Thing you dont want to hear healing Pugs 10

90 Worgen Druid
01/06/2013 01:28 AMPosted by Tiriél

Yes the Sha Spikes are avoidable, although you have zero time to react to them. If you're not already moving when you're targeted, you get hit.
Yes, the adds are supposed to spawn. They can just be cleaved - they're not a priority usually. Incidentally, if you take Primal Elementalist, your Earth Ele can pick those little dudes up pretty nicely.

Tanks are -also- able to pick them up, although they will often say it's not possible.

It's not impossible but it's not easy either. You're having to move out of the spikes being thrown out by the boss, manage your own AM, often being disoriented by the boss and when you do see the little adds pop up you often have to target them through the boss which can be tricky. One last point, if they're anything like the little shas leading up to that boss (and I'm not sure that they are) they have a kinda gnarly aoe when they die which isn't too bad one at a time but can be dangerous in groups or while being hit by a boss and makes me wonder if it isn't best to just avoid the little buggers.
90 Blood Elf Priest
It's not impossible but it's not easy either. You're having to move out of the spikes being thrown out by the boss, manage your own AM, often being disoriented by the boss and when you do see the little adds pop up you often have to target them through the boss which can be tricky. One last point, if they're anything like the little shas leading up to that boss (and I'm not sure that they are) they have a kinda gnarly aoe when they die which isn't too bad one at a time but can be dangerous in groups or while being hit by a boss and makes me wonder if it isn't best to just avoid the little buggers.

Unless you're a prot warrior. Then you just drop Mocking Banner, which forces them all to attack you constantly, which insta-breaks the disorient, feeds you more Revenge procs than you can use, and gives you Victory Rush procs when they die which you can use to heal yourself back to full.

It's... kinda absurdly easy like that.
I just resubbed after an extended break and while I can't say I have hit the high level content yet I have heard some pretty unnerving things thus far upon my return that makes me question my choice as a healer... ;)

Setting: Scholomance
Tank: R?
Group:Y
He pulls, aggro goes everywhere except him.
Me: PEEL PEEL PE12WEL!!!!!!!
Dust clears and me and a dps are left standing.
Me: Tank, do you have on Rightous Fury?
Tank: Whats righteous fury?
Me: ./facepalm
This has happened to me so many times, I can't even tell you. In the middle of intensive healing, I rip the nastiest, rotten egg fart. I am then forced to wallow in my own gas cloud because I don't want to run away from my computer and let my group die.
90 Worgen Druid
01/11/2013 01:11 AMPosted by Nerfheals

Unless you're a prot warrior. Then you just drop Mocking Banner, which forces them all to attack you constantly, which insta-breaks the disorient, feeds you more Revenge procs than you can use, and gives you Victory Rush procs when they die which you can use to heal yourself back to full.

It's... kinda absurdly easy like that.

Yeah, um, good story but that only describes 1 out of 5 possible tank specs. It does give me something to look forward to if I decide to level a prot warrior - the only tank I don't have yet.
i dunno what tanks yall are running with... but keep it up. keeps them out of my hair and beard.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Just had another AWESOME dps the other night.

Mage with the rune ability... who decided moving off his rune (even though you can drop 2 and go back and forth, to my knowledge) was beneath his dignity.

He died on Ckoudstrike - refused not only to stand with the group for the serpent's magnetic shroud, but was so far away he was out of healing range, and wouldn't iceblock. This was after standing in magnetic fields since, of course, moving off the rune was a NO NO apparently.

Snowdrift... yep, rune planted again, hit with everything under the sun and wouldn't budge. By this time I'm scratching my head wondering if I missed something and it actually roots the user in place!

Enough that I hopped on my mage to check the talent since it's not the one I chose.

Thankfully he didn't have a choice in the last boss - since the gripping hatreds moving him annoyed him enough to dps them.

