Cross Faction Role-Play

87 Human Death Knight
Cross faction RP seems to be very difficult if not impossible. I was wondering what ideas/suggestions you have on how Blizz can maybe improve it
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
It's actually very possible.

Just battletag conversation a bunch of people on both horde and alliance and create a battletag chat.

Granted you can't do it all in /say but you can do all the typing in the chat window instead.
Reply Quote
Back in TBC we had two folks over Ventrilo talking to eachother to explain what everyone was saying during an event on the Night Elf ship that traveled from Darkshore to Teldrassil.

Y'know, back when there wasn't all out war and folks were kinda' just tense all the time. And there were some territory disputes and all that.
Reply Quote
20 Blood Elf Monk
In WoW alpha Horde could group with Alliance, I kindof wish that couldve been current. Cause that wouldve made RP in my opinion much more fun
Reply Quote
10/08/2012 06:07 PMPosted by Juzlin
In WoW alpha Horde could group with Alliance, I kindof wish that couldve been current. Cause that wouldve made RP in my opinion much more fun

Except we didn't have RP for six months after release.

Well, we did in pockets, but there were no actual dedicated servers to RP.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
With things like Real ID and battle tags, and ventrillo, there is not much standing in your way. I do it a lot with friends who like to rp some really different storylines. True you cannot use emotes or the jokes and so forth that are in game, but you can still talk to each other and rp in the chat window.
Reply Quote
There's a good bit of cross faction roleplay on my realm. The AAMS used to help coordinate cross faction RP by 'translating' things for each side involved, but as other people have said, with the advent of Real ID and Battletags, it's become very simple just to create a Battletag window for everyone to use.

On how to improve it? It would be really nice if people who were tagbuddies could all join the same raid and communicate. Say, if I saw a Horde friend of mine, I could invite him to join my party, even if my other party members don't have a battletag. It would allow people who weren't on the battletag system to join in.

Or at least up the number of people allowed in a conversation. We've hit the max participants pretty often, resulting in players having to 'sit out' the main RP and rely on others to tell them what's going on.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]