Thing you dont want to hear healing Pugs 10

88 Blood Elf Priest
For the past week, I've been gearing up my druid for alt raid. It's been somewhat difficult for me to get the hang of. I'm used to single target bombing people and learning to trust my HoTs to heal people is really out of my comfort zone. But, I am getting better! Most groups have gone really well. One stood out though.

I zone into Scarlet Monastery with a druid tank his three guildy dps. I warn them that my gear isn't very good and that if they don't have the patience for me, I can leave. They say to stay and that I'll do fine. Everything is going smoothly until we get to the courtyard. I'm not exactly sure what happened or how the extra groups got pulled, but they did. I managed to keep us alive for about, oh, a minute or two. I somehow get aggro on the mobs that the tank had and they come over to say hello. We wipe. If I was on Songs, we would have been fine, but on my poor little druid, there was nothing I could do to save it. I was dead in a matter of seconds.

We run back and before I could get mana, the tank goes charging back in. He pulls whatever didn't die and somehow, we manage to survive this time.

Tank: You did better that time! Trial by fire is the best way to learn how to heal.
Me: That wasn't very nice.
Tank: Yeah, but now you're better at druid healing.
Me: I hate you.
Tank: Good. Now you're really going to hate me.

He pulls the boss plus all the monks and I literally go into panic auto-heal mode. He pulled the entire room before Whitemane and I'm freaking out. Then to top it all off, none of them interrupted her mass resurrection, so that went off. In my panic, I had forgotten that I could interrupt, but yeah, my bad. 5 very stressful minutes later, I'm oom and we're all hovering at about 50% health.

Tank: That'll do pig. That'll do.
Me: I'm not a pig. And I either hate you or love you right now. Not sure which.
Tank: Then I did my job. BYE!

I don't like trial by fire. :(

I hate to admit it but those kind of runs are the ones i love to heal the most had a guildy that would pull like that with her hunter any time we ran together and it was the most fun i have ever had healing.
100 Goblin Priest
Still gearing the Holidin; Heroic Shado-pan, where the tank wanted to pull all the Sha trash at once. In a 2-melee/1ranged setup. THOSE EXPLOSIONS/DEBUFFS. Also killing gripping hatreds on the last boss is hard, guys!

In Scholo, a 'gogogo' hunter who wanted the blues/greens geared tank to pull all of the butcher room. And when said tank stuck with pulling carefully, he pulled everything 'for' us. I still had everything on CD from before - luckily only the tank died. but jeez. If we're not mass-pulling, it's for a reason.

Stormstout Brewery where the Rogue was barely breaking 20K (and spent a while in the sub-10K department).

Gate of the Setting Sun - could tell from the early packs of trash that it would be 'fun' (moving out of bombs was a foreign concept to this lot) Lock made a soulwell, saying it would be easier for the healer - tank pointed out that it would be easier for me if people stopped hugging bombs. I agreed.

Third boss, two of the DPS insisted on standing in Frenzied Assault - they fell over in all of 3 seconds, leaving myself, the tank, and the lock. Cue a veeeery long fight that eventually had me running on fumes and prayers for WoG crits - adds running everywhere, etc. We got through it though.

Siege of Niuzao Temple, zoned into a guild group where the tank wanted to pull everything - the DPS was good, but I just don't have the regen/throughput to be spamming Divine Lights constantly, just to keep someone above 50%. Maybe he was used to running with people who overgeared heroics already. All 3 of the guildies left after I powered my way through an army of trash, and had the audacity to sit and drink.

--

Still, Linny can finally get herself into LFR now - ended up throwing gold at crafted gloves to get her over 460 (I ran a godawful amount of dungeons lately, with no luck on drops). Now I just need to get the Druid 2 more ilvls (hopefully replacing the 414 trink would do that), and level the Monk from 81-90 (waiting on a pocket-tank to finish his christmas/new years stuff for that).

Also, I love this thread. A lot. It's nice knowing that other people go through this crap, and having a place to rant <3
20 Dwarf Hunter
Was healing a H dungeon on my priest and I was literally bombing the tank with Greater Heals just to keep him alive. After one nasty pull with the tank dying I found it easier to heal the warr dps. I told the tank cds would be nice at this point to which he replied,

Tank: I used every cd I had on that pull.

Me: Really, because lay on hands is not every cd!

Yes he healed himself to full only to die 3 sec later. And not one other cd popped up on my screen.

I normally do not inspect tanks but I was curious on this one. While I am inspecting, the tank states:

Tank: I don't really know why I am so squishy, normally I can pull the whole place and stay alive.

