2) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2593006561

3) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3082213575

4) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3530353936

5) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4015164129

6) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4254456843

7) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/4887629101

8) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5870797185

9) http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6202181753

Ill start this new one here i have a few stories but just the most recent I've been spam running heroics for the past couple days pumping coffee and redbull into my veins to gear myself for raids well during this spam running of course you come across those very very special people we all know and love "I am the Uber tank dont worry about it ill pull all the things!" this was in the Shado-pan dungeon after the 2nd boss with all the mini Sha's he proceeds to pull all 3 grps and those things do insane damage the tank gos down in a matter of 10 seconds so me being the "NOOOO I WONT LET YOU DIE" healer pop every CD i can Ascendance earth ele etc etc i even lusted. when the dust cleared myself and the monk dps where the only ones alive
Tank- "why couldn't you keep me alive like the monk?"
Me- "........ i hope you die in a fire"
90 Draenei Priest
Ran so many dungeons last night I can't remember where I was exactly, but basically the group pulled a giant mess, dropped me to 9% mp healing through it. I thought my mana after such a long, big pull was obvious but I said "drinking" and plopped down. The pally tank continued down the hall to pull, and being completely tired of wasting water/food mid drink I just stayed put and watched everyone drop, picked up my skirts when the trash came looking for me and ran out of the instance.

"Did you not see I was at 9% mp?"

Tank: No I saw you at full, must have been bugged.

Siiigh. I suppose that's possible but I have a feeling he saw me at full after he was half dead pulling way down the hall from me because I was almost done drinking.
Edited by Ocyla on 10/9/2012 2:00 PM PDT
90 Troll Mage
10/09/2012 10:42 AMPosted by Ocyla
Tank: No I saw you at full, must have been bugged.

Actually I was doing a heroic 2 days ago and I kept looking at the healers mana and they were at like 25k. About 30 seconds go by and I notice his mana is still at 25k and so I ask him if he needs some food, he says no. I then click on him to see if he was drinking and he was at max, while my default UI said he had 25k mana.

So it could very well be a bug.
90 Troll Mage

Actually I was doing a heroic 2 days ago and I kept looking at the healers mana and they were at like 25k. About 30 seconds go by and I notice his mana is still at 25k and so I ask him if he needs some food, he says no. I then click on him to see if he was drinking and he was at max, while my default UI said he had 25k mana.

So it could very well be a bug.

If a healer says "drinking" or "mana" or they're a disc priest, then it's on the tank to stop pulling regardless of what the mana bar says and let them get mana.

No one said otherwise? I made no mention of pulling or tanks or anything. Just that the tank may of been right from the other persons group. If a healer is a max mana and says drinking a person doens't need to stop since they are at max mana.

Edit: And the only reason I went to show an example of the tank maybe being right, is that the person above me said that they think the tank was lying
Edited by Hiroran on 10/9/2012 11:59 AM PDT
90 Pandaren Priest
Ported into the end of Shado-Pan, the party obviously just got back from a wipe.

ME: Hi all

DPS: I hope you don’t have the same attitude issues like the other healers

Me: errr I just said hi

DPS: Not that, healers just don’t know how to listen

DPS: I am in charge so we are doing this my way, clear.

Me: How many healers did you go through? Wait, I know, one more.

It was late and I should have gone to bed already any way.
90 Tauren Paladin
So I was healing Shado-Pan Monastery, all was going good we got up to the Sha boss when the Warlock linked an achievement..
Both myself (The Healer) and the Tank (my Guild Leader) were perplexed when suddenly the warlock inadvertently began the boss fight

Damage was flying everywhere and my mana was dipping fast I was popping Cool Downs after each one had finished to keep everyone up but lo and behold my mana runs dry as a well in the Tanarris desert..

A Zen like calm overtakes me as I begin healing on 0% mana triaging like a boss
The boss dies and to everyone's surprise not a single person was dead and we got an achievement out of it.

So yeah.. the next time a DPS links an achieve it be nice if they said: "Can we attempt this?" XD
90 Blood Elf Priest
Recent Scarlet heroic. "I am going to try this in Ret." Oh boy...

