Thing you dont want to hear healing Pugs 10

90 Night Elf Warrior
I have enjoyed reading many pages of this thread. As a tank, I just want to say that I love you all. I will never kill myself for a dps, but for you ...
90 Night Elf Death Knight
ah, tried healing on my alt while lvl up in pandaria,first dungeon i got was temple of the jade serpent. (im a holy pally that was still 85 and in low 370 panda greens) i see that 3 of the people in the group our from same server and above level 86(level 89 tank war).

we get in and i notice that the tanks dk friend keeps taking adds...i don't say anything and i just heal through it. when the first adds die they don't get out of the black water and all 3 are dying,i use my heals and talents my friend told me to get to keep them alive till the aoe ends. they do this for the next 3 pulls till the boss comes.

on boss,before fight i asked the tank to wait so i can drink,he immediatly runs in and pulls fight,i go in with 50% mana so i don't get locked out. fights going terribly with the dk not using obliterate and everyone standing in aoe. when we get to the burn phase i use my divine plea and one of my alchemy pots to get some of my hp back, to heal through the whole group not getting out of the way of torrents.

boss is down,and the tank says:"was alot of damage". then proceeds to run into the next part of the dungeon to grab the next pack before i could ask to get mana. for the adds and the next boss the tank isn't using his cooldowns and is taking two packs of 6 or more adds at time. with his dk friend playing with two across the bridge in frost pres. i spam my cds and use the shocks to try and keep em both up.

second boss,tank only holds one of the bosses..leaves the other to the group,i ask him to pick it up,he doesn't.fight takes a while and it ends with everyone 60% or below hp. i ask the tank can i get mana and he proceeds into the next part and grabs all the adds before i can get to him,i shock myself for speed boost and pop loh on him. we barely clear the adds and he immediatly pulls boss. no one gets out of aoe for the whole fight..boss dies with the lock dying(wasnt with them. just a pugger)

as im ressing lock the tank engages the next 3 adds and the moment they finally die he runs straight into the boss..me and the lock shuffle into the room before the door closes.fight goes terribly with no one stacking with there adds when i ask them to, and me having to use all of my cds along with mana pots since ppl refuse to use any form of asborb or defensive cd.

after boss finally dies and i head to turn in my quests.
tank says

tank:hey healer,want to do another with us?

me:hahhahahhahahahha.no...

/leave group
Edited by Ítachí on 1/2/2013 9:03 PM PST
90 Pandaren Priest
I spent way too much time on this thread. way way way too much time. My new main is a 90 Brewmaster (played Ret Paly for years), so I've tanked before, and while playing a healer now, I've come to realize that I must be the only tank in existence who makes sure the healer is in range before pulling.

Anyways...

Was healing in Dire Maul sometime last week, can't remember which side (the one with the Captain guy that you can skip via ogre suit, but if you don't, he fears). Anyways, we get the boss, the LAST boss, and several groups of adds - I'm not sure if the tank just super overpulled or what. Anyways, we wipe (there was no hope...)....except the mage who, when I release, I see running with all the mobs.

The rest of us zone back in and start running back to where we were. As I know where I'm going, I don't bother looking at the map, and therefore have no idea where the rest of the people are. I'm halfway back, when here comes the mage with all the mobs. I just cringe, and manage to sink into a corner and let them all pass so I don't die again. About 10 seconds later, I notice that everybody else who had zoned in had just died again at the zone-in (finally including the mage). The tank and mage were apparently guildies. Tank starts yelling at me about why I didn't heal him when he was going to die again (even though I was nowhere near him since he was still at the zone-in) and he's going to protect his guildie no matter what the cost was, and I should do the same, and blah blah blah.

I just shook my head, ignored him since we were almost done with the instance.
Edited by Shiunja on 1/3/2013 10:15 AM PST
90 Worgen Druid
Been very busy today, so I just got home a little bit ago and queued up for a dungeon en route to my farm. Get Heroic Scarlet Halls.

Me (smexy Worgen Druid >:3)
Gnome Prot Warrior
Human Ret Paladin
Human Hunter (can never figure out what spec they are, nor did I happen a glance)
Pandaren WW Monk

All but Monk are from Moon Guard, but they're all in different guilds. Even now, I have no clue if this was just a strange coincidence. I zone in and see the pack of dogs and the mob run across the entrance into the first hallway, going after the Hunter when he went for the buckets of meat. He flings one, but the tank just grabs everything anyway. Move on down the hallway, and the Hunter sprints ahead with a bucket to hit the pack before the arrow-target guanlet. Apparently he misses, because the group eats him alive. Houndmaster Braun goes fine, as does Armsmaster Harlan. On the Treasurer hallway, the tank makes a very hard point to grab all the piles of gold that drop. Flameweaver Koegler goes down simple enough, except everyone but me gets hit by Dragon's Breath.