Me (after inspection): Maybe you should put your pants and shirt back on....

Yes, the tank was without his pants and chest piece and had some mog peices on. Seems he was trading gear in at the bank and was mogging or something and forgot to put them back on when the dungeon qued. We all chuckled and then waited for him to get them back out of the bank.
100 Draenei Priest
Met an old acquaintance just a bit ago. I wont bore with details but we ran a few Heroics after I gave her a piece of gear to push her just barely over the ilvl requirement. Figured I can just carry her through a few and get her a few good pieces of gear (She always seemed to struggle to play even if she's a nice person. She's not stupid, she's just kinda ADD . . .).

One of them was an interesting Scholomance, Warrior Tank, me on my Priest, friend on her Hunter, a Pally and a Shadow Priest. Her first Heroic of the new Expansion Pack. At least it's an easy one since I end up carrying the whole freaking party at a few key points . . .

The whole place is rather standard barring the fact the tank had less buffed HP then I did, but he wasn't horrible, even if he lost aggro quite a few times, and he kept kiting Rattlegore across the room like if he stayed in melee range he'd get the plague or something, and forgot to get the bone armors . . . ok he wasn't actively trying to wipe us so I consider that a good thing. DPS is below average but they seem to know mechanics at least, even if a few like to stand in things occasionally.

A few minor deaths by my friend and we make it to the room of Bored Students before Gandling. First little group gets pulled, tank grabs it, it dies. Second group he pulls, we move a bit further down the stairway. I had my back to the wall and was thinking this should go fine, but as a herald to all things that ever go wrong, some little tiny insignificant . . . thing (I dont know what it was, I swear it looked like a moldy burrito) out the corner of my eye just kinda flops through the air out of our bunched up group and smacks the Pseudo-boss at the front of the room, dragging the rest of the students, himself, his grandmother and her five cats to us as they proceed to just pound us.

I just kinda just take it with my detached sense of urgency and heal as much as I possibly can. I pop all my CD's, FH + GH my !@# off, Divine Hymn, Spirit the tank, watch the Pally Draw Aggro halfway through and watch their health plummet as I keep him and the tank alive with alternating FH spam, and more then once they have like 5% keeping them from visiting the afterlife. I even popped a Mana potion, something I dont think I've ever done in an emergency yet . . .

As the last mob hits the floor, no one had died and everyone was near full health, even if my Mana was rock-bottom (Though I didn't need to hard-cast).

Tank: "EPIC"

Pally: "Yea 215K DPS, no biggie"

Pally thne links his recount. Low and behold, it did show he put out an an insane amount of damage. Hell only knows how since he was pulling about average at best on everything before then (And after, too). Nothing more is said and we move on.

I just stay silent. Glad he was able to think who the real star was that pull. Since I was there to keep him alive.

Healing is such a thankless job. But the most important jobs in life often are.

EDIT: Clarification cuz I r gud at gramm0rz
Edited by Dosrina on 12/28/2012 3:28 AM PST
90 Worgen Druid
12/28/2012 03:25 AMPosted by Dosrina
he kept kiting Rattlegore across the room like if he stayed in melee range he'd get the plague or something

Rattlegore has a debuff he throws on himself if he stands still for long enough, and it stacks.

Each stack increases his attack speed while also decreasing his movement speed. So the tank should be keeping him still for a bit, then kite until the debuff is about to wear off, then make him stand still and get a couple more stacks, and so on.
90 Tauren Paladin
Healing Scarlet Monastary the other day and the pally tank pulled the entire courtyard and couldnt understand why he dropped like a $2 hooker on nickle night. We wipe.

Run back, Sit down to drink and he barrels off again, dies, and the druid, hunter S priest and I manage to kill all the mobs. Rez the tank. He runs around the corner and pulls three sets of mobs, dies instantly (no LOS). He starts yelling to keep up. He starts with "You're a sorry healer"

Me: Yep, sure am. Especially when the tank runs out of range.

Tank: You don't know how to move?

Me: kinda hard to move and heal you at the same time.

Tank procedes to pull the entire entry way to leading up to mograine and he dies again. We manage to kill the mobs and he starts crying about poor heals. Rez him (again), he runs off and pulls all the mobs to her left. I have to sit and drink but did manage to keep him alive.

As soon as I sit, he runs and pulls the boss and gets killed in less than 3 seconds. I go into survival mode, but eventually lose the hunter. The other three of us are still alive when the boss dies and the hunter tells the tank: Looks to me like the healer isnt the problem, it's the idiot tank. Good Job healer!
100 Draenei Priest
Rattlegore has a debuff he throws on himself if he stands still for long enough, and it stacks.