Don't get me wrong. I sympathize with casters that suffer on heavy movement fights. I really do, having a mage myself. You can feel pretty useless when you can't stand still long enough to get a long cast off.

But as always, dead dps = no dps. And no ranged dps should be fighting with the tank for damage taken, seriously!
01/13/2013 01:45 AMPosted by Bahnshee
Don't get me wrong. I sympathize with casters that suffer on heavy movement fights. I really do, having a mage myself. You can feel pretty useless when you can't stand still long enough to get a long cast off.

And this is why on my destruction warlock I love Kil'jaeden's Cunning (lvl90 talent) and I found a way around the 15/30% movement speed debuff you get by moving, the debuff only applies if you're moving at the START of a hard cast, once the casting has started you're free to move at normal speed. So you can just stagger you movment a little bit to miss the aplication and keep moving, if you can be bothered doing it (I only really use it when firing multiple chaos bolts).

01/13/2013 01:45 AMPosted by Bahnshee
But as always, dead dps = no dps. And no ranged dps should be fighting with the tank for damage taken, seriously!

I don't miss seeing people that don't grasp this simple fact.... yes you (the Darwin Award DPS) will do more damage to the boss fighting for 3 seconds while you die in the fire, but those 3 seconds won't out-weigh the damage you'll lose by being dead and it's not our job to keep you alive through that Deathstar to the face of damage your taking (actually it is, but we will hate you for it and may "accidently" forget to heal you in time to save you).
90 Orc Death Knight
tys
So I'm over at my friend's and he's levelling his priest. Anyways, I'm teaching him to play WoW. About half the time, I'm playing for him so that he can learn. We go into 1 of the Outland dungeons. We get a dk pugged tank.

Me: Ah, you are equipped with a fishing pole.
Pugged tank: Haters gonna hate.
Me: The dk starter sword is better than your fishing pole by far. You need to equip a proper tanking weapon otherwise you won't be able to hold aggro.
Pugged tank: Whatever. I'm pulling. I don't like the look of that sword. Besides tanking with a fishing pole looks sick.
Me: Wait - are you seriously going to pull with a fishing pole? Also you should be in blood presence.
Pugged tank: You're just a dumb healer. What could you possibly know about dk tanking?
Me: A whole lot more than you ...
Pugged tank: Lmao.

Then he/she pulls.

Edit: I have edited some of the pug tank's language to be a bit less vulgar.
Edit 2: I should mention that the pugged tank's post was edited because well, they had very poor grammar, spelling, and a lot of capital letters.

Needless to say, that tank could not hold aggro. Lucky we had a ret pally that had a prot OS. The entire run was pretty much filled with the pugged tank's complaints. There was probably no chance of a boot passing since the tank had a guildie ... needless to say that guildie consistently pulled for the tank(s).
Edited by Attackknight on 1/13/2013 11:30 PM PST
90 Orc Shaman
So I'm over at my friend's and he's levelling his priest. Anyways, I'm teaching him to play WoW. About half the time, I'm playing for him so that he can learn. We go into 1 of the Outland dungeons. We get a dk pugged tank.

Me: Ah, you are equipped with a fishing pole.
Pugged tank: Haters gonna hate.
Me: The dk starter sword is better than your fishing pole by far. You need to equip a proper tanking weapon otherwise you won't be able to hold aggro.
Pugged tank: Whatever. I'm pulling. I don't like the look of that sword. Besides tanking with a fishing pole looks sick.
Me: Wait - are you seriously going to pull with a fishing pole? Also you should be in blood presence.
Pugged tank: You're just a dumb healer. What could you possibly know about dk tanking?
Me: A whole lot more than you ...
Pugged tank: Lmao.

Then he/she pulls.

Edit: I have edited some of the pug tank's language to be a bit less vulgar.
Edit 2: I should mention that the pugged tank's post was edited because well, they had very poor grammar, spelling, and a lot of capital letters.