It wasn't until after that I decided to inspect the tank, because he was a little iffy on most pulls, with aggro going around occasionally (no one died other than Hunter's bad aim with the bucket, lol). Other than the usual 437 greens via questing and a couple 450 blues, he did have a handful of 463s, but the only two with gem slots had nothing in them, nor was anything enchanted. But the kicker was his weapon:

Koegler's Ritual Knife
85 Orc Warrior
It wasn't until after that I decided to inspect the tank, because he was a little iffy on most pulls, with aggro going around occasionally (no one died other than Hunter's bad aim with the bucket, lol). Other than the usual 437 greens via questing and a couple 450 blues, he did have a handful of 463s, but the only two with gem slots had nothing in them, nor was anything enchanted. But the kicker was his weapon: Koegler's Ritual Knife

Don't Gnomes have to spec for Titan's Grip to use normal people weapons?
01/02/2013 10:26 AMPosted by Shaelo
I have enjoyed reading many pages of this thread. As a tank, I just want to say that I love you all. I will never kill myself for a dps, but for you ...

Thank you! says me, who don't heal much anymore, but, still, thank you:D

I don't do much pve, but, I did a few random dungeons when I hit 90 to try and get some gear. I'm surprised with the stupidity of people at that level. I was in with a monk dps who insisted on standing in every bad pool of purple or green or whatever that he could find. Our healer did her best to keep him up, but eventually, she couldn't. He dropped, and instead of releasing( this was the dungeon where the gy is right outside pretty much) he stayed on the floor asking for a rez, mid fight.
the healer pointed out that it's bad to stand in purple, and that he would get the rez after the fight, which of course, didn't stop him from asking a few more times. I know my nerves probably wouldn't be able to handle healing pve anymore, but to those who do? A big thank you for putting up with the rest of us.

And, I like how you can always spot the dps who have healing toons or specs, I'm one of those who keep just as much of an eye on the health of the group as the healer does, and throws out heals when I can, the healer in me can't not do it lol.
I lied, I do heal, just not on this toon, and now, I kinda regret doing sol.

What is it with low level tanks that makes them think"oh, let's face this fire breathing dragon towards the group"? It never fails.
90 Troll Priest

If they didn't before, they should now.
90 Draenei Priest

If they didn't before, they should now.

A Prot Warrior is going to have a hard time speccing into Titan's Grip, since it's now a baseline Fury ability. Weapon skills are based on class, not race; different races do get passive boosts when using certain weapon types though. And Titan's grip allows the user to dual wield two 2H weapons at the same time. It has nothing to do with 1H weapons.
For the Gnome in question, they get +1% expertise when using daggers and 1H swords. He was likely using the dagger because the dagger's DPS was a high enough increase over his previous weapon that he decided the loss of STR on it was a worthwhile trade. The hit and mastery on it are perfectly fine for a tanking weapon.

And now for stories of truly stupid warriors in LFR:
On my Paladin, healing the second half of MV very similar things happened 2 weeks in a row. Clear trash before the Spirit Kings, raid groups up at the edge, ready check pops up and as soon as it's cleared, a tank warrior Heroic Leaps right in front of the boss, facing away from the boss... and he of course falls over dead. Queue healer blame for lack of heals. Brez goes out, Warrior tank pops back up, and immediately pulls the boss off the other tank and away from the raid cluster. Queue tank death #2 and more complaints about lack of healing. Brez again on the same tank, followed by some random DPs standing in Annihilate and Flanking Orders at the same time, so they get the 3rd Brez. Wonder-tank dies very quickly yet again, and with no more Brezzes left, he proceeds to go off at everyone else about what they are doing wrong. More stupidity ensues, and we wipe.
Running back in and the tank finally said something that made me snap. I was going to say nothing, but he pushed me over the edge. I say something to the effect that he shouldn't complain about others failing at mechanics when he very clearly doesn't know them. He and a friend start tossing insults, saying I should be kicked for being a scrub. Surprisingly, DPS stood up for me, saying I was top heals - by a lot - so kicking me probably isn't a good idea.
We all group back up, ready check... yep. Tank goes flying off to his death again.

