Thing you dont want to hear healing Pugs 10

100 Pandaren Monk
Just got back from a bit of a break - so I'm still a bit rusty, and some of my gear is derpy. Been running heroics with the guild to try and get gear. Criipes, I dunno if I'm doing things wrong, or if it's them, but OOMing on trash (Scarlet Halls, Shado-Pan Monastery, and Mogu'shan, for the most part) cause even flash spam and CDs isn't fast enough is scary.

Why do tanks still hesitate to ever use CDs? I'd rather not completely drain my mana pool cause you don't wanna move out of bad.

U have spirit more then 5k, it will be ok to heal without nearly oom except Shadopan-Monastery. Disp Priest is so good on mana management and currently disp priest is the best healer imo. My mistweaver currently no good at all...sad:(
100 Night Elf Druid
Seriously though, don't taunt in pugs if you're not tanking.
Taunting just to bring a mob in is going to give the tank or healer an aneurism.

Death Grip is a taunt.

I agree with Evry. If I am tanking, as long as everything is attacking me, please don't taunt it. If I am running with a DK I trust, that's one thing; if I am running with a PUG I would just prefer you don't. Standing there tanking, lalala, everything is on me, throwing a FFF out to the caster on CD to keep it on me, lalala I know where every mob is and all is gooOH CRAP IT'S ATTACKING THE DK WTH.

Same thing with hunters/mages/warlocks who decide it's a dandy idea to kill the caster that is away from the main group first. Just... please don't. It's attacking the tank, it's fine. Leave it alone. Unless you're planning on CCing it, or silencing it, leave it alone.

If you guys (ie PUGs) would let me LOS, there wouldn't even be any casters away from the main pack.
Edited by Kaufman on 12/2/2012 1:31 AM PST
90 Human Paladin
I only have a few words for my runs today. I hate Rattlegore with a burning passion and bone armor no one ever clicks on in my groups. You have no clue how many times today I got stuck staring down Rattlegore alone or only with the tank due to no one clicking bone armor.
90 Undead Priest
I was in Mogu'Shan Palace and I ask for buffs naturally since I was missing them

The tank pulls, standing in the lightning aoe, he dies...

Has the nerve to tell me "If you ask for buffs at least heal"
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Yesterday I was running heroics.
2 DPS and the tank were taking a lot of damage. 1 DPS died cause I had to keep the tank alive.
Then he said I sucked - I didn't bother

Later in the same dungeon I accidentaly hit the tank with Hand of Salvation - keybind is too close to Hand of Sacrifice.
LOL there was aggro everywhere. We wiped, of course
The funny thing is no one noticed.

But it was fun to see the whiney dps dead again.
90 Tauren Druid
So I'm pretty rusty at healing, especially with a druid - the last time I healed on this toon was back in Wrath when Naxx was still progression and my guild always had me switch from offtank to tree on Saphhiron.

I just recently completed this resto set and was healing my second heroic - Gate of the Setting Sun tonight and oh my god was the path up to Kip'talak and the boss himself a clusterfeck. The dps was just terrible, and we spent more time in that bomb gauntlet than I ever thought was possible. Everyone kept standing in the fire and taking insane damage - including ME occasionally, as I was so busy focusing on the health bars. They were going down faster than a !@#$%^-desperate hooker. I was at 10% mana and went through 2 innervates when we finally made it to the boss's room.

The boss himself was just as bad, standing in fire everywhere and he took forever to go down. I was so stressed out at this point that I was sweating, and the tank was eyeballing me dubiously but nobody ended up dying and the rest of the run went okay.

Yay healing!
Edited by Xiggy on 12/5/2012 11:14 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
"keep up healer"

tank proceeds to pull everything after saboteur all the way to the next boss's room without stopping. health bar bouncing like a jogger's !@#$ while me, a boomkin, and a ret pally have to pool our healing together to keep him up. even then he died just as the rest of us hit the switch to bring us up to the second boss.

the trash sat there at the bottom of the elevator until we killed the boss. i found out something important that day... ret paladins ghetto tanking>failass tanks. the most interesting part was going back down the elevator and running to the signal fire to get the trash to leave.
90 Draenei Priest
In scenarios, no talking AT ALL even if I say I hadn't been there before or make other conversation.

Also in scenarios, like Theramore where a healer tends to be nice, hearing:

"Hey heals do you have a dps spec?"

