"Dead" Realms

90 Blood Elf Paladin
So Im noticing that my server is pretty much dead. What was once a highly populated and active environment as fallen by the way side and become a vacant and inactive population of players. Im sure that Tortheldrin cant be the only server that has this going on. I realize that Blizzard has their hands full with recent hacking activity, all the bugs and problems that keep popping up whenever a new expansion is released, working on new content, and dealing with character transfers for hi population servers where people are having a hard time getting into the game at all, but cant something be done. I say lets converge some of these low pop servers and close down the extras. Or perhaps give a special sometime where a person can transfer all characters on a server elsewhere for a flat rate and not $25 a toon. Anyone else out there tired of playing with no one else on?
Reply Quote
46 Undead Warlock
Actually, I think you make a great suggestion: a flat-rate to move all characters of an account from one realm to another. I could see a lot of people really liking that, if the price was right.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I moved 2 of my main characters from Nordassil to Kil'Jaeden. Love it. Nord is so dead it's depressing.
Reply Quote
46 Undead Warlock
Why don't you reroll on a medium population server as to avoid queue times yet not have problems accessing necessary items on the auction house?

You don't need to go from 1 extreme to the other.

While I agree with you, and I've done just that over the years (because I like starting "fresh" anyway), some people have stuck to just one realm for a long, long time and they have built a lot of memories on their characters. So, I can understand why some people may really want a new realm, but can't bear the thought of letting go of their old character roster.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Hoping to avoid rerolling and leveling all other again. I have played since Vanilla and as a result have a lot of characters that are 85+ at this point that I love playing. Would suck to have to start leveling all over again just because Im on a server that has little activity on it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Proof that you played in Vanilla? Screenshots and all?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Lol dont care if you believe that I played in Vanilla or not. Just pointing out that I love my characters and dont want to give them up.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
Good make a level 90 alliance toon on that dead server add me to btag, so I can finally kill Galleon before the horde get him!
Reply Quote
5 Gnome Mage
I've never really found 25-55 dollars to be a problem when I consider what i'm getting. If i'll be playing this game most of my hours a day, i'd rather it be on a server where a lot of stuff is happening than on a server where nothing is happening and "wasting my time."

I've faction changed probably about 6 characters, and server xfered 2 /w a faction change. Having my pvp toons ally on Kel Thuzad was probably one of my best ideas, and I couldn't be happier with the choice.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/08/2012 08:12 AMPosted by Sophex
I've never really found 25-55 dollars to be a problem when I consider what i'm getting. If i'll be playing this game most of my hours a day, i'd rather it be on a server where a lot of stuff is happening than on a server where nothing is happening and "wasting my time."

I suppose you are correct. I certainly do feel like I am wasting my time with this server. Was just hoping to not spend the $150 it would cost me to transfer all my high level toons to another server. guess I will just have to settle for a transfering a couple.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
According to Blizzard, CRZ has fixed your problem .. maybe you didn't get the memo.

So it's your imagination, zones are full with players all the time.

No, really they are, Blizzard say so, so it must be true.

Yea CRZ fixes lack of server progression and having no one on in your guild, I'm sure of it.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
10/08/2012 08:02 AMPosted by Butterednuts
I moved 2 of my main characters from Nordassil to Kil'Jaeden. Love it. Nord is so dead it's depressing.

/derail
My apologies but the concept of an undead finding ANYTHING depressing got me giggling. TY I really needed that.
/end derail
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
10/08/2012 07:52 AMPosted by Unvirtuous
So Im noticing that my server is pretty much dead. What was once a highly populated and active environment as fallen by the way side and become a vacant and inactive population of players. Im sure that Tortheldrin cant be the only server that has this going on. I realize that Blizzard has their hands full with recent hacking activity, all the bugs and problems that keep popping up whenever a new expansion is released, working on new content, and dealing with character transfers for hi population servers where people are having a hard time getting into the game at all, but cant something be done. I say lets converge some of these low pop servers and close down the extras. Or perhaps give a special sometime where a person can transfer all characters on a server elsewhere for a flat rate and not $25 a toon. Anyone else out there tired of playing with no one else on?

There's a reason why my guild and I left Torhelldrin
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
10/08/2012 08:35 AMPosted by Unvirtuous

I suppose you are correct. I certainly do feel like I am wasting my time with this server. Was just hoping to not spend the $150 it would cost me to transfer all my high level toons to another server. guess I will just have to settle for a transfering a couple.

IMHO just send 1 toon before the others just to scope out the new realm / community
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]