Me: Oh look. You're dead again.
multiple people in the raid: LOL/scrub tank/kick idiot tank

Unfortunately he didn't get kicked, though it was a close thing (1 more vote...). It was a long and painful run, but we eventually got through it.

The following week, to avoid Flanking Orders, a different warrior tank (who currently had aggro) heroic leaped to the far side of the room where no one was standing. Boss catches up to him, and tank goes splat. More fail-heal QQ ensues, followed by even more people calling the tank a moron.
The thing is, he could have taken 2 steps in the opposite direction, been clear of Flanking Orders and everyone would have been safe.
Edited by Vhalan on 1/5/2013 9:55 AM PST
90 Orc Shaman
He was likely using the dagger because the dagger's DPS was a high enough increase over his previous weapon that he decided the loss of STR on it was a worthwhile trade.

Except weapon DPS actually means nothing, and should probably be removed from weapon tooltips. Weapon DAMAGE is what's used to calculate how hard your attacks hit. And even if there was a Strength dagger, it would make all your attacks hit like so many wet noodle slaps you'd think the Flying Spaghetti Monster was real and convert to Pastafarianism.
85 Worgen Druid
Hellfire Ramparts in random group last night. Zone in and everybody is getting the quests. Tank takes off like a bat out of hell. Down the bridge and around the corner. Engage cat form for movement boost to catch up. Too late the tank has gone gooey. Scrape whats left of the poor DK off the floor while the warlock saves the day with Infernal. I apologize for not keeping up but also issue a freindly reminder that if I can't see you, I can't heal you.

We to the base of the stairs and suddenly the tank is gone. Darkflight engaged to catch up. We're talking the mobs at the base of the stairs were following him..... Up, through the hall and into the circular area where he proceeds to pull EVERY mob. Keep in mind he still had agro from downstairs and the hallway mobs... Needless to say the group wiped. We gave it our best but he had just way over pulled. I tried brezzing but by the time he was back on his feet it was just too late. He starts spouting off in group about me being a crappy healer. Whatever. Apparently one of the DPS didn't like his attitude because somebody initiated a vote/kick.

The very next que (mana tombs I think), we have 2 DKs. (what is it about fresh DKs?) One is obviously in Unholy (pet is always up and has a name) and the other is Blood. Blood qued as tank, unholy is in as DPS. Unholy keeps pulling. I can see if the group of mobs is almost dead, grabbing the next set and handing off to the tank... This guy was going across the room and trying to tank them. I called him on it. "If you aren't the tank please don't pull". Keep in mind I'm already feeling a little short tempered from the previous dungeon. His response sets me off. "What are you going to do about it?" The answer to that is easy enough. "If you keep pulling I am going to stop healing you". I checked recount, out of all the healing I did that dungeon 80% went to the non tank. Somebody has serious issues here. I ended up letting him splatter himself across the landscape 6 or 7 times before he got the point
90 Blood Elf Priest
Hey guys, long time no see (on this anyway, since I'm also Menchi). Did a dungeon on each of my other healers.

D. Priest (87) in Mogu'shan Palace- Healing my butt off because the tank is getting hit very hard. Everyone enjoyed standing in any kind of AoE they could find. Get to the very end and I see he has Porcelain Crab and Magnetite Mirror equipped. We fight Xin and right at the close, the tank and his Mage buddy (they're in the same guild, I found out) stand in a grand combination of the room's weapons and eat the ground. I turn in my quests, tell him to stay out of bad, and get better trinkets. He responds to both with a sarcastic "ahkay", so I just drop w/o rezzing his snarky butt.

R. Shaman (85) in Temple of the Jade Serpent - Bear tank was real good, but the dps (Mage, Hunter, and Death Knight) stood in every conceivable attack that could be avoided. The puddles from the elementals before the first boss? Yes. The puddles from the elementals ON the boss? Yes. Wash Away? Yes. The purple void zones dropped by the Sha adds right before Liu? Yes. The fire puddles on Liu? Yes. I let two of them die before Mari because they wouldn't move out of the bad water. They didn't learn, and eventually died to the fire on Liu as well. Last boss went through quite a few add phases before we get him down.

H. Paladin (85) in Stormstout Brewery - Surprising the easiest run, considering he's my lowest geared.
Edited by Buffyria on 1/5/2013 3:21 PM PST
90 Night Elf Druid
01/05/2013 03:20 PMPosted by Buffyria
Surprising the easiest run, considering he's my lowest geared.