Yeah, but I find heals to be useful here. Then I out dps the both of them as disc.

People doing 4-10k dps in scenarios. Had a monk seriously doing 4k dps on the 'boss' mobs and tank.

And, I love elite premade/guild groups in 5 man. I do. But if you are going to chain pull trash to the boss, then the instant it dies, chain pull all the way to the next boss, etc etc, just... tell me before we start. I have mana to babysit on rare occasions!
100 Tauren Druid
12/02/2012 02:03 PMPosted by Estelwen
I only have a few words for my runs today. I hate Rattlegore with a burning passion and bone armor no one ever clicks on in my groups. You have no clue how many times today I got stuck staring down Rattlegore alone or only with the tank due to no one clicking bone armor.

When a DPS dies from that, I just announce "Clicking on a bone pile is hard, yes?"
90 Tauren Priest
So me and two other guildies zone into Gate. Even before my screen is done loading, the tank has engaged the first mobs.

Note, I'm not healing, my guildmate is.

Healing seems to be a small issue so I throw out a few renews between dpsing. Once that mob goes down, my guildmate says "It'd be nice if you'd let me respec and drink."

The tank replied "Would that have killed them any faster?" as he keeps on pulling. I try to give him a hint before he pulls the boss by gripping him back to me, but he charges in instead, leaving myself and a warrior who were avoiding bombs on the bridge locked out of the first boss.

Healer: Wow. Wtg.
Me: You couldn't have waited for us?
Tank: It's not my fault they're playing footsie on the bridge. I just want to be out of here as soon as possible. Keep up.

The healer and he go back and forth a bit, him getting increasingly rude. All the while the Warrior and I are standing outside the door and I'm keeping the two of us alive.
ng footsie on the bridge.

When the boss finally goes down (And we get an achievement (Tank: There. Your laziness got you an achievement)), I put up a vote to kick on the tank.

Reason: !@#$%^. (Edit: Arsecap)

We got a lovely DK after that and finished the dungeon with no issues.

Well, except the main issue in that dungeon. Gate -*!@ing sucks for casters. >.<

THEY ARE NOT OBSCURED! I'M LOOKING RIGHT AT THEM! &##$%!
Edited by Milkmesoftly on 12/4/2012 4:18 PM PST
90 Worgen Druid
I just did Heroic Gate myself. Tank kicked the Hunter after Commander Ri'mok with the reason, "THINKS HE'S A TANK". Full caps, no lie.

On Raigonn, the tank feels it's necessary for him to jump up on Raigonn's face and attack the Weak spot, all while me, a Rogue, and a SPriest avoid adds the whole first phase.

-_-
100 Night Elf Druid
Tank: It's not my fault they're playing footsie on the bridge. I just want to be out of here as soon as possible. Keep up.

"Keep up." Those two words will boil my blood faster than even "gogo!" It's not that the tank should keep an eye on his healer and, I don't know, pace himself accordingly; it's that the healer fails for not keeping up with his (usually) breakneck pace.

*grinds teeth*

*goes to look at pictures of puppies*
90 Orc Shaman
12/04/2012 03:50 AMPosted by Keirisonis
"keep up healer"

First time, politely grip him back to you.
Second time, let him go on his merry way while you sit and drink.
90 Blood Elf Priest
12/06/2012 02:27 AMPosted by Mahanik
"keep up healer"

First time, politely grip him back to you.
Second time, let him go on his merry way while you sit and drink.

Oh i grief gripped him as often as i could. doesn't fix stupid.
90 Orc Death Knight
tys

I haven't heard that since early-mid Cata, except it was always a Blood DK.

There was this one DK that perplexes me to this day. He was Blood and in full raid DPS gear and we were pugging Heroic Deadmines. I was literally spamming Regrowths to keep him from dying on trash, which he did anyway, more than once. When I asked why he was taking so much damage (I already knew why, he hadn't used Death Strike once), he said I clearly knew nothing about DKs and that they were supposed to take more damage.

Just goes to show wearing purples doesn't substitute for basic skill, I guess.

Technically true.

But said DK had no clue how to play blood properly.
Edited by Attackknight on 12/6/2012 4:35 AM PST
90 Draenei Priest
I just had an odd experience and I figured it belonged here.

I've got a baby priest-- lvl 17-- that I queued for a random for the first time last night. So, you know, I don't expect the people I'll be put with to be veterans-- for all I know, it's their first time in an instance. I don't mind if they don't know what they're doing, you know? Anyway. Port in halfway through-- never a good sign. Finish it just fine, they decide to queue for another, I figure hey, why not.

