PvP - We are ignored by developers because...

85 Tauren Shaman
Here are possible and factual reasons. Joke reasons are welcome as well. They might even be true to some measure...

1 - We're the least played class in every census I've ever seen. We have little pressure power and depend on devs common sense to thrive. Well...

2 - They just don't care 1. They find the class to be a relic of the past and it's always at their bottom priorities because it's no longer how they think the game should be played.

3 - They favoured the Alliance since the beginning. So, when shamans and paladins ceased to be exclusive, they just let the class more common on the Horde sink while paladins, who were always easier to play, remained on the top in one way or another since then.

4 - They have a godlike tester who somehow doesn't get CC trained and pawns everybody, and think every shaman should play like them. (This is based on an actual Blizzard statement that "classes like shamans and hunters need to be carefully balanced so as to not transform those who can explore all their possibilities into gods".)

5 - They just hate it for some personal grudge or just plain lack of good taste. No developer plays it and they have new inside jokes about us every season.

6 - They just don't care 2. They roll the dice every season to decide who's gonna be on top with the pallies. Our luck is just... hexed.

7 - Any ideas?
Edited by Uuna on 10/8/2012 11:32 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
How long have you been playing shaman, you don't look like a player who has put a lot of time into that character, I don't see how you possibly feel ignored by developers.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
0/10
Reply Quote
100 Orc Shaman
Bus shock.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
The only time we REALLY got ignored was in vanilla
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
10/08/2012 10:40 PMPosted by Dran

Still ignored, this time on a larger scale.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
10/08/2012 09:32 PMPosted by Kymeisucks
How long have you been playing shaman, you don't look like a player who has put a lot of time into that character, I don't see how you possibly feel ignored by developers.

I haven't put any time at all in getting achievements or professions, that's for sure. I pretty much just pvp in this character and, since I started playing in late WotLK (for BC and Vanilla info unfortunately I had to rely on others), yes, it's been very well played, thanks. :)

Maybe I should have been more specific and say I was talking about pvp, but it can always be hotfixed.

I feel ignored by developers by... well... you all know the Elementals' usual complaints about pvp crappiness and I'm not gonna repeat them here. Enhancements had their moments. Restos' output drops more than almost everybody else's when attacked and the lack of powerful non CD instant healing is a serious quick response and anti-CC disadvantage.

I'm even more positive about it than most, having kind of found my niche in this last year, but pvp is still a problematic area for our specs, and close to nothing has been done in over 2,5 years (nor in anything people have told me about BC) to address it. Hope it's more clear now.
Edited by Uuna on 10/9/2012 7:50 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
10/08/2012 10:40 PMPosted by Dran

Still ignored, this time on a larger scale.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Enhanc Shamans are always crap at PvP (high end)

I love the spec and class, I've playing it since WotLK and never specced Resto or Ele

It can be fun, like at the beginning of Cata PvP, but got meh after the new gear came out because of scaling problems, as usuall.

We depend too much of procs and crits that we have no control.
We are the "squishiest" melee in the game, period
Our defensive CD's are ridiculous
Our self healing right now is lower than all other melees but rogue (maybe)
Our unique burst has a 5min CD

I love this class, I'll always play it, but really, Enhanc REALY NEED some love, its freaking annoying to be the weakest melee class in the game expansion after expansion.

And the "shamans are too unique because they are hybrids and need to pay for it" I don't buy anymore, Pallies are also hybrids and they are really good right now at PvP.

GIVE US SOME LOVE!

</3
Edited by Fastwind on 10/9/2012 12:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
just give enh the passive 15% run speed that we enjoyed during cata. Enhance has to be crafty and very aware of the area in order to pvp. giving us a passive mobility (yes bake in reduced snare to ghost wolf, if anything to enh only as well) so we can either get away or to our targets.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
7. Blizzard use a Random Number Generator with a range of 1 to 11 to decide which class to focus on polishing.

8. The team responsible for Shaman class development ran out of ideas quite a while ago.

9. Thrall, one of the games most famous and inspirational Shaman, isnt around as much anymore.

10. This is all in your mind and Shaman are one of the most obscenely OP classes in the game.

11. It is very hard to balance 33 different "unique" play styles in one game.

12. Totems and other Shaman mechanics derive from very technically complex coding requiring Genius Level programmers.

13. (An old favourite some silly players still cling to) The Bus Shock incident caused everyone at Blizzard to perma-ignore Shaman.

14. (The above usually coupled with) Blizzard hate Shaman and everyone who plays one.

15. The next expansion will be called "The Rise of the Shaman" and this is all just a misleading prelude.

16. You slept with the Lead Class Designers' wife and this is how he is getting back at you.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
10. This is all in your mind and Shaman are one of the most obscenely OP classes in the game.