Well, compared to the other stuff you're describing, what's 20 ilvls one way or the other? :D
90 Worgen Druid
It's just that tank from Buffy's run really pissed me off. Total {slang for male reproductive organ}.
this is sort of a healing story and a question about it. In shadopan monestary.. the sha of.. something boss, before the panda boss
i went oom in a 2 minute fight- not un remarkable, but it seemed everyone was taking a bunch of damage.

my question is, are the little spike things avoidable? or are the adds suppoed to spawn and be killed?

the story is, i get oom and a dps asks if i can do the last boss, which i reply yes,

he was a nice guy but he meditated in the swirling aoe of the boss and ate it, and the 2nd dps bit the dust
we finished with the tank at 2% and me dead and the other dps at 5% ish

i didnt do a stellar job- but at least it was done- Res the people, and the dps who first remarked about healing- yeah l2heal

oh well, no pleasing people
90 Orc Shaman
01/05/2013 11:04 PMPosted by Lugbhure
my question is, are the little spike things avoidable? or are the adds suppoed to spawn and be killed?

Yes the Sha Spikes are avoidable, although you have zero time to react to them. If you're not already moving when you're targeted, you get hit.
Yes, the adds are supposed to spawn. They can just be cleaved - they're not a priority usually. Incidentally, if you take Primal Elementalist, your Earth Ele can pick those little dudes up pretty nicely.
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/05/2013 11:54 PMPosted by Mahanik

Yes the Sha Spikes are avoidable, although you have zero time to react to them. If you're not already moving when you're targeted, you get hit.
Yes, the adds are supposed to spawn. They can just be cleaved - they're not a priority usually. Incidentally, if you take Primal Elementalist, your Earth Ele can pick those little dudes up pretty nicely.

Tanks are -also- able to pick them up, although they will often say it's not possible.
90 Draenei Priest
Been on my horde priest who is almost 90. Lazy dps, my gosh. Not only in terms of literal dps, but the way they afk so much.

Shado Pan tonight for example, we phase in, mage is afk the first trash, we move on to the second group, he follows but just stands there. Halfway through I'm like "um mage, DO SOMETHING?"

"Relax" he/she says, "I was typing".

I practically foam at the mouth at this kind of thing. I'm a big typer, I got at least 3 windows going at any given point in time, but seriously do it between pulls or something.

The worst part of that was the mage was doing something like 40% of the total dps with the rest barely about 10k. Ugh.

Then another run a ret pally was on AF for a significant amount of time. I'm like uh why is the pally on AF?

"He's going to the bathroom he'll be back in a bit" says the rogue who has the pally on AF.

Man. If a tank or heals were to do this, there would be so much rage, seriously. Drives me nuts dps can be so lazy and it's fine.
90 Orc Death Knight
tys
The thing is Ocyla, a typical dungeon can be done with just a healer and a tank. There are no dps requirements, no enrage timers, or anything like that. Most dps know this. You'll meet good dps and bad dps. The problem is bad dps know that they can get away with it ... just like as the many threads show, bad tanks know that they can get away with being poor performance and blaming healers even if it isn't justified.
90 Orc Shaman
I queued up LFD for my last bit of valor and got Scarlet Halls. Paladin tank, Boomkin, DK of some breed, Arcane Mage, and myself.

Everything is fine until Harlan. He wipes us 3 times. First time both the mage and tank get caught in Blades of Light. 2nd time, tank pulls without the DK and the fight lasts an agonizing 6 minutes until Harlan's berserker rage ramps up enough to effectively one shot the tank. 3rd time all the pieces fall into place and we kill him without issue.

In the next hallway, Mr. Paladin tank pulls the whole room. I thought we had it, but it was just too much for his squishy butt to handle. Surprisingly, he doesn't blame me for the wipe, which I assumed was going to happen. Run back again and kill the next hallways without problems. We get to the last boss and Mr. Paladin chimes in, "So how do we do this one?" /facedesk

I have no problem with people not knowing boss fights. Even if its the tank. We all have to learn sometime. But my greatest wish in the game is for people to speak up before hand. If you say nothing and wipe us, I automatically think you're a tool and care less about your survival than I previously did. If you say something, I will make sure you know everything you need to know about a dungeon. I will stay with you wipe after wipe just to get you that experience. My biggest pet peeve is people being too afraid of saying they don't know whats going on. We've all been there. There's no shame in it at all.

Anyway, back to the story. I explain the fight and we kill it without a problem. What do I see on my screen as the boss dies? 6 achievements for Scarlet Halls and Scarlet Halls Heroic. I make this face ¬.¬ and drop group.
Edited by Songs on 1/7/2013 12:29 AM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]