I mostly stick to guild group but I keep venturing out into LFG for some masochistic reason. I will say it sometimes forces me to the edge of my abilities which is good... I think... :^)
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I really hope monk tanks in pandaland don't end up like dks in wrath. The whole "good if they're good but frighteningly bad when they're bad" has run it's course. Just give me a nice warrior/bear/paladin who even if they're dumber than my pet rock can avoid stressing me out kkthx.
90 Draenei Priest
10/09/2012 11:58 AMPosted by Hiroran
Edit: And the only reason I went to show an example of the tank maybe being right, is that the person above me said that they think the tank was lying

I didn't necessary think they were outright lying, I had a feeling it was perhaps bugged OR they saw mine nearly full after my drinking was completed.

But sometimes I get a little tired of all the "I was laggin!" excuses for everything. I didn't throw a fit or anything, just said I was OOM when they were pulling stuff.
90 Pandaren Monk
Have had a string of not so pleasant groups since entering cataland on this new monk.

Throne of the Tides, everything is going quite well up until the first boss, no deaths, I don't think anyone had even dropped below 90% hp. Suddenly after the first group of adds on Lady N a dps drops, then 10 seconds later the tank drops. Wipe.

BRC, The usual people eating skullcrusher on the first boss, adds evolving on the second boss, not a problem. Then we get to Beauty and the tank pulls all three dogs and beauty at the same time...err. I heal hard and it's only a partial wipe after the tank goes down 100% to 0% during an aoe fear.

Another BRC, Tank pulls multiple groups of the guys on the way to Beauty. Then backs into the 2 elemental patrol who throw down meteor. People start scattering and it ends up in a wipe as people get one shot by meteors. Then amazingly, we come back and he does the exact same thing on the pull towards the last boss. Another wipe. I'm just like, really?

Now I just finished a VP that we completely four manned. DK zones in and announces he's "lagging" So he just trucks on instead of leaving, obviously. Dies to the first boss since he's well out of range. I very nicely (considering he's done nothing the entire time) run back to rez him. He just stands there as we all tornado portal. He never gets to us. He falls off over and over despite us telling him exactly what to do. Eventually he starts asking for a summons and while I was typing out you can't he gets vote kicked. Replace him with another dk who zones in just before the bouncy orbs before Altarius. He stands there until we're up to the second boss so we just pull. He dies and runs back. Aparrently this DK, and I had to double check to be sure it wasn't the same one, also can't figure out how to use portals. Eventually we vote kicked him during the last boss just to ostensibly save him a repair bill.
90 Night Elf Druid
Once , The DK tank was wearing a mail set . This was pointed out to him
and he proudly said being a LW he had made it himself .
90 Pandaren Shaman
I'll start this new one here. I have a few stories, but just the most recent: I've been spam running heroics for the past couple days, pumping coffee and redbull into my veins to gear myself for raids. Well, during this spam running, of course you come across those very very special people we all know and love. "I am the Uber tank! Don't worry about it. I'll pull all the things!" This was in the Shado-pan dungeon after the 2nd boss with all the mini Shas. He proceeds to pull all 3 grps and those things do insane damage! The tank goes down in a matter of 10 seconds, so me being the "NOOOO I WON'T LET YOU DIE" healer, I pop every CD I can: Ascendance, earth ele, etc, etc. I even lusted. When the dust cleared, myself and the monk dps were the only ones alive.
Tank- "Why couldn't you keep me alive like the monk?"
Me- "........ i hope you die in a fire"

Epic run-on sentences like this make baby pandas cry :( I had to fix it, it was just painful to read. Sorry!
Yeah, so we're right back to PvP geared tanks already in this expansion. If they know what they're doing, its alright at best. This one didn't know anything.

Zoned into Scarlet Monastary, second to last boss, Brother-Something-or-Other. As I zone in and buff up, the tank (blood DK) is raging at the DPS:

"I'm in full PvP gear and pulling more DPS than all of you!"

I start thinking to myself, "Wow, this will be interesting." Didn't necessarily have time to finish that thought before he pulled half the courtyard including the boss. He goes from full health to 10% within seconds. And less than half of what he pulled actually stay aggroed to him.

I popped (in order, and with LB already rolling): Rejuvenation, Regrowth, Swiftmend, Cenarion Ward, Healing Touch, Ironbark, HT, HT, Regrowth, HT, Wild Growth, Regrowth, HT, Tranquility, Rejuvenation, Incarnation, Innervate, Regrowth, Alchemist's Rejuv potion, Swiftmend... It goes on from there. My mana I am fairly sure dropped faster than his health, and that's saying something.

We survived. Somehow. I was less than 15% mana left at the end of it. Before I am even out of combat, and likewise able to drink, he runs into the chapel and pulls the entire room there too. With that, we wipe.

