Lv 55 Tanking?

86 Undead Rogue
How do you tank as a level 55 Death Knight? I don't see any skills that give threat.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
You don't. You have to do the starting area before you can even leave to do queues. This will take you to level 58-61(RAF). Look at the skills in that range.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
10/08/2012 04:15 AMPosted by Fallible
You don't. You have to do the starting area before you can even leave to do queues. This will take you to level 58-61(RAF). Look at the skills in that range.

this and blood presence says hi
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Obviously but I think the question that's half being asked >> so I'll fully ask it - How do you be a good tank @ 57-58 when you exit from Scarlet Enclave w' very little gold, rep or flying hours on that build?
You have pretty good gear although there will be a few better geared people at that level should you go directly to Ramparts or BGs. Perhaps you can maybe improve a piece or 2 in 'ellfire P. What you can't do is twink or even make much of an improvement before 61 or arguably 64. So seriously, how do you tank say UBRSp or MC - if that's what you want to do.
The cheap answer is that you don't... but here's the catch. Lots of L70+ or even L64 Blood tanks that aren't that good. They aren't that good because they don't get to hone & really bed in their basic skills before gearlust takes over. I'm not saying they should be changed dramatically. I am saying that bloodtanking role lacks opportunities to benefit from those 5-6 levels & that a bit of tweaking might reward generations of future tanks.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
10/08/2012 08:06 AMPosted by Tointend
How do you be a good tank @ 57-58 when you exit from Scarlet Enclave w' very little gold, rep or flying hours on that build?

This is why most BC dungeons are littered with wipes. Death Knoobs are notoriously common at that level range.

You get people trying to tank in Frost or Unholy, DPS in Blood... Ugh.

How hard is it to do even a LITTLE research before you run around thinking you're the damned Lich King himself?
Edited by Selsix on 10/8/2012 8:12 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
What the !@#$ are you talking about, im a %^-* player and I tanked out of the dk starting zone so easily. The gear you get is leaps and bounds above whats needed.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
10/08/2012 03:54 PMPosted by Denork
What the !@#$ are you talking about, im a %^-* player and I tanked out of the dk starting zone so easily. The gear you get is leaps and bounds above whats needed.

This. I was tanking TBC runs in under 15 minutes. Some retard dungeon with the dragons in the stalls that I don't remember the name of, I ran that in 8-minutes. I then proceeded to run it in 6 minutes with 4 DPS and I self healed while having the feral keep a heal on me every few mobs.

Tanking out of the starting zone is semi-difficult for people who don't have basic knowledge of the class. Once DKs get Death and Decay I find it tough for Blood to hold aggro through somebody elses D&D until you really get a true rotation.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Same I made this DK as an second tank for my guild to make a second 10 man for alts.

Tanking pretty much DnD , heart strike , death strike all the way to 85.

Diseases? if there's time.

Just put blood presence on and go when tank loot drops take it and replace what you have *only when its a CLEAR upgrade*

if you wanna be fancy make sure to have a deathgrip macro and a strangulate macro set to mouse over

read some basic tanking guide to familiarize yourself with concepts as you go.

DK tanking is so easy while leveling that any concern's you have should quickly drop away.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]