Thing you dont want to hear healing Pugs 10

90 Orc Death Knight
tys
01/16/2013 12:52 AMPosted by Tiriél
lol...I love the ending to that. I just wish I had a clue what ngd and nbd mean. o_O

Nbd = no big deal
90 Orc Death Knight
tys
01/15/2013 10:06 AMPosted by Aestyr
Super thank you Attackknight for being awesomely informative!!!!

On an unrelated note, a blood dk in all best in slot with stamina trinkets and stamina gems can have over 900k hp when fully buffed and flasked.
90 Blood Elf Rogue
Menchi's Lock here to clear up the Lock pet problem.

Threatening Presence is a Passive buff on the Voidwalker/Voidlord and Felguard/Wrathguard. It can be right-clicked off in the pet spellbook, but that does not take the debuff off the pet. The Lock has to resummon the pet for it not to retain the threat buff.

~Menchi

You don't have to resummon the pet. Right-clicking disables auto-cast of the ability. You also have to left-click to toggle it on/off.

It doesn't take it off the pet if you right-click it off. The pet continues to retain the Threatening Presence buff. I've had to resummon my Wrathguard every time I'm in a dungeon and he had it on prior.
100 Blood Elf Priest
01/17/2013 12:17 PMPosted by Emevoli
It doesn't take it off the pet if you right-click it off. The pet continues to retain the Threatening Presence buff. I've had to resummon my Wrathguard every time I'm in a dungeon and he had it on prior.

01/17/2013 12:17 PMPosted by Emevoli
You also have to left-click to toggle it on/off.
90 Worgen Druid
Had a Yan-Zhu the Uncasked fight in brewery that allowed me to dps with Heart of the Wild up TWICE the other night (6 min cd for those that aren't familiar). Didn't pop the first one til the second phase with all the lil' adds whan I wanted to spam hurricane. God that was a long run.
Edited by Gatoddy on 1/18/2013 9:38 PM PST
100 Human Paladin
Had a pug heroic last night with a lock tank. All guild run except for me naturally. It wasn't that bad except for aggro going everywhere on trash. They were pretty disciplined on bosses but I wish they'd said something at the start. It took me a while to clue in to why the alleged tank (actually an arms warrior) wasn't taking aggro. I whinged at them a bit on the final boss mainly because they didn't tell me and I felt annoyed that I'd had to figure it out. I kept BoPing the lock and Hand of Salving him which, if I'd known what they were attempting, I wouldn't have done.

I wish people wouldn't pull crap like this on unsuspecting pugs. Keep it in guild or give people the option of staying or going but don't pretend that it's normal or expected.
97 Night Elf Druid
"I've never done Harlan before, I can just eat blades of light right?"

So glad LFR is just as good for valor if not better.
90 Orc Shaman
I was just in an LFR, on my Druid, that blamed all the healers for the wipe.

We were on Sha, of course. We had done fairly decently up until now so I'll admit I wasn't paying as much attention to healing as I should have. Anyway... first tank get ported off to platform hell. I noticed that we didn't have the cone of protection thing up. The tank that I was sure knew what he was doing, was standing just outside it. I run up to him and ask him to get in the circle. He doesn't move. So I do it and die within 10 seconds. I ask him to do it again in raid chat, and he finally does. But, the damage had already been done. A fear or whatever they're called had gone out and most of the raid was dead.

That's when the healer blame starts with Mr. Tank being the first to say something.

Tank: I didn't get any heals. Kick all these f@##@ing healers.
Peanut Gallery: YEAH! These healers suck!
Me: You weren't in the circle. That's why we died.
Tank: KICK ALL THE HEALERS!
Peanut Gallery: YEAH! KICK THE HEALERS!
Me: Its hard to heal when you're dead. And why are we dead? BECAUSE YOU WEREN'T IN THE CIRCLE.
Me: See, I can caps lock too.

Blah blah blah, run back in, mass rez. I explain what people are supposed to do as quickly as possible. Pull boss. He dies. I leave.

I am kind of sad that none of the other healers stood up for us. We clearly weren't to blame on this wipe, so why do they just sit back and take it? I understand the fear of being kicked and all that, but this wasn't on us. We did our job.
90 Human Priest
01/16/2013 11:35 AMPosted by Aestyr
And, actually, sometimes even bad groups are fun if their attitude is ok.

... 100% agreed!
90 Worgen Warrior
*shudders* Reminds me of a fun time I had with a human male disc priest I rolled not too long ago.

The scene: LFD--Stratholme (the main entrance one with where you go into the Scarlet Crusade area at the end).

The toons: my priest (lvl 47 ish at the time), and a female human pally tank (lvl 43).
Also some dps, but they weren't really that memorable.