I in party chat chime in, "Okay then. You do realize that in PvP gear, even if you're doing more DPS, you are actually squishier, and probably shouldn't pull entire rooms of things?"

Crickets. Crickets are all that responded. We all run back in, and as we regroup, rebuff and drink/eat/bandage ourselves, he pull the entire group in the chapel again, and brings them out to where we are in the courtyard, wiping us again.

/drop group
85 Pandaren Monk
Silence is really the worst thing ever. Silence when telling ret dps pallies to turn off RF...and when telling your tank pally that he is in holy gear.

I know that the difference between tank hp and everyone else's is less noticeable in earlier levels....but in wrath content I am pretty sure that the tank should have noticeably more HP than I do, no? Only two of the tanks I had today had more than 1k more hp than I did, the rest had the same or very slightly less....

I'm not sure if I should be happy that I could heal them no issues or sad about the problems that probably means down the road...both for them as tanks and for whomever has to heal them.
85 Pandaren Monk
Did the first two MoP dungeons on my druid today, and after everything I have read about the next batch of dungeons at 87 is true, I am not gonna do em till I have more spirit T_T. I didn't oom on Jade but I got low, and I only oomed on SSB at the very end of the last boss, which is after a long encounter chain anyways so I kind of expected it. No deaths though! Yay! I think I am more excited to be farming honestly.

And I always forget how easy wrath dungeons are >.> So boring! DX
10/09/2012 12:17 PMPosted by Sassinak
Ported into the end of Shado-Pan

I've many stories that start excatly like that...
90 Pandaren Monk
So I queue for a random because I needed a break from questing. Shadow-Pan Monastery of course, just starting the trash to the Sha of Violence by the looks of it. Trash goes actually fine, or as well as that trash can go shall we say. Sha of Violence goes fine. Trash going to the last boss goes mostly fine. But as we get to the last group I sit to drink, tank sits next to me in a show of solidarity and the mage drops group. Tank pulls the trash, we manage to down it but it's a little hairy as we get a replacement who for whatever reason always gets ported back thousands of yards.

Tank gets impatient and pulls the last boss before the fifth member is there and we just slowly wipe, the gripping hatreds just start piling up and the tank tries to kite the boss into never never land but the range is so long it's pointless. Busting out a paltry 22k hps we still go down with the boss at 40%. 3 of the 5 people drop. Only one who stays is a ret paladin doing 7k dps.

Replacements come including a 90 brewmaster, another 88 ret paladin and an 87 shadow priest. This is where I should have started drinking though I didn't know it yet. First attempt I notice nobody seems to be killing the gripping hatreds and after we get about 7 of them up I just stop healing so we can wipe it up (the boss is still at like 80% heatlh lol). The top dps was a paladin at 9k, yes 9k at this level. I confirm that people know they should be killing the orbs as they spawn asap. Come back for attempt 2. This might have been the single most frustrating pull of my life. Top dps ended up being the tank at 7.5k dps. The fight which was a WIPE lasted 6 minutes and 23 seconds. I did more healing than their combined damage to the boss + adds. By the end of the attempt I was obviously so out of mana I couldn't cast a spell, which wouldn't have mattered because I spent the last 90+ seconds being chain gripped like literally without stopping. One of the paladins then confesses to me (the original one) he had been wiping in this instance for FOUR HOURS, and were they by chance doing something wrong. I dropped group as fast as I could click it.
90 Draenei Shaman
Retribution paladin ninjaed an intellect cloak. Whenever I get ninjaed, I try to stay quiet, because clearly nothing I say will make the item magically appear in my inventory. But I gave it a try:

Me: You queued as DPS and that has Intellect.

Paladin: I NEED IT FOR HEALZ

That only made me hate the people that write "healz" with a "z" even more.
90 Tauren Druid
Last night in Shado Pan at the start of the nasty Sha elemental pulls before the last boss:

"OK, big pull here"

Tank proceeds to mount up and grab every group up to the first group after the bridge. I'm using Swiftmend on every CD, following up with a hasty HT and spamming Regrowth, WG everyhwere, having LOS issues because of that damn bridge ... two DPS die.

As I'm rezzing the dead, I ask if the tank thought that would save time.

"No, but it was fun."

Once , The DK tank was wearing a mail set . This was pointed out to him
and he proudly said being a LW he had made it himself .

That is probably the best thing I've ever seen. Kudos to that handy, crafty Death Knight.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]