Juking obsolete w/ glyph of gag order

90 Troll Mage
I don't think I'm reaching too far when I say that notion/concept of spell cast-juking (or faking in order to have a player waste an interupt) is widely regarded as a pvp skill. In fact, a popular addon "interrupt bar" was even developed in order to help players track when they have successfully "juked" someone.

With the warriors new glyph of gag order, they are granted a 3 second (undispellable) silence on both their pummel and heroic throw. Traditionally, warriors would have to catch a caster mid cast with pummel to stop the cast and lock them out, but now with the glyph they will silence them 3 seconds every time.

I believe this glyph completely removes the long established concept of spell-cast "juking/faking" for the warrior class, a concept that adds richness and depth to pvp aspect of wow. It acts as an "idiot-proof" pummel to always guarantee an interrupt, or a "fail-safe" to speak more euphemistically.

A warrior in a popular thread suggests a fair compromise I believe:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6607330885

Return pummel to its traditional role, but allow the glyph to give heroic throw the 3 second silence. In addition to all the other user friendly changes made to the warrior class, I think they will still be doing just fine for themselves. QQ mass spell reflect, just playing you can keep that... for now :P

(yes obviously I am making this post on a 90 mage with the OP alter time ability, etc, etc. but like many of you I play many other classes and enjoy a balanced game, this was just the first toon I leveled.)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Will we remove CS blanket silence, as well?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/07/2012 01:01 AMPosted by Zingthepanda

Please do. Take out all silence / interrupt combos. Make them either or. When you combine the abilities you reward bad play.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I like juking Counterspell and still being silenced for the duration of a melee interrupt. It's fun!

And yes yes i'm aware i'm a warlock with a blanket interrupt spell thingie, but that doesn't make it okay. Spell lock is dumb too, Perhaps a little less dumb than counterspell due to pet reliance.. But it's the same mechanic.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage

CS blanket is 4 seconds, with 6 seconds interrupt and on a 24 sec cd for mages.

Pummel is a 3 second silence with a 4 second interrupt(is there even a point to use it as an interrupt at this stage?) and on a 15 second cd, with the ability to heroic throw gag order in between.

A blanket CS is needed in arenas at the moment to the classes that have it in order to even land a kill vs Rdruid teams and in some cases, rsham teams. Unless of course, we all want to play one of the high damage one button win comps(BM Hunter/Warrior/X, Mage/Spriest/X, Mage/BM/X, Warrior/Mage/X, well you get the trend.)
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage

Any decent mage knows how much more beneficial it is to use their counter spell to lock out as opposed to just the 4 sec blanket silence, I used to forgo that talent in my rbg fire spec even for more aoe dmg. But now blizzard makes us take with the revamped talent trees.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Juking has always been easier than interrupt because you get to pick when to cancel it, it's not entirely skill based, or at least, it favors the person juking way too much to be considered fair.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
10/07/2012 11:10 AMPosted by Akumos
Juking has always been easier than interrupt because you get to pick when to cancel it, it's not entirely skill based, or at least, it favors the person juking way too much to be considered fair.

Maybe so, but I'd argue that juking is one of the little battles that will the determine the outcome of the larger battle in a pvp setting. A sort of mind game develops between the juker and the jukee which I think can eventually swing either way, and the victory of that battle will greatly increase the chances of their team winning the greater battle. And if warriors are winning this little battle by default now via glyph I think it is just bad for pvp. my $.02
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Blanket silences are the problem. At least before, when warriors spec'd into Gag order, they had to give up some major utility like Piercing Howl. Now they got all that utility plus massive dmg.
Would be nice to see blanket silences removed from the game. Or put them on a longer CD, 1-2 mins minimum. That or give healers an aura mastery-type spell thats on a 15 sec CD. It's only fair at this point.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
lets say my death grip/strangulate are on cd now i interrupt some1 with mind freeze cool they're locked out for 4 seconds, but if i get juked im !@#$ED they continue casting for the remaing 15 SECONDS why cant u give dks a strangulate like cs 24 second cd is op, just saying when we get juked there's absolutely nothing we can do when strangulate and dg on cd.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Blanket silences are stupid.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/07/2012 10:59 AMPosted by Lancebriggs

Any decent mage knows how much more beneficial it is to use their counter spell to lock out as opposed to just the 4 sec blanket silence, I used to forgo that talent in my rbg fire spec even for more aoe dmg. But now blizzard makes us take with the revamped talent trees.

lol

i cant tell you how many 3s i lost last season because my healer got blanketed by a mage and not even interrupted.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/07/2012 11:10 AMPosted by Akumos

The best melee dont kick ever. they let the healers juke themselves to death.
nothing is worse in this game than having a dk on you WHO WONT USE MINDFREEZE.

Sorry, you can't advocate for the removal of gag-order on pummel and be opposed to removing the blanket silence from counterspell. It just shows bias.

Blanket silence is no where near as bad as gag order... just from the actual mechanics of it, you can ground or dispel CS.
Edited by Jkspiritlink on 10/7/2012 12:22 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
who doesnt let the first 1 or second get interrupted, to see if they are actually good or not

The best melee dont kick ever. they let the healers juke themselves to death.
nothing is worse in this game than having a dk on you WHO WONT USE MINDFREEZE.

mayb u should fully cast a heal to see if hes actually gunna waste his mind freeze, you probably are just going against people that dont interrupt and are tunnel visioning, its not like all interrupts are on a 15 sec cd now, oh wait. Earth shield will save your !@# if u do get interrupted
Edited by Truepk on 10/7/2012 12:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
10/07/2012 12:17 PMPosted by Jkspiritlink
WHO WONT USE MINDFREEZE
Im soooo happy that dks cant use death grip to stop a cast during the interrupt immunity on the first 5 seconds of spirit walkers grace.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
10/07/2012 01:20 AMPosted by Kallìk
Please do. Take out all silence / interrupt combos. Make them either or. When you combine the abilities you reward bad play.

I agree.

While they're at it make all CCs break on damage, so it requires paying attention to the board and using your noodle to create CC chains and not just mindlessly spam it while murdering people through it. Including stuns. It is now actually about crowd controlling again.

We just fixed a massive, on-going problem with PvP.

Congratulations, gentlemen. I'll get the bubbly.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]