Needless to say, that tank could not hold aggro. Lucky we had a ret pally that had a prot OS. The entire run was pretty much filled with the pugged tank's complaints. There was probably no chance of a boot passing since the tank had a guildie ... needless to say that guildie consistently pulled for the tank(s).

I would've created my own opportunity to stop and kick them. By letting them die.
Whisper the not-horrible dps and tell them to just hang back and let the fail whale sail. With a situation like that, I consider healing someone deliberately trolling the group, to be supporting that trolling.
90 Blood Elf Priest
Just hit 90 and qued for my first MoP heroic.

I land in Stormstout Brewery, on Hoptallus.....

DK tank at half health with purgatory debuff, 2 dps at half health, one dps DEAD and all with mass res debuff, and while I try and res the dps Hoptallus respawns on us all, and I was still in Chastise >.>

That was....fun. I do another one, get first Scarlet one. We do fine up to Harlan, and really the only failure was me. I had no idea that his Blades of Light got SO upgraded from the normal lvl 40 dungeon he now goes across the room with them >.> So I get caught, die, am a big valkyr, get ressed by tank (a new DK) and die in the second one, am a big valkyr again, and they kill him. I felt so NUB. However, a priest dps and rogue dps were friendly and chatty, they clearly knew each other and were from the same server though not the same guild.

Tank stays, get into Gate of the Setting Sun. I am wishing at this point I had peeked into the dungeon journal first >.> Let us just say I was not expecting the one boss to have fire EVERYWHERE. I didn't die that time though >.>

Tank leaves, the cool dps stay (priest has a high ilvl, so I had no competition for gear and got several upgrades :3) Get a warrior in Shado-pan which was my first time on this toon and like, third time ever in there. Tank leaves after one of the bosses, presumably because he disliked our chatty dps. Get another DK tank and finish out, and I leave the nice folks because I am tired and it is bed time.

Is it just DK tanks with absolutely ginormous health pools or do all 90 tanks have so much hp that a regular heal does next to nothing? I have just about had all DK tanks at the moment, so I wasn't sure if it was a class skewed thing >.>
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/11/2013 09:02 PMPosted by Druimeister
Yeah, um, good story but that only describes 1 out of 5 possible tank specs. It does give me something to look forward to if I decide to level a prot warrior - the only tank I don't have yet.

My guild's main tank has done it on his Druid, his Paladin, AND his undergeared DK. The only thing I haven't seen it done on is a Brewmaster.
90 Worgen Priest
I'm put healing in Utgarde Keep with a warrior tank, monk guildie , a hunter, and a mage. Hunter forgot to turn off taunting on his pet. The tank asks huntard to turn off the taunt. Huntard doesn't (isn't there some sort of bug with pet taunting not getting turned off).

The tank is slowly getting more insistent as we make our way to the first boss, but he's also pulling slow when we were slaughtering this dungeon. He pauses before the boss and continues whining, so I pull it. I was hoping he'd see that it isn't a big deal and we're doing fine. (Disc is so O.P. at that level range, I'm top DPS as the healer). That didn't work out as I hoped.

After the boss, the tank declared "I'm not going anywhere until hunter turns off taunt". He then tries to put up a kick on the hunter. Getting sick of his whining, I pop shield on my self and start smiting my way through the dungeon. Tank continues whining. Guildie is whispering how he just wants to hurry up and get out.

At the "last stretch" before the boss where we go outside, he continues with his 10th "I'm not going anywhere until the hunter leaves" and I've had enough...
Me: "Stop it. I'm tired of your complaining."
Mage: "Me too."
Me: "We have been doing fine. As you can see, we don't need your tanking."
Tank: "Yea, I've noticed"
Me: "So stop complaining and tank. Faster we finish, faster you'll be away from the mean ol' hunter."

