Why do people ALWAYS want free time?

90 Human Paladin
10/07/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Flimflam
I find it funnier when people ask for their money back for the missed time, perhaps not realizing the fact that it'd be like 2 cents.

this is true...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/07/2012 11:32 AMPosted by Oraniquitis
Spoiled little brats with entitlement problems and delusions of grandeur.

pretty much this ^^
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
You know, I actually remember when blizzard used to credit free time for over extended maintence days.

Back when Bliz gave a damn lol
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
$15 a month is pretty inexpensive. If you're complaining that you can't play a few hours out of the month because they're having a tad bit of technical difficulties and believe they owe you for what many services go through, then you have a tad bit of a problem.
Reply Quote
85 Pandaren Monk
entitlement

Oh boy here we go
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Scientists are predicting a massive solar flare during 2013. Said that it could damage power grids and that people could have no electric for a month or more.

If one hour is bothering you, holyfriggincrapareyouevergoingtoQQthen.

Luckily, our government is aware of the possibility and is doing their best to safe-guard our power grids. We should be fine. ::snicker::
Reply Quote
Why do people ALWAYS want free time?

Because somewhere along the line of human evolution, customer service transformed into "give me free stuff or i'll cry like a child." And no one wants to listen to a crying child.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Because we paid to play on the 7th.
Blizzard ooked that up, so they owe us for the 7th.

Its not that we want free time, its that we want what is owed.
Atleast I do, blizzard keeping the game down on the 7th basically says to me they stole that paid game time away from us.

The 7th started 14hrs 37 minutes ago(east coast) and doesn't end for another 11 and a half.. should have played earlier bud.

Edit: Your paying for the chance to play the game while understanding that you may not get to play it at all. Its all in the Terms & Conditions.
Edited by Niaris on 10/7/2012 11:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
Before Activision, whenever the game would be down, and it was not standard or expected maintenance, Blizzard provided additional paid time. That ended.

I do not mind paying for the time. But my server was supposed to only be down 15 minutes, and it is now 6 times longer and continuing.

The reason for letting players know about downtime is where they can plan, but when the credibility of the downtime estimates is less than that of Congress, you might as well use a dartboard.
Reply Quote
10/07/2012 11:35 AMPosted by Mittwaffen
Sorry blizzard makes too much profit for us to accept that BS Shakha; they need to give us whats owed; and more so when this game makes 25% of the total profit for Vivindi/Activision year.

Maybe you should go read those Terms of Service again mate. I promise you, you're not owed anything.
Reply Quote
85 Troll Druid
Think about this, when you sleep you aren't playing the game so do you want Blizz to give you free time because you went to sleep? NO
Just be patient and the servers will be back up, stop asking for free time everytime a little issue pops up.

The same reason people ALWAYS make threads asking why people ALWAYS want free time. Its human nature to complain and to complain about the complainers. You are no different than those creating threads wanting free time. Just people shoving their thoughts down other peoples throats.

You sir, win the internets for a day (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Reply Quote
My credit card billing cycle has moved a good month in about 16 months on this credit card. So I have been credited almost 2 days a month since changeing cards.

Blizz does credit quite a bit of time. What I have gotten in credit preaty well covers server maintenance and downtimes, allot of which I am sleeping anyhow.
Reply Quote
I'd rather get other free things from blizzard then free time, like you know maybe a race change or two some a server transfer for some alts, and maybe a faction change!
Reply Quote
81 Human Warrior
Think about this, when you sleep you aren't playing the game so do you want Blizz to give you free time because you went to sleep? NO
Just be patient and the servers will be back up, stop asking for free time everytime a little issue pops up.

Not that I think we should get free time for a few hours of downtime but...

Despite sleeping, other players can play during those hours you sleep. If you woke up you could go and actually play IF you wanted to. You have the ability to play during those hours, you just choose not to. You don't have the ability to play during extended downtime.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
10/07/2012 11:37 AMPosted by Shylena
I do not mind paying for the time. But my server was supposed to only be down 15 minutes, and it is now 6 times longer and continuing.

Your server is up, there is a bug with authentication.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I don't want free time.

I want to know who was fired for not doing their job properly.

But, we all know that's a joke. The downtime, screw-ups, and obvious gross failures to test code properly is a conscious decision on the part of Blizz: It's cheaper to lose a few irate customers than to actually hire enough competent people and pay them enough to care.

I had a friend that went through the process for a programming position from Blizz, and actually got a job offer from them in Irvine, CA, 5 years or so back. The pay they offered him would have been ALMOST enough, after taxes, to rent a single bedroom apartment in a semi-decent neighborhood in the area.

Judging from experience, things haven't gotten any better.

*squeeeeeeeeeee I'm working for Blizz squeeeeeeeeeeeee* doesn't pay the bills.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
Spoiled little brats with entitlement problems and delusions of grandeur.

Because it's a paid service. They took my money, now let me play
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
10/07/2012 11:33 AMPosted by Amz
People are really hurting by that $0.45 they spent to play this hour, and it turns out Blizzard is fixing something and thus they feel their cents are wasted.

Fixing what? No patch notes or anything. What was this dire emergency that needed the servers down during peak time on a weekend?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Why do people always support the big guy or corporate interests over the little guy, which they always are? Politicians pay good money to harness that power.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]