12. Totems and other Shaman mechanics derive from very technically complex coding requiring Genius Level programmers.

15. The next expansion will be called "The Rise of the Shaman" and this is all just a misleading prelude.

Lol... just... lol.

I miss my ghost wolf juggernautness, too. If anything, it was one of our best survivability factors in large brawls (and I've always played Ele...). Being able to insta water walk is pretty neat and has served me well in a lot of occasions, but I'd still trade it to get the slow effect and roots reduction back. :(

Oh! And we have a totem! Limited, on a large cooldown AND on the same tier as the rooting one. Thanks, Blizz...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
their 'shaman CM' doesn't play shaman.

only time he played shaman was season 7~8, and only time elem sham was actually top tier good was season 8.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
their 'shaman CM' doesn't play shaman. only time he played shaman was season 7~8, and only time elem sham was actually top tier good was season 8.

If this is reliable information, I'd guessed as much, knowing how these things work. They just don't know how to balance the class, so they perma-nerfed it to avoid complaints. The reason why they endure complaints about other classes is simply... well... because they enjoy playing the other classes. If this is true, it's sad and unprofessional. :(
Edited by Uuna on 10/9/2012 10:31 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
To anyone who doesn't believe that they just forgot us:

As Enhanc we have NO OTHER OPTION besides doing Heroics to get weapons.

Yes, that's right! Blacksmith can craft many 450+ weapons now, but NONE for Enhanc Shamans.
There is no Fist from JC so far either

Now, if you are a PvP oriented player like me, you are screwed, you are forced to do heroic dungeons over and over and get luck TWICE!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
To anyone who doesn't believe that they just forgot us:

As Enhanc we have NO OTHER OPTION besides doing Heroics to get weapons.

Yes, that's right! Blacksmith can craft many 450+ weapons now, but NONE for Enhanc Shamans.
There is no Fist from JC so far either

Now, if you are a PvP oriented player like me, you are screwed, you are forced to do heroic dungeons over and over and get luck TWICE!

Pretty messed up, I know. I'm not looking forward to it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
10/09/2012 10:30 AMPosted by Uuna
their 'shaman CM' doesn't play shaman. only time he played shaman was season 7~8, and only time elem sham was actually top tier good was season 8.

If this is reliable information, I'd guessed as much, knowing how these things work. They just don't know how to balance the class, so they perma-nerfed it to avoid complaints. The reason why they endure complaints about other classes is simply... well... because they enjoy playing the other classes. If this is true, it's sad and unprofessional. :(

check back to blue post archive or something @ season 7~ish in wotlk.

They actually said because they do not have anyone playing shaman @ dev team, they didn't realize how !@#$ty shaman was. (their supposedly 'shaman CM' was playing paladin from what I can recall)

After gigantic overhaul, shamans became viable @ the end of wotlk. Actually, shamans triumped over area with hauling meatballs that chunks away half of their hp. (sadly I was playing druid and hunter only to get globalled by hauling meatballs)

Then cataclysm came...........

Resto sham was THE BEST spec for pvp heailng...but there wasn't much of love for elem sham. As a matter of fact, despite being one of four 'gimped class'(hunter, retardin, elem sham, disc priest) @ the launch of cataclysm, elem sham was the ONLY class that didn't get buffed on 4.1 patch. Rather, due to the nerfs targeted on resto sham (tremor totem, grounding totem, blood lust, purge etc), elemental sham got NERFED.

I was expecting SOME buff coming mop..but nope..
Reply Quote
Shaman is just one of those classes where you either go Resto for PvP or reroll, period. The upside is that Resto is really strong right now... the downside, of course, is that if you want to be a damage dealer... going to have to roll another char. TBH Enh, Rogues, Ferals and Monks are pretty craptastic right now. Only Warriors, DKs and BM Hunter pets (lol b/c it's true) are doing well as far as melee goes....
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
7- It is impossible to have optimal balance for PVP in a PVE game unless you actually had designed the game to have both from the ground up.

In simple terms, lots of CC and lots of burst is a very good thing in PVE as sometimes one needs CC and others the !@#$ has just got to die now. That usually translates poorly to PVP because well unlike the trash in a raid the typical player does not have 7m HP.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Shaman
Resto sham was THE BEST spec for pvp healing...but there wasn't much of love for elem sham.

I wasn't fully geared at the time, but I've always thought our "interruptibleness" and lack of instant reaction were a liability in PvP. I've never felt as confident about my survivability as I feel as a hunter or druid, so I just don't venture in arenas.

My experience in BGs is that, like resto druids, when they see I'm there, I become the PvP tank. With the difference that, unlike with resto druids, they actually expect to kill me fast and get surprised by how long it takes for me to drop. Or got. That was before the world of CCcraft.

About love for Ele... Even in PvE our rotation was so complex and inefficient that in equal gear we just couldn't compete in damage. I've always loved our utilities, but they seem to think the seasoning makes up for a bad meat...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]