Mobs to hard at 88-90

100 Night Elf Druid
Was I the only one that found the mobs in Townlongge Steppes and Dread Wastes were extremely tough, at one point I had to whisper a blood DK on the same quests as me to help as the mobs were in large packs and I was just constantly dieing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
Yet to get to that gap, so far it seems pretty easy.

It must be like the Pandaren starter zone, there are some imps toward the end of the quest line that you have to kill. They are like murlocs on sterioids. As a monk at least, fighting off even a single one left you with 10% health because it's 3 on one, and killing the main one leaves the other 3 fighting you for a bit, and you get there at about level 8-9. they usually travel in packs of two and patrol in wide areas.

Monks have no long range pull at 8-9 or AoE, so yeah, did quite a bit of corps hopping for those charms going from 6v1 fight to 6v1 fight -_-.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Well not really. Only trouble I had were the mobs in dread wastes doing the quests for klaxxi. So many damn mobs in the heart of fear. Though having the dude drop from the sky and cleave my mobs to death every minute helped somewhat.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Im guessing its because the mobs are tuned somewhat to level 90 dailys and they want the daily quest mobs to still feel relevant further along in the expac.

I dunno...
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Not hard, but killing them took way too damn long. I shouldn't have to ramp up to 6 stacks of arcane charge, twice, just to kill 1 mob. Well, that's assuming no crits, and my spiffy alchemy trinket didn't proc.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I really didn't have too much trouble as a ret pali. I level 88 - 89 in townlong, and 89 - 90 in Dread. Sure enemies had much more health in those two zones, but I could still pull around 5 mobs at a time, with little to no problems.

10/08/2012 12:22 AMPosted by Brenda
Not too hard. About on par with what mobs/quests were like in early Vanilla, which is a refreshing change.

Pretty much this, they're not as hard as mobs in vanilla were, but it's a step in the right direction.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I R BLOOD DK I PULL 10 no 20 no 30 MOBS AT ONCE AND GO ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL.... you get the point.

Only hard thing I have seen is not knowing what some rare elites do.. then again I did die intentionally to a rare elite to kill 2 shamans came back tagged it and what not.

Well it started as NPC scan near niuzao the panda sitting on the cliff was tagged by a shaman already I got in hit it with an ability to get a priority 2nd on it not knowing that there was a 2nd shaman there. The first shaman died but the mob comes at me still greyed out. So I start killing while asking for an invite it gets to 1M hp left and I just fall over and die so I can kill the two shamans and claim the price for myself.

Who said you had to live to win!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I understand what you're saying, by the end of Towlong I had already dinged 90 (being a completionist wanting the quest achieves) and had a difficult time with the mobs towards the end. In fact I had such a hard time with some quests that I ended up partying with a random priest so we both wouldn't die every two minutes.
Reply Quote
The mobs were more difficult, and it took some planning. Honestly, I quite enjoyed the experience because it reminded me of my leveling 1-85 on this toon; this is my first toon so leveling was w/o BoA or gold :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
They take too long to kill.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I remember in Cataclysm that the mobs in Twilight Highlands hit me a lot harder than the previous zones. I guess it's just how Blizzard creates their final leveling zones. I personally enjoy the challenge, since it's the only bit of challenge you get during the entire leveling formality.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
10/08/2012 12:11 AMPosted by Nuclear
Was I the only one that found the mobs in Townlongge Steppes and Dread Wastes were extremely tough, at one point I had to whisper a blood DK on the same quests as me to help as the mobs were in large packs and I was just constantly dieing.

As a dps, none of the mobs were too hard. yeah, I couldn't just rush in, heedless of my surroundings and go crazy. Early in townlongge steps I had to ranged pull a mob to me, kill it. Range pull the next, kill it. You know, think a little bit about what I was doing.

As a healer - well I helped my wife level her healer. She kept saying the whole time she couldn't do it solo. For my own healer - i leveled my shaman as resto back before boa's even. I leveled him to 80 then to 85 as resto. He's elemental for leveling right now. Which really sucks for quest rewards.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
I levelled as frost, so it wasn't too terrible. All the mobs in Dread Wastes though are tuned to be part of level 90 daily quests, so they can take a bit to widdle down, I'd imagine if you didn't have decent self healing it'd be frustrating. I found myself popping my LB+DC macro often and making good use of Dark Succor.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter

As a SV hunter...i had no problems in killing the mobs in either place.
Reply Quote
Not too hard when following sort of rotation. . .

Frostfire Bolt -> Scorch/Fireball -> wait until Heating Up procs -> Frost Nova -> Deep Freeze -> Scorch + Inferno Blast -> Insta Pyro -> Frostbite -> Scorch -> Insta Pyro -> Repeat

I only stop to Evocate every couple of seconds.

I've killed all my rare mobs the exact same way, and alter my rotation for multiple enemies.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
frost nova and ring of frost pretty much solved any mob problems that i have had.

CC makes life easy

True dat!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
I leveled as disc --- I could tank up to 3-5 mobs with some kiting here and there and popping my cd's (mindbender for extra damage, PI for faster smites/holy fire).
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]