So very little comradery here...

90 Pandaren Monk
Browsing various topics, I see:

-RaFs vs 1-90 monks
-the good ol' PvE vs PvP back and forth
-"My spec sucks/is awesome vs your spec sucks/is awesome so I don't care about your problems"

Seriously, what gives? Is it because this is a new class, so just about everyone has other mains they feel more "attached" to? We all signed up to punch things in the face (or heal by punching things in the face), I really don't understand some people's attitudes of "screw everyone else that doesn't fit into my playstyle."

I won't lie about my position on WW PvP: I feel it needs some changes. I am in no way, however, against my PvE buddies who are rocking the DPS charts and I certainly don't want any PvP changes to the monk negatively affecting PvE. Is it really so hard to have that kind of attitude? Can't we all just come together to hate warriors and mages like every other class forum? (That's a joke, I have nothing against warriors and mages either, as I have both *cough*)
Edited by Kalpo on 10/7/2012 2:38 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
Browsing various topics, I see:

-RaFs vs 1-90 monks
-the good ol' PvE vs PvP back and forth
-"My spec sucks/is awesome vs your spec sucks/is awesome so I don't care about your problems"

Seriously, what gives? Is it because this is a new class, so just about everyone has other mains they feel more "attached" to? We all signed up to punch things in the face (or heal by punching things in the face), I really don't understand some people's attitudes of "screw everyone else that doesn't fit into my playstyle."

I won't lie about my position on WW PvP: I feel it needs some changes. I am in no way, however, against my PvE buddies who are rocking the DPS charts and I certainly don't want any PvP changes to the monk negatively affecting PvE. Is it really so hard to have that kind of attitude? Can't we all just come together to hate warriors and mages like every other class forum? (That's a joke, I have nothing against warriors and mages either, as I have both *cough*)

Unfortunately with the WoW forums you can substitute the word 'Monk' with any other class in your post and it would be the same (except maybe warriors and mages - joke).

That being said the PvE vs. PvP thing I agree needs to stop. Just because you choose to fight other players and I don't doesn't make you suddenly superior to me just like the fact that I don't PvP does not make me superior to you. Changes need to balance both playstyles.
Reply Quote
14 Orc Hunter
PvE is so simple that it would be extremely easy to balance, PvP on the other hand would take some complex changes.

At the moment WW monk is unplayable in PvP.
Reply Quote
55 Pandaren Monk
Meh, all classes have their little 'PVE vs PvP' debates. Everyone has preferences to one or the other, kinda like how some people prefer Coke over Pepsi. Those that like PvE only probably won't ever like PvP and vise versa, just like people that like only Coke will never like Pepsi and vise versa. Though that won't stop people from yelling one is better than the other. And that's not to say that some don't like both.

As far as the 'RaF vs 1-90', that's pretty much because of it being a new class. Eventually, everyone who likes the class will learn it regardless of how they leveled and this little.... feud, I guess is a good term for it, will disappear. And I don't quite understand what you mean by that third topic.

Edit:
PvE is so simple that it would be extremely easy to balance, PvP on the other hand would take some complex changes.

At the moment WW monk is unplayable in PvP.

And this is a good example of someone who'll yell for PvP's superiority till their last breath. >.>
Edited by Brewkin on 10/7/2012 3:10 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I just tried PvP for the first time at 90, and I gotta say...it's not as bad as people make it out to be

yes, I'll agree it needs some serious changes, but it's by no means unplayable
Reply Quote
14 Orc Hunter
I just tried PvP for the first time at 90, and I gotta say...it's not as bad as people make it out to be

You're not a PvPer. You stepping into a battleground is like a garbageman stepping into a hospital and expecting to cure patients. You have no idea how bad our xray machines are or how lacking we are in proper pharmaceuticals, all you see is "ooh shiny button" and you think that the class is fine.

PvE players need to stop talking about PvP like they have half a clue.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk

You're not a PvPer. You stepping into a battleground is like a garbageman stepping into a hospital and expecting to cure patients. You have no idea how bad our xray machines are or how lacking we are in proper pharmaceuticals, all you see is "ooh shiny button" and you think that the class is fine.

Level 14 Orc hunters should stop coming in to the Monk forums and being a mouth-breathing moron and thinking that you are in some way superior to everyone else.

I don't PvP because I find it boring. In the past I have a lot but due to the fact that most people I've PvP'd against couldn't find their hotkeys if they were bright pink and attached to their monitor makes the challenge of PvP non-existant for me. I actually find more fun and more challenge with raiding. (please note I'm not saying all PvP'ers are morons just my experience of the majority of them)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
WoW forums are a cesspool. You haven't been around here long if you expect something else.
Reply Quote
I honestly think it's people below 90 saying we are so Op.
90's knowing we are in no way op. To stand out at all we have to be perfect in rotation or we lose so much.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
90's knowing we are in no way op. To stand out at all we have to be perfect in rotation or we lose so much.

Well I can't see my DPS going down in the next 4 levels and the dungeon I ran before work I out DPS'd two level 90 players (Hunter and Warrior) ...
Reply Quote

Well I can't see my DPS going down in the next 4 levels and the dungeon I ran before work I out DPS'd two level 90 players (Hunter and Warrior) ...

