Missing Graphics/Textures?

100 Goblin Mage
I installed WoW i'd say about a week or two ago again because I decided to come back :), however when I installed it and played some graphics are just a lime green, and they still are. My cousin owns a apple computer and his graphics are perfectly fine. I am running on poor graphics at the moment to reduce lag (thankfully not a issue for me). I am not sure if they just havent loaded yet or something messed up when I installed. If you have any tips please let me know. Thank you.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hey Excl,

Can you try this and see if it helps?

1. Navigate to /Applications/World of Warcraft
    2. Move the WTF, Cache and Interface folders to the desktop
    3. Now go into the Data folder and delete the Cache folder
    4. Navigate to /Users/Shared and delete the Battle.net folder
    5. Launch the World of Warcraft Launcher. Let all updates apply and hit Play when Game is up to date is displayed.
Reply Quote
86 Undead Mage
hey im having the same problem and this didnt really fix it.. should i wait till the game updates to 100%?
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
01/26/2013 05:36 PMPosted by Arrivederci
hey im having the same problem and this didnt really fix it.. should i wait till the game updates to 100%?

Yes. Until the game is 100% updated, things may be missing. If the issue persists after being 100% up to date, then let us know.
Reply Quote
87 Human Warrior
I am having this same problem but my computer crashes about 5 minutes after I select a character and Enter World. I am waiting for it to reach 100% this will probably take a good while to just wondering if I can get some help about the crashing and even some other solutions if neither of the two options above. I have tried the 1st one.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
90 Human Priest
Saint, you really do need to wait for the Launcher to put up the message "Game is up to date" before you click Play. Although you can play before the data is 100% downloaded, you shouldn't do so, for the very reasons you've experienced firsthand. Patience goes a long way when it comes to World of Warcraft patching, and waiting until the game is fully up to date almost always means less headaches and trips to the troubleshooting forums. :)

Excl, if you are continuing to encounter this issue, could you post your system specifications? There is the possibility that you may have a Mac that has just barely functional video drivers or an unsupported video card, and that should be ruled out or known so we can further assist you in resolving the graphics issues.

Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]