Alani Mount Rep?

90 Draenei Mage
NIN
Why does http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/90655 have such a high rep needed that you not only have to get GL rep to revered first to unlock the AC rep to even grind it to Exalted? The farming low chance drop crystals alone should be payment enough to use this mount.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
NIN
I have to agree here. This is a real low blow. Never mind the fact that to ride this mount you have to get Cloudserpents exalted. Or that the shard drop rates are so low. Or that everyone and their mothers are working to farm shards for this as well. Or that to really farm these you have to deal with people all day long trying to tag the same mobs just for their dailies. But then you have to make it require a reputation that you can't even unlock for several weeks. And THEN make it require exalted with that rep. Which based on every other Pandarian reputation grind, it too will take several weeks.

I just don't understand it Blizzard. Can you please just give an explanation.
Reply Quote
14 Blood Elf Priest
You'll want to ask over in General.
Reply Quote
87 Gnome Mage
Hard-to-get mount is extremely hard-to-get, news at 11. Seriously, why is this a problem? A lot of things are really hard to get, and are extreme luxury items. Yeah, it's hard, but it's supposed to be hard. =/ I don't really see the problem, honestly.
Reply Quote
MVP - Customer Support
90 Tauren Druid
I remember when I first got Reins of the Bronze Drake, back in early Wrath. It sat in my bags for a while, as a reminder and incentive to me to finish farming up the gold to earn the riding skill necessary to use it.

Same thing applies to Reins of the Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent. If you get the drop, you must have already farmed a LOT (the shards are VERY rare) - so a little more grinding won't be too bad for you. And with the hotfix to rep gains, it'll be even easier.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." -- Groucho Marx
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
NIN
I remember when I first got Reins of the Bronze Drake, back in early Wrath. It sat in my bags for a while, as a reminder and incentive to me to finish farming up the gold to earn the riding skill necessary to use it.

I don't think you see the difference here. Leveling just from 70 to 80 you got well over the few thousand needed for the faster riding. And that's just from quest gold. The complaint here is not that it is hard. But the fact that something hard has been done and the only reason the reward is not available is because of the gating of reputation that Blizzard has put in.

10/07/2012 09:30 AMPosted by Pahanda
it'll be even easier.

Even with the "double" reputation gain from revered to exalted this will barely lessen the time. I don't mean to be rude but given your own experience with rep grinds (particularly the longer ones) I honestly don't think you understand.
Edited by Nonfiction on 10/7/2012 11:52 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]