favorite food quests are dailies and, as far as I know, don't display until you have the required foods in your bag already.
Edited by Frosthawk on 10/6/2012 10:43 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I just cooked up Ella's food, was able to and gave her the food successfully.

But i cannot do the same for Haohan Mudclaw.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I cooked another batch of 5 Charbroiled Tiger Steak... still nothing.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
10/06/2012 10:43 PMPosted by Talagand
The dailies aren't the same every day.

Also... Quests forum is thataway ------>
Edited by Amaranthas on 10/6/2012 10:47 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
10/06/2012 10:44 PMPosted by Selline
I cooked another batch of 5 Charbroiled Tiger Steak... still nothing.
Might be a bug.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
So this is considered a daily is it?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight
10/06/2012 10:48 PMPosted by Selline
So this is considered a daily is it?
Each individual one is a daily, yeah.

They're not, like, shared and you can only do one NPC a day, or anything. Did you already feed Haohan today?
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
If you talk to them does it not give you a dialog box underneath the "What gifts do you like?" to give them the food? IIRC it doesn't show you a blue ?, it just gives you the dialog box offer to give it to them when you talk to them.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
10/06/2012 10:51 PMPosted by Alona
If you talk to them does it not give you a dialog box underneath the "What gifts do you like?" to give them the food? IIRC it doesn't show you a blue ?, it just gives you the dialog box offer to give it to them when you talk to them.

I successfully completed the Ella food ''daily''. It appears as a blue !. Opening the dialogue gives a blue ? additional option. Opening that gives you the complete dialogue. With Mudclaw i cannot achieve even the blue !. I am going to assume this is because the ''daily'' is just not with Haohan Mudclaw today.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
i am having the same issue but i was able to turn in a round of the food's to unlock one blue daily quest for the groceries. i believe you have to be level 90 to start the rest and to turn in the shards and lilly's. my wife was able to turn in one lilly before 90 but nothing after that so far so i assume she got lucky.

it shows you at 89 so come back and let us know if at 90 you still have the issues please.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Worgen Warlock
i am having the same issue but i was able to turn in a round of the food's to unlock one blue daily quest for the groceries. i believe you have to be level 90 to start the rest and to turn in the shards and lilly's. my wife was able to turn in one lilly before 90 but nothing after that so far so i assume she got lucky.

it shows you at 89 so come back and let us know if at 90 you still have the issues please.

The Marsh lily you give Gina is part of the initial tillers introductory tutorial. You cannot farm dark soil for other gifts until you reach level 90.

ETA: And yes, you cannot raise friendship rep with the tillers until you are level 90.
Edited by Alona on 10/6/2012 10:58 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

The favorite food quests are dailies and, as far as I know, don't display until you have the required foods in your bag already.

You're incorrect, the quests are there(which ones are available on which day are completely random), the blue daily quest mark appears over the NPC head, regardless if you've already cooked the food. I can confirm this as I never actually cook the food until I know which npcs are up that particular day.
Edited by Retsu on 10/6/2012 11:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
I have the correct food, the correct number of them, despite what the armoury says, i am 90.
Reply Quote
100 Undead Death Knight

You're incorrect, the quests are there(which ones are available on which day are completely random), the blue daily quest mark appears over the NPC head, regardless if you've already cooked the food. I can confirm this as I never actually cook the food until I know which npcs are up that particular day.
And I can confirm that what I said is true because that's how it works when I do it.

The food dailies are separate from the regular set of kills-and-tasks dailies that are randomized.

No quest indicator appears until I have the required foods in my bag. I've fed Haohan, Fung, Gina and Jogu today, despite only two of them being in the market.
Edited by Frosthawk on 10/6/2012 11:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest

And I can confirm that what I said is true because that's how it works when I do it.

The food dailies are separate from the regular set of kills-and-tasks dailies that are randomized.

No quest indicator appears until I have the required foods in my bag. I've fed Haohan, Fung, Gina and Jogu today, despite only two of them being in the market.

Terrible people these Tillers. Cant even feed themselves. /sheesh
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Unsure what trouble the original poster is having, but I can confirm you can feed ALL the Tiller folk once per day. You simply have to go find them at their individual farms if they are not in the market that day.

Gina Mudclaw will be happy to tell you where each of them live to help you find them all.

If you haven't tried asking the various folk what their favorite foods are, you might give that a go.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
Unsure what trouble the original poster is having, but I can confirm you can feed ALL the Tiller folk once per day. You simply have to go find them at their individual farms if they are not in the market that day.

Gina Mudclaw will be happy to tell you where each of them live to help you find them all.

If you haven't tried asking the various folk what their favorite foods are, you might give that a go.

Telling you their favourite food is ALL they tell you.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
There are 6-8 tillers but only 3, i think, per day have a food turn in option. Just have to check them all daily to see who is up.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]