Each stack increases his attack speed while also decreasing his movement speed. So the tank should be keeping him still for a bit, then kite until the debuff is about to wear off, then make him stand still and get a couple more stacks, and so on.

Well I know that, but this particular tank was . . . well not even attacking. He used heroic Leap on CD just to keep himself as far away from Rattlegore as possible. Thats the kind of kiting he was doing. He kept aggro fine but I think somewhere along the lines he took someone's advice of keeping the boss moving a bit too far.

EDIT: because quotes hate me.
Edited by Dosrina on 12/28/2012 10:26 PM PST
90 Pandaren Priest
While leveling my rogue in an instance we wipe, it happens, a smart hunter feigns death and a couple seconds later via mass rez all but the ret pally is back in.

waiting on the pally, waiting on the pally.

ME: Pally, are you on a timer?

PALLY: F-U, you want to kick me b/c i have 30 seconds before i can accept the Rez.

a player has left your party.

ME (to the rest of the group): err no, i was gonna say the healer could have rezed him if he had a long wait on a Mass Rez CD. But cool, rage quit, that worked too.
90 Draenei Death Knight
Had a DPSer yell at me to heal better because I let everyone's health drop super low in Shadowfang Keep.... on Baron Ashbury.... who had just performed Asphyxiate....
12/29/2012 10:38 PMPosted by Reichiru
Had a DPSer yell at me to heal better because I let everyone's health drop super low in Shadowfang Keep.... on Baron Ashbury.... who had just performed Asphyxiate....

No matter if it was low level, or heroic, that's one of the more funny ones I've seen in a while( funny when you read it, painful when you're there) let's hope it's someone who just got WoW for christmas...
90 Night Elf Druid
I got kicked from an LFR last night on my shaman for "not healing". Apparently I joined a failed group that wiped due to poor healing (per the raid chat). I zoned in and as I made my way to the raid group, I see this in raid chat amongst the squabbling about the healers.

Random #1: Kenadie, are you healing AT ALL???!!!
Me: Erm, I just joined the raid.
Random #2: Yeah right...

Oh, Hello Stormwind!
90 Human Paladin
12/29/2012 10:38 PMPosted by Reichiru

People really need to read the freaking mechanics of a fight....
90 Blood Elf Priest
Man oh man, my luck has been piss poor in low level dungeons recently.

If the tank isn't abandoning the dungeon right at the start, then they're the wrong spec. I've ended up with a WW, boomkin, and a retadin, right in a row. Of course, none of them could actually hold aggro on more than one mob (and sometimes, not even on the one), and they were squishy as all get out. I left all of them, because I'm tired of encouraging this crap.

Seriously, is this just the current trend or something?
Edited by Rivaeon on 12/30/2012 11:30 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Priest
Pugged a dps for a raid. "well, i've done lfr."

... 'nuff said. My flash heal key was being used. THE MANA! IT SCREAMS FOR HELP!
90 Draenei Priest
On my horde priest who is 88 now, and gosh just two in a row.

First one, Shado Pan but we phase in somewhere out in the water with the tank dead near the last boss. A dps comments "well never phased in like this before". We all agree.

Swim to an island, run down the bridge, catch up to the dead tank, a bear, and rez him. He doesn't accept. We wait a while, nothing. I try to vote-kick, it says I can't. Hm. Haven't been on this char in a while. The queue was like 17 minutes and I'm not about to leave. Spoiled heals, I know.

Enough time goes by that I ask if anyone else can kick, ask if the tank is afk, and trade "Game of Thrones" quotes with the rogue, who is adorably playing with my priests name (Kahleesi) saying things like "It is known" and I reply "It is known the tank is AFK" and he says "Just so", things like that.

Finally the tank gets back and says "WHY DON'T YOU FING REZ ME THEN". I said I did, but afkers find it hard to accept a rez, being afk and all. He says '!@#$' or something along those lines and I start another rez and say "try not to afk this one ok?". The fight goes ok other than no one really killing the gripping hatreds but we get it.

Next one Mogu-shan Palace, nothing exceptional other than the warrior doing a whopping 3-8k as dps, needing on the stam/dodge trinket and wins it The pally tank in emoticons makes it obvious he's displeased about that, but leave it to my big mouth to handle that.

Me: Hey, warrior? I hope that TANK trinket helps you do more DPS. Because it's BAD.

Warrior: I am dps.

