So top dps in raids

90 Human Warrior
http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Mogu'shan_Vaults/dps/
http://worldoflogs.com/rankings/players/Mogu'shan_Vaults/dps/
Some great balancing, keep up the good work, unfortunate that the one tank you nerfed isn't anywhere there but the one you buffed is dominating some. Always great seeing tanks doing more dps in raids than dps.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Well for Feng there is a mechanic that boosts the off tanks dps up very high through stealing his abilities, so far other than the first 2 bosses the tanks are where they should be.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I like how outside of Stone Guard, Rogues are pretty much non-existent.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
There is a rogues on the top areas of fights, they are highly strong. They do exist believe it or not.

I'm perfectly under the assumption that really is the player, bad people will be bad dps, good players will be great dps. Yes it may be easier on others, but overall it comes down to the players ability to execute the mechanics and optimize his rotation and uptime.
Edited by Lianshi on 10/7/2012 6:18 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
You're right, how silly of me. All those Affliction Locks must be much better players than all the Rogues who completely forgot how to play their class and did terrible in raids this week.
Edited by Kanoi on 10/7/2012 6:31 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Rogue
10/07/2012 05:32 PMPosted by Kanoi
I like how outside of Stone Guard, Rogues are pretty much non-existent.

Middle of the road DPS classes don't tend to show up on top DPS trackers. Not sure why you act like it's a surprise.
10/07/2012 06:26 PMPosted by Kanoi
all the Rogues who completely forgot how to play their class and did terrible in raids this week.

There's a lot of grey area between not being the best in the world and being terrible.
Edited by Aureus on 10/7/2012 6:37 PM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
There is a rogues on the top areas of fights, they are highly strong. They do exist believe it or not.

I'm perfectly under the assumption that really is the player, bad people will be bad dps, good players will be great dps. Yes it may be easier on others, but overall it comes down to the players ability to execute the mechanics and optimize his rotation and uptime.

It's also a matter that all the FOTM rerolls ditched for something else when they heard rogue was being brought back down to mortal levels, so there's probably just not that many entries to begin with.
Doing upwards of 50 heroics gearing up, I only saw 2 rogues (and I was always looking for one to cast symbiosis on... so I was paying attention)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
So after gazing over the logs for spiritbinder 25, most dps sim at around 73k or lower with feral dps topping at 70k. The OP warlocks as you are talking 2nd place prases at about 69k then it suddenly jumps up to 83k for first place, so in all its one person who has broken the average dps barrier. I don't know exactly how but I would consider that an outliner for that fight.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/07/2012 06:26 PMPosted by Kanoi
You're right, how silly of me. All those Affliction Locks must be much better players than all the Rogues who completely forgot how to play their class and did terrible in raids this week.

First two bosses have a lot of movement, affliction warlocks are great for that. Affliction is also good for multi-dotting.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Hunter
10/07/2012 04:39 PMPosted by Gawain
Always great seeing tanks doing more dps in raids than dps.

no it's not :(
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
All these logs show is that hunters are the only pure DPS class that is suffering at the moment. lol
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
10/07/2012 07:44 PMPosted by Ragathaer

First two bosses have a lot of movement, affliction warlocks are great for that. Affliction is also good for multi-dotting.

Aff locks are no longer great for movement (not really ever been actually). For the 1337 dps you need to move as little as possible and channel malefic grasp and pray for lots of nightfall procs to keep haunt uptime as high as possible.

As for multi-dotting, sure it's good, but night quite as strong as people think it is or used to be. Two-target dotting is good because of the soulswap glyph but with how malefic grasp affects DoT damage you're still required to channel/focus on one target to maximize dps.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warrior
I'm perfectly under the assumption that really is the player, bad people will be bad dps, good players will be great dps.

It's not the players, it's the game design. The players in those raids are solid -- we are not talking about random 5-player heroic pugs here. Tanks are doing too much damage even among top raiding teams. I am a tank, and I enjoy doing a lot of damage, but certainly the dps should be beating me on the meter. That is a no-brainer, and no amount of fanboy apologies will change it.

This is one of at least two major problems that Blizz will hopefully address: too much tank damage and bottle-necking dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
10/07/2012 04:39 PMPosted by Gawain

That's the first thing I noticed.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Warrior
10/08/2012 09:09 AMPosted by Acair

Working as intended, stupidly enough.
Reply Quote
100 Goblin Warlock
10/07/2012 07:44 PMPosted by Ragathaer

Multidotting from affliction got gutted since Shadow Embrace essentially was replaced by MG. However, you get a ton of nightfall procs and with soulburn soulswap getting mutidots rolling is a lot easier. They lowered the any skill multidotting took and nerfed it, but single target focus during multidotting takes a lot more decision than previously.

It's not the players, it's the game design. The players in those raids are solid -- we are not talking about random 5-player heroic pugs here. Tanks are doing too much damage even among top raiding teams. I am a tank, and I enjoy doing a lot of damage, but certainly the dps should be beating me on the meter. That is a no-brainer, and no amount of fanboy apologies will change it.This is one of at least two major problems that Blizz will hopefully address: too much tank damage and bottle-necking dailies.

Blizzard's way of dealing with tank threat: Well we can increase threat from tank attacks... No we don't want tanking to be too easy..... INCREASE THE DAMAGE!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
10/08/2012 09:38 AMPosted by Quard

Working as intended, stupidly enough.

I'm surprised Blizz, using that same logic, didn't make it so healers could top charts too. Any heal(s) cast do equal damage to the mob as it heals the targeted player(s).
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
The high tank damage should not be a concern at this time.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6794209601?page=9#179
Reply Quote
100 Troll Mage
I'm surprised Blizz, using that same logic, didn't make it so healers could top charts too. Any heal(s) cast do equal damage to the mob as it heals the targeted player(s).

Thats not using the same logic, since that would actually make it so dps bring no benefit to the raid group. As it currently is once you bring the 1 or 2, maybe 3 tanks then while they may do more damage, any more brought in will do lesser amount then a dps easily because of vengeance.

Making it so any heal does equal damage would make it so people woud just bring healers and they would spam overheals.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
10/08/2012 09:58 AMPosted by Purebalance
Blizzard's way of dealing with tank threat

I was under the impression that was the 500% threat buff was for. (up from 300%)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]