Mistake

86 Human Hunter
Hello everyone. I'm sure you've seen hundreds of posts on this, but I really want to level my hunter to 90 and main it for pve and pvp alike, but am skeptical. Is our pve dps really as bad as everyone claims? Also, is there likely going to be a nerf bat for us that kills our dps even more? I hear BM is very OP at the moment, but pve wise, as that is my primary focus, are we that bad, or is it more of a L2P kind of thing? Many thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Its a fact. We have the lowest sustained dps. Our burst only seems high in pvp, due to stampede and being able to reset our cds on lynx strike / BW. PVE wise our burst is laughable when compared to a lock or mage.

We can still solo very well, so if you like soloing or killing rares without help hunters are your thing.
Reply Quote
86 Human Hunter
10/08/2012 04:36 PMPosted by Fiddlery
We have the lowest sustained dps.

That bad huh? Damn. I was really wanting to level this toon up, but if I'll be useless in pve, I'll have to switch to something else I suppose.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
10/08/2012 04:44 PMPosted by Demonborn
We have the lowest sustained dps.

That bad huh? Damn. I was really wanting to level this toon up, but if I'll be useless in pve, I'll have to switch to something else I suppose.

You can tank like a boss though. The AOE dmg reduction for pets make tenacity pets quite good for tanking.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Nope, our dps is perfectly fine. I was surprised to see Fiddlery's complaints since I feel mine isn't giving any problems (top 3 dps on most fights) so I went and checked out some logs and rankings and we're doing pretty well, top dps class on some fights, high on others, middle on Stone Guard, not sure what the problem there is except possibly less cleave damage than other classes, I know our rogue used combat for that fight and pulled crazy numbers with blade flurry.

Fiddlery, perhaps you might want to look into expertise as a solution if you're seeing low dps, I noticed you have basically...none. It's as important as hit to us now.

Also, remember that hunters are pretty heavily gear dependent. Naked hunter with a bow vs naked caster with a staff is going to look ugly (unless they're female blood elves...) but pop them both in raid gear and it's a lot better (again unless they're female blood elves, then just leave them naked please).
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
Play a class b/c you like it. I have played this hunter when we are op and when we are nerfed, never had a problem getting a raid spot.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
I agree almost wiht everthing Katzbalger said, our DPS isn't that bad but is far away from what we were before, it's a fact.

I don't feel strange when this happens because in each expansion is the same, we got nerfed and them, little by little, we got buffed till we are equal to other pure DPS class, like mages, rogues and etc...

Of course you need to make things right, 7,5% on hit and expertise and reforge your gear for better DPS.

Nowadays there is fights I can top DPS (I thought that was strange Katzbalger saiyng the he was top 3 dps in every group, well... there is just 3 dps in dungeons so... well.. just trolling a little) and there is fights that I'm not that good, normal, because some fights are better for some kind of class/dps.

Don't fear to level your hunter, it's funny, easy and you can easilly complete every quest or kill almost every rare that you find without any help. Nice class to make every quest and to learn the history and lore.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Hunter
He says that because he is currently raiding the first tier of this expansion, which would mean more than 3 DPS - he isn't trolling :)

I agree with Wintersgrace, play what makes you happy - you should definitely not rely on the forums for that!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Lol@Raiding
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Nope, our dps is perfectly fine. I was surprised to see Fiddlery's complaints since I feel mine isn't giving any problems (top 3 dps on most fights) so I went and checked out some logs and rankings and we're doing pretty well, top dps class on some fights, high on others, middle on Stone Guard, not sure what the problem there is except possibly less cleave damage than other classes, I know our rogue used combat for that fight and pulled crazy numbers with blade flurry.

Fiddlery, perhaps you might want to look into expertise as a solution if you're seeing low dps, I noticed you have basically...none. It's as important as hit to us now.

Also, remember that hunters are pretty heavily gear dependent. Naked hunter with a bow vs naked caster with a staff is going to look ugly (unless they're female blood elves...) but pop them both in raid gear and it's a lot better (again unless they're female blood elves, then just leave them naked please).

If by perfectly fine you mean lower than every other class than I can see your point. If you're content with beating poorly geared or newer players dps then thats fine. But an equally geared lock/mage/warrior with the same skill will destroy your hunter dps. Its a fact.

I on other hand am just doing dailies / rep grind now on my hunter as I level a DK and lock. Thats why my expertise and hit are so low, it'd be foolish to cap it. I'll wait this out or start doing pvp as a hunter.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
Just ran a LFR and one Hunter was leading in DPS (Burst'd about 90k and then sustained around 55k), and another that was about 3-4 ranks below; I, on the other hand, was faaaaaar below. I think we have the potential, but I have seen where.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]