Me: I know, barely. But I'm sure STAMINA helps you dps huh?

Warrior: I am dps, inspect.

/facepalm.

The guy gets confused or something and ends up completely missing the next few trash pulls but before the last boss, did end up handing it over to the tank at least.
100 Human Paladin
For the past week, I've been gearing up my druid for alt raid. It's been somewhat difficult for me to get the hang of. I'm used to single target bombing people and learning to trust my HoTs to heal people is really out of my comfort zone. But, I am getting better! Most groups have gone really well. One stood out though.

I zone into Scarlet Monastery with a druid tank his three guildy dps. I warn them that my gear isn't very good and that if they don't have the patience for me, I can leave. They say to stay and that I'll do fine. Everything is going smoothly until we get to the courtyard. I'm not exactly sure what happened or how the extra groups got pulled, but they did. I managed to keep us alive for about, oh, a minute or two. I somehow get aggro on the mobs that the tank had and they come over to say hello. We wipe. If I was on Songs, we would have been fine, but on my poor little druid, there was nothing I could do to save it. I was dead in a matter of seconds.

We run back and before I could get mana, the tank goes charging back in. He pulls whatever didn't die and somehow, we manage to survive this time.

Tank: You did better that time! Trial by fire is the best way to learn how to heal.
Me: That wasn't very nice.
Tank: Yeah, but now you're better at druid healing.
Me: I hate you.
Tank: Good. Now you're really going to hate me.

He pulls the boss plus all the monks and I literally go into panic auto-heal mode. He pulled the entire room before Whitemane and I'm freaking out. Then to top it all off, none of them interrupted her mass resurrection, so that went off. In my panic, I had forgotten that I could interrupt, but yeah, my bad. 5 very stressful minutes later, I'm oom and we're all hovering at about 50% health.

Tank: That'll do pig. That'll do.
Me: I'm not a pig. And I either hate you or love you right now. Not sure which.
Tank: Then I did my job. BYE!

I don't like trial by fire. :(

lol when tanks try that crap on me i take it as a challenge as if, "Oh you don't think I can do this, try me, you have no idea how good I am MFer."

Only time I let people die on purpose is when dps stands in stuff. If a tank wants to be gung-ho I'll be gung-ho with him.
100 Human Paladin
12/30/2012 07:54 AMPosted by Turuncal

People really need to read the freaking mechanics of a fight....

At least you've never had a dps yell at you after he gets killed by mimiron's rocket blast
90 Blood Elf Monk
Had a Mogu'shan Palace heroic run the other day, and that was the first time I've ever actually wanted to punch someone in WoW for just being stupid.

Twas all fine and dandy till we got to Gekkan. Our makeup was Mistweaver Monk (me), Paladin tank, Elemental Shaman, Arms Warrior, and Survival Hunter. The Shaman barged into the room and Thunderstormed the two Hexxers off the edge into Gekken's ring, and the fight began. The hunter's pet pulled the two extra oracles near the other side of the room, so we had a fight against 3 Hexxers, 3 Oracles, a Shanker, an Ironhide, and Gekken himself. I popped every cooldown, rocketed up to and maintained 65k hps, but we wiped after 3 1/2 minutes in, when nothing died.

As we were running back, I took a peek at the healing and damage done meters. I did 9.5 million healing in those three and a half minutes, and the damage was abysmal. Less than 20 million had been done that fight, and the highest damage was the hunter at 35k a la Multishot/Serpent Sting. Followed by the tank and warrior at 28k, and the Elemental Shaman at 23k.

The kicker to this story? Two of the dps tried to kick me, because 'healer sucks, we would've had that if he didn't let us die.' This is my offset, Mistweavers are wacky with mana regen right now, and this was one of my first real attempts at healing heroics on this guy. But no, all that, the fustercluck that was the fight, and 65k sustained healing - not a single Surging Mist was cast, I was trying to avoid that mana sink like the plague - was not good enough for these guys. /end rant
90 Pandaren Monk
I queued recently for a random to get the missing valor points to cap, and I ended up getting Stormstount Brewery.

I noticed how slow everything was dying, I had a tank leaving in middle of the furry boss fight, kept people alive etc. We went to the last boss, it took forever, I told people to dps the adds because they were not.

Once we're done.. I was curious to check.. I was 2nd dps on the fight with 20k dps... tank was 3rd, the other two had awesome 13k and 17k dps,

I mean.. seriously? I started dpsing only at the middle of the fight because it felt slow, but I was seriously not expecting to beat 2 dps and a tank as a healer.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]