We're in Ragefire Chasm and I notice that the DPS are... wandering. Mostly to go pick herbs, but there's this pally who goes off and pulls his own mobs. I don't really mind; he's not out of range, I can keep an eye on both him and the tank. After a little while it develops that our tank doesn't know where to go, and one of the DPS leads the way for a bit. The group is following in a line, and so I don't notice at first that the pally isn't following-- I just figured he was at the back of the line. Nope.

I say something a couple of times, asking where he's gone off to, get no response. Not really worried until his health drops dramatically, at which point I say something to the effect of "hey, can't heal you if I don't know where you are."

At this point one of the other people in group informs me that the pally had whispered her to say that he wandered off because he "hates heals" and that he had said some very rude things, including "never heal me again." Several things about this bother me:

1. Who hates heals?
2. Okay, so, you don't want the healer to heal you. Why queue for a random? The random healer is not going to know that you don't want them to do their job.
3. IF you queue for a random, and you don't want the healer to heal you... inform them of this fact? I mean, if he'd said "hey, don't heal me" I'd have been confused but I might have done what he wanted.

I'm confused, but whatever. Then the pally starts trying to queue the group for another instance (though we had not yet finished the one we were in). And the group doesn't understand why I don't want to go again with them. I tell them "I don't want to be in a group where one member has made it clear they don't want me here." I had every intention of finishing the dungeon, but even after I said this, I got two more "confirm your role!" things in rapid succession.

Too much of a headache. No wonder your last healer left.

*sigh*
Edited by Theralana on 12/7/2012 12:46 PM PST
90 Pandaren Priest
At this point one of the other people in group informs me that the pally had whispered her to say that he wandered off because he "hates heals" and that he had said some very rude things, including "never heal me again."

Did you forget to wash your hands before you healed them?

I am sorry, I have nothing for you but a joke and confirmation that what you saw was just daffy.
90 Night Elf Death Knight
well since ima blood dk,im tech healing in pugs too.

i get this gate of setting sun dungeon and i get into a group with 4 guildies,two of them are afk(two dps) with the healer on follow,for the first pack it goes by smoothly with me asking the healer why the two of them are afk. she tells me that they had to go get something. so we go in 3 man the boss with the two guys still on follow. the boss down and we heading to next boss...the two guys still afk... so i ask the healer where they are.

healer:they will be back a lil bit
i just think"okay..." and we head to the elevator.now the healer afks too and i sit around with the sole dps next to the elevator while listening to some anime music(11 eyes lunatic tears. like a 4 or 5 min song) after my song ends i just say"screw it" and go up alone and start tanking the boss. immediatly when i tank the boss the healer and the two afk dps show up and start complaining about me leaving them behind. i told them that they were afk for the whole run and i was tired of waiting. i then asked them to just wait a min since the boss is almost dead and they will get the loot.

i get kicked with the boss at 15%....that really grinded my gears when i was so close.
100 Goblin Priest
Heroic Shado-pan Monastery trash D: Been gearing the Shaman (she outgears my Priest for the first time since... forever.) I still hate that trash though.
81 Draenei Warrior
Yesterday I was running heroics.
2 DPS and the tank were taking a lot of damage. 1 DPS died cause I had to keep the tank alive.
Then he said I sucked - I didn't bother

Later in the same dungeon I accidentaly hit the tank with Hand of Salvation - keybind is too close to Hand of Sacrifice.
LOL there was aggro everywhere. We wiped, of course
The funny thing is no one noticed.

But it was fun to see the whiney dps dead again.

Hehehe I've done that before. It's been a long time though.

It was back towards the start of Cata and I was Ret (I was Ret/Prot at the time) and my fiancee was tanking as a Warrior in a H 5 man. We were in H BRC and the healer was having problems sometimes just keeping up which was a common issue at the time. We were at Steelbreaker and I can't remember if I was going for HoS or LoH but either way I ended up putting HoP on my fiancee. We wiped.

And the thing is - no one noticed. My fiancee was all sad going "I don't know how, I just lost all threat..."

I did confess since I had a much nicer group then you did, we laughed about it and finished off the 5 man. Later on when I traded my Ret spec for Holy I put those buttons far far away from each other just to not have it happen again.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]