Mobs to hard at 88-90

85 Tauren Paladin
I was leveling with my husband's Druid as double Chickenmoose so I didn't really notice. Our heals more than took care of things. I liked that we had to be careful where we went and how much we pulled :)

♥ Aune
Reply Quote
100 Worgen Rogue
As a rogue I've only had to skip one quest line near Niuzao Temple. The Father's Crossbow quest as a rogue made me give up after sapping then trying to burn the main guy, sapping then trying to burn the helpers (only to have them respawn when the main guy was out of combat), then just moving on after so many deaths trying. Then I go and watch my cousin hit that quest and burn them all down without a sweat a a Ret pally.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest
I leveled as disc, and while I wasn't really at risk of dying, they certainly took a while to kill. I usually only took 2-3 at a time, though, depending on the mob of course.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
10/08/2012 08:28 AMPosted by Katinna
As a rogue I've only had to skip one quest line near Niuzao Temple. The Father's Crossbow quest as a rogue made me give up after sapping then trying to burn the main guy, sapping then trying to burn the helpers (only to have them respawn when the main guy was out of combat), then just moving on after so many deaths trying. Then I go and watch my cousin hit that quest and burn them all down without a sweat a a Ret pally.

Same as arms. I finally got a healer to help me. 2 heals and it was easy. No heals and I had no chance. Kind of an odd balance. But it was different and that quest did stand out as a challenge for me.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
10/08/2012 08:28 AMPosted by Mescyn
I leveled as disc, and while I wasn't really at risk of dying, they certainly took a while to kill. I usually only took 2-3 at a time, though, depending on the mob of course.

Slightly OT but... did you find leveling as disc viable? I really don't care for Shadow :x

♥ Del
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Tough yes, but not too tough. I kind of like it really as it becomes boring otherwise. I actually have to CC and pick my fights a little more intelligently. I have died more in the last week than I did ever during Cata, but I've also learned how to survive a little better as a result.

I enjoy the pace as well, but I guess thats just me.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I didn't have a problem, really, beyond the "Holy crap, these guys take forever to kill." But, I've been playing a hunter for a long time so there's a lot of trapping and silencing and Misdirecting to my pet.

There were some times where I had to run away, but only one or two deaths from overpulling.

Now, those damn birds in the Valley of Four Winds when I afk on a roof or in the air? They can go die in a fire!
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
10/08/2012 12:11 AMPosted by Nuclear
Was I the only one that found the mobs in Townlongge Steppes and Dread Wastes were extremely tough

i know, isn't it awesome! finally i won't fall asleep while leveling because it's no longer boring, there is some danger now!
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
They are definitely harder than people are used to from Wrath and Cataclysm questing zones. I'd assume anyone who hasn't played vanilla or BC or some other game where you kited mobs in questing zones would find them too hard.

I'm fine if Blizzard wants to make them easier, but I'm also fine if they're left a bit harder if Blizzard wants people to learn to kite/CC/whatever.
Edited by Analt on 10/8/2012 8:37 AM PDT
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest

Slightly OT but... did you find leveling as disc viable? I really don't care for Shadow :x

♥ Del

It was mostly fine. If you don't go crazy with your pulls, self healing equalizes incoming damage. Like I said, in the last zone stuff took a long time to kill, which was fine, but slowed leveling down quite a bit.

I got decent use out of both void tendrils and mindbender. Large scale aoe is not really disc's strong point, though. Multidot or mindsear. It's okay, but not great (I didn't try glyphing holy nova -- it didn't really come up enough to worry about).
Edited by Mescyn on 10/8/2012 8:39 AM PDT
Reply Quote
5 Gnome Mage
Dread wastes, with the help of the klaxxi augmentations and stuff, I was already aoe farming mobs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
I thought they hit too hard. I don't mind so much the packs on some classes, but I don't think I even want to bother with it on others. Even killing them for dailies is just long drawn out.

I'm thinking about taking a long break. Wait until they add tomes of flying for alt characters. The high health, hard hitting mobs and long rep grinds are taking a toll on me. Break sounds nice, cause I get a headache, and get angry, and then my eyes go, and I can't see to play anyway. It's irritating I can't help it, I just get angry. I'm okay okay okay, and then suddenly respawns, freaking pat. No more of it I'm takin' a break after I get the cloud serpent.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
10/08/2012 08:37 AMPosted by Mescyn

♥ Del

It was mostly fine. If you don't go crazy with your pulls, self healing equalizes incoming damage. Like I said, in the last zone stuff took a long time to kill, which was fine, but slowed leveling down quite a bit.

I got decent use out of both void tendrils and mindbender. Large scale aoe is not really disc's strong point, though. Multidot or mindsear. It's okay, but not great (I didn't try glyphing holy nova -- it didn't really come up enough to worry about).

Thank you! I leveled 1-80 and 80-85 as Disc and only ever picked up Shadow for dailies.

♥ Del
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
85-90 smooth sailing for BM hunter.
Not so much for a priest...
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
It was very difficult for me at times, but I painfully got through it and now I'm proud to say I did.

My husband got to hear me complain a lot though lol. But you know, even though he could come and help me, I didn't want him to. He leveled a blood DK first (for some reason that character is his favorite!) and whenever he would come and assist me, he'd just barrel in there and kill everything. It was too fast for me. On the one hand, I was relieved to get through it... but on the other, I felt a bit cheated.

So after the first time he helped me (it was with the Nesingwary stuff when I was constantly being killed by all of those mobs) I didn't ask him to help again.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
I just stepped into Townlong Steppes last night and I was thinking the same thing, BUT.. I'm love'n it! Love the extra challenge and having to use more survivability skills..

As a Feral/dps, pre-mop, I almost never used barkskin in pve.. never! I'm using it more frequently along with Renewal and Rejuv from time to time to keep me from dieing w/ harder mobs or packs..

The only prob I had yesterday, was when I blew something up and suddenly saw 4 or 5 mobs rushing me. I thought running was a better option.. unfortunately, I ran in the wrong direction deeper into the camp. I actually survived longer than I thought as I grabbed more and more mobs (maybe a dozen or more chasing me...) spamming rejuv.. until I ran out of mana of course.

LOL! good times, good memories being made :D
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest

Thank you! I leveled 1-80 and 80-85 as Disc and only ever picked up Shadow for dailies.

Disc also feels better for dailies than it did in cata (specifically: the TB dailies weren't great as disc in cata).
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
And wanted to add, don't be afraid to use whatever CC you have. There were plenty of times I'd be fighting one mob, and another would run up to me only to promptly be turned into a sheep until I could deal with it. Also, notice if there is any warnings given before a heavy attack... target circle on you, cloud of dust, etc... that might tip you off to move from where you're standing. The mobs are difficult, I think in part, to teach us mechanics we may use in a raid situation.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Mobs that can actually hurt you, thats a good thing.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Get better.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]