Question about Heroic Dungeon Lockouts

90 Dwarf Hunter
Hello I have played this game for a very long time but I have a question and I cannot find a clear answer. There is one 5man Heroic Dungeon that drops all the loot I need so the first thing I do every day is que for it. After that I que random in hopes of getting back in there but I never do. There is a dice in the Dungeon Finder UI that lists all the dungeons I am qued for but there is a lock symbol next to the one I want the most.

Is it possible for me to randomly que into this dungeon, having already locked myself to it? Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/07/2012 05:29 PMPosted by Zaitsev
Is it possible for me to randomly que into this dungeon, having already locked myself to it? Thanks.

Yes. You just can't queue for it specifically or walk into the instance and run it on heroic again.
Reply Quote
I'm not sure if this works or is even possible, as I haven't tried it but maybe someone else knows....

What I do know is that before you Que up for a Random Battleground, you can choose 2 BG's that you do NOT want to be included in the Random Que. Basically you can Opt out of up to two different BG's so you will not get into those specific ones if you que for a random.

That said, I'm not sure if PVE Dungeons have a similar "Opt Out" system where you can choose certain instances that you DON'T want to get into when queuing up for a random. IF they do have something like this, you can increase your chances of getting the Instance you want (in a random queue) by opting out of as many as you can that you know you don't want to run.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
There's no opting out of Dungeons with the Dungeon Finder tool and LFD bypasses any lockout. If you haven't gotten it you've just been unlucky.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
10/08/2012 01:35 PMPosted by Baloo
That said, I'm not sure if PVE Dungeons have a similar "Opt Out" system where you can choose certain instances that you DON'T want to get into when queuing up for a random.

They do not. You either queue for specific dungeon(s), which locks you out of whichever one(s) you run, or random dungeons, which draws from the entire pool you're eligible for.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
There's a blue interview about this. I can't find the link, but the gist of it is that they prefer to fix any unpopular dungeons rather than letting people opt out. The battlegrounds are designed to be vastly different in terms of gameplay, size, and time required to complete, so it makes sense to allow players to opt out of a long battleground if they only have 30 minutes. The MoP dungeons, however, are designed to have roughly the same time requirement and difficulty, and always require a 5-man group, so opt out doesn't really fit there.
Reply Quote
Sweet, thanks for the clarification on that y'all! :-)
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Hey I needs help guys . so its my first time playing heroic dungeon and it says I'm que locked and I can't specifically choose it anymore. I try clicking on it but there a lock thing and I can't. Am I forever banned from playing the dungeon ???? Because I want to get a specific loot from it. Can I ever spesificly que for it again ? Is it temporary lock ?? Well my point is why? And can I aver que for it . PLS HaLP !
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
12/24/2015 07:48 AMPosted by Jaegerx
Hey I needs help guys . so its my first time playing heroic dungeon and it says I'm que locked and I can't specifically choose it anymore. I try clicking on it but there a lock thing and I can't. Am I forever banned from playing the dungeon ???? Because I want to get a specific loot from it. Can I ever spesificly que for it again ? Is it temporary lock ?? Well my point is why? And can I aver que for it . PLS HaLP !

Level 100 Heroic dungeons are on a daily lockout. You can only que for any specific one once a day. The lock will expire when the server resets the following day.

btw, this is a 3 year old thread. With a thread this old, it's better to start a new thread with your question because old ones like these may have inaccurate and out-dated information.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Thank you !!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]