Really?

I pull around 45k to 55k dps, warriors and hunters I group with pull 50k-70k dps. So I find your statement hard to believe. And I am not talking about aoe trash, I am talking about boss fights.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
IMO there is no way to balance PvP. its the truest fact of the statement "Rating may change during online experience"...people find ways around everything and with the panda invasion figuring out monks was the easiest. kite...kite..and more kite..especially a WW.

If you dont like the class' performance you should prbly play another class that you do like because for every person that complains there is another completely enjoying it, flaws and all. Its called making lemonade from lemons. So WW sucks in PvP... ok, then go into PvP as MW or BrM or just don't PvP on your monk. And I dont hardcore PvP but i have played around in a few so far and ill tell WW to me isnt that bad but then again I made a monk to tank so I didnt invest to much into how WW played but I loved nailing people with FSK. Saddest part is it doesnt take much aim so even then I dont see how so many people fail with it. You should prbly check your skill before you check the dev's. And having another 90 you've PvPd up through the ranks with doesnt mean you have skills as a MONK it just means you were a good shaman,priest,drewd, w/e...

Everything in life has strengths and weaknesses. Have any of you stopped to think that maybe WW wasn't ment for PvP or, did you just assume because its the DPS spec for this class that it has to be good when it comes to beating up other people? Seems to me like most of you simply set your expectations very high and because your monk isnt owning RBG's and Arena's like your RGE or WAR used to it just sucks right? heh
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk

Really?

I pull around 45k to 55k dps, warriors and hunters I group with pull 50k-70k dps. So I find your statement hard to believe. And I am not talking about aoe trash, I am talking about boss fights.

Really ? I"m doing 35 single target now (the hunter and warrior were both around 30) .. AoE .. ya lets say it's very high and go from there. And it's not like I have anything special gear wise either.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/07/2012 03:20 PMPosted by Corten

PvP players need to admit that any short comings they experience isnt the class its because the person on the other side of the screen outsmarted, out-strategized, out-healed, out-w/e he/she did to take you down and walk away.

"OMG im WW and I cant kill anyone because I dont have any abilities that close gaps QQ"
Well you knew that before you q'd so what are you crying for? You knew you would be at the mercy of any long range contender so heres what you should do...play DEF.

Its funny how so many of you "PvPrs" instantly start to QQ when you are killing people...I dont even PvP like that but even im smart enough to know that DEF plays a major part in winning BGs..some of you guys arent sounding as smart as you think you are..or as elite..

While PvP/Conflict is the CORE of the games LORE..it is not the games main focus. PvE END GAME CONTENT is what drives this game. You guys QQ more then people who play Halo and constantly complain about the multiplayer...the game is about the story...THE STORY!!!!

This all seems pretty obvious to me but then again I dont spend most of my time getting hit in the head so as a mostly PVEr its understandable for me have a tad more common sense. heh

Clearly you dont have a clue Mr.I-PvP-4-Realz LAWL
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
And so im somewhat true to the post topic my advice to boost comradery would be for everyone to stop complaining about what they cant do and excell at what they can...its all a team effort from raiding to RBG's. So to all my QQing WW's get off the battlefield and own the flagroom, own the flag area! A WW doesnt need a "charge" if they come to you..

"If you defend it, they will come" in whispering ghost voice.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Monk
And so im somewhat true to the post topic my advice to boost comradery would be for everyone to stop complaining about what they cant do and excell at what they can...its all a team effort from raiding to RBG's. So to all my QQing WW's get off the battlefield and own the flagroom, own the flag area! A WW doesnt need a "charge" if they come to you..

"If you defend it, they will come" in whispering ghost voice.
this right after you bash someone for merely stating that people who play in a field don't know its problems...... WW in pvp is not fine, yes I can stomp morons on a BG but to do that I have to severely outplay most classes and sometimes I just die in a deep anyways. The fact that you think only defending does anything or that wsg and TP are the only forms of pvp in this game shows your own ignorance. I'll admit I don't give a !@#$ about pve but at the same time I don't go in pve threads spouting out stuff because I think I'm good. And yes pvers have been join in pvp oriented threads since this forum was opened saying lol idk wtf ur talking about i top damage in heroics herp derp.
Edited by Augiddin on 10/7/2012 4:57 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It is simply human nature. People come to the forums to a) troll or b) complain. Very few people come here to learn or help people with their class.

Thus, you get what we have, a whole lot of crying and complaining and name calling. If you can learn to sift through it, there are a few nuggets of goodness here.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
10/07/2012 03:55 PMPosted by Bones
hunters I group with pull 50k-70k dps

Lolol, you must be grouping with hunters from server first guilds in good gear then, hunters are bottom of the barrel when it comes to dps currently.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Death Knight

Really?

Really ? I"m doing 35 single target now (the hunter and warrior were both around 30) .. AoE .. ya lets say it's very high and go from there. And it's not like I have anything special gear wise either.

you do realize aoe dmg means next to nothing right? ever heard a raid leader say we need more high aoe dmg classes or we'll never finish this instance cuz trash is too hard? get good soon.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]