He grumbles but gets moving. We finally finish and he drops group w/o a word. All my friend and I can say is "Wow".
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/14/2013 01:08 AMPosted by Aestyr
Is it just DK tanks with absolutely ginormous health pools or do all 90 tanks have so much hp that a regular heal does next to nothing? I have just about had all DK tanks at the moment, so I wasn't sure if it was a class skewed thing >.>

They have a higher stam to health bonus modifier than other tanks (9% from spec and another 25% from blood presence vs. just 15% for warriors). They also benefit more from more stam than other tanks, due to class abilities, so you're more likely to see one that's focused on stam.
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/14/2013 08:28 AMPosted by Nerfheals

They have a higher stam to health bonus modifier than other tanks (9% from spec and another 25% from blood presence vs. just 15% for warriors). They also benefit more from more stam than other tanks, due to class abilities, so you're more likely to see one that's focused on stam.

Ok, thanks. This is why I also want to learn to play all the tanks, knowing about tank specs is good info for healers too. And I like personal experience, it sticks on me better
90 Tauren Druid
01/14/2013 01:10 AMPosted by Tiriél

My guild's main tank has done it on his Druid, his Paladin, AND his undergeared DK. The only thing I haven't seen it done on is a Brewmaster.

The easiest time I have ever had with that fight was with a Brewmaster. I wasn't paying too much attention, but I believe they were using the Leer of the Black Ox, so the little shalings just went nuts on the statue, and everyone else could ignore them. In addition, Dampen Harm is awesomesauce.

I can't wait to start doing heroics on my Brewmaster. Last night, my guild's main tank went on his 86 Disc priest and we did the two normals available. Fun!

Although, to keep on topic, we did have an idiot warrior and an idiot mage in Temple of the Jade Serpent. The mage insisted on standing in the water for the first boss, at least until the Disc Leap of Faithed him out of it. And the warrior liked to charge things and stun them right where I didn't want to be tanking them. The worst was when he would charge the big elementals on the first phase of the first boss just as I taunted them, and stun them in the water.

Dumbass.
90 Worgen Druid
Just a minor complaint, but had a Brewmaster Monk in Heroic Scarlet Halls that was wearing a full set of greens (437) and blues (450) with the "Ghost Fox" name in every slot. The only thing not named that was his staff, which was the Heroic staff off Snowdrift in Shado-Pan Monastery.

He spiked an awful lot (not sure how a Monk's tank mechanics work, honestly", but I was able to keep him up. He did die on Harlan, and I got caught in the Blades of Light trying to brez him. : /
90 Troll Shaman
After the first trash pull where one or more DPS are dead or close to it: "Sorry, forgot RF/Blood presence/defensive stance." This happens to me a lot on my DPS toons and it drives me nuts.

A close runner-up would be, "I just hit 90 so bear with me" just before the tank proceeds to pull the entire room and is ripped to shreds like tissue paper.
90 Tauren Druid
Just a minor complaint, but had a Brewmaster Monk in Heroic Scarlet Halls that was wearing a full set of greens (437) and blues (450) with the "Ghost Fox" name in every slot. The only thing not named that was his staff, which was the Heroic staff off Snowdrift in Shado-Pan Monastery.

He spiked an awful lot (not sure how a Monk's tank mechanics work, honestly", but I was able to keep him up. He did die on Harlan, and I got caught in the Blades of Light trying to brez him. : /

Monk tanking can be spiky, if you aren't using your Chi correctly and forgetting to use your Brews. The hardest part of monk tanking for me is the very beginning of a pull. All of my damage mitigation tools require Chi, or Brew stacks, and I have to get it going the hard way, unless I have some left over from the previous pull. Since I do wait to make sure the healer is caught up and has mana, I may not have enough Chi to get Guard up right away, so may take a few nasty hits right at the beginning.

If you are healing a monk, it is a good idea to use damage mitigation CDs immediately, like Ironbark, because if they are good, once they get rolling, you won't need 'em!
Edited by Pipikaula on 1/14/2013 9:55 AM PST
90 Worgen Druid
Well he was keeping aggro fine, even with a very nicely geared Shaman in the group.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]