I zone into the run and think, "oh sweet! a pally tank! with their holy wrath ability and its ability to stun and keep undead mobs stunned for 1/3 of the pull if used on cooldown, this should be a fast and easy and fun run! ^_^ :) "

So after one pull, I see she is taking a bit more damage than she probably should, nor do I see any stunned mobs. But press on, not thinking much of it.

We get to the first left (where you need to get that one item for a quest where the guy makes a 'flavor country' ref), and, despite my spamming prayer of healing, she wipes, then we all die and we regroup, etc. We try again, this time with me spamming flash heal on her. Me and the DPS agree that maybe she should pull less. She tries, but we wipe again, PoH was apparently not strong enough. :(. Finally a wipe or two later and with her complaining that 'I only pulled one mob!' and then after that gate (the one that traps you in-- you know, forces you to kill a bunch of rats or roaches)--which she actually survived without problem and even boasted "Nothing messes with me!", we get out.

During that first pack of mobs after it, however?
I am literally spamming flash heal on GCD to keep her alive, lest I blink and cause yet another wipe. Finally one of the huge green Patchwerk-like patrol mobs comes by and, because of the HUGE amount of healing threat I'm generating, it splatters my poor priest into pulp, then the tank is shredded like paper, and then we all wipe, natch.

And this is where things. Get. Ugly.

Me (paraphrased on everyone of course--it was a good 3 weeks ago): "I was killed by a mob you didn't have agro on."
The Pally Tank: "WTF?! I HAD agro!"
Me: "Not on the mob that murdered me."
Pally Tank: "I had 4/5 agro the whole time--that's not an excuse--you have OMEN?"
Me: "Not on the mob that murdered me." (with the DPS backing me up, noting that a patrolling mob slaughtered me.)

*I inspect her only to notice something horrible--she's missing a shoulder, a helmet, two trinkets (at least, probably more). Most of her items are of white quality, and the one or two blue items she has are like, 20 or so levels below hers. Needless to say, no one defended her on this.*
Her excuse? She had a bound account or something with her BF, so when she buys items, they're useless in like 30 minutes because of the bound account experience bonus (3x she said).

(Really? Who 'buys' armor and weapons unless they're BoA heirlooms--which she had none of btw. She couldn't get her sugar da--I mean BF to send her the gold to buy her a few? They're expensive as heck, sure, but you more than get your money's worth in my experience.)

She leaves herself, after calling the whole group a failure/s***** group, and claimed to have gotten through this instance before without issue (does anyone here believe that for the least?)

Of course, I’m so pissed off by this point, I just up and leave—I didn’t even care if I got the deserter buff. That was WAY too much for me, being so new to healing. T_T
So after she whines about me "You're a s*** healer! Deal with it!" she leaves. Now, had I the thicker skin for this sort of crap, I would have called her out as a squishy failadin blast her, put her on ignore, then /gkick if she didn't leave and refuse to heal until she GFTO’s.
So yeah, kinda made me feel sorry for all the healers who had to put up with my various tanks (been tanking since I first start playing last August) before I learned what AM is and how it works, how/when to properly use cooldowns, when I’m taking too much damage, etc. ^_^;;

Needless to say, I haven’t done many pugs with my priest for a while now. :(
90 Blood Elf Priest
Her excuse? She had a bound account or something with her BF, so when she buys items, they're useless in like 30 minutes because of the bound account experience bonus (3x she said).

...I don't even understand how that's an excuse. I mean, isn't she still having to run dungeons or do quests to get that experience in the first place, even if she is leveling quickly?

I just.

What.

01/18/2013 09:56 PMPosted by Shepson

Pugs can be pretty awful (obviously, hence this series of threads), but I hope you won't let it discourage you too much...there are some occasional gems that really make you feel like what you're doing is truly worthwhile. :)

On another note...

Ran into a DK tank in Pandaland dungeons, was watching healing on Skada.

Not

a single

death strike.

Needless to say, I had fun.
Edited by Rivaeon on 1/19/2013 1:37 AM PST
90 Draenei Shaman
01/08/2013 11:28 PMPosted by Feyatia
I blame my new healing music for the awesome way I have been feeling on my priest today (Lindsey Stirling FTW)

You have converted another healer to her music :) Totally awesome
90 Blood Elf Priest
All of my damage mitigation tools require Chi, or Brew stacks, and I have to get it going the hard way, unless I have some left over from the previous pull. Since I do wait to make sure the healer is caught up and has mana, I may not have enough Chi to get Guard up right away, so may take a few nasty hits right at the beginning.

A trick I used to use on my druid tank also works with monks, as long as you don't have a trigger happy group.

While your healer is drinking if you had to stop - find a critter and jab it. There's usually spiders or beetles somewhere close that will give you chi to get guard up :) I used to use it when my rage had died and charge was in CD.
100 Human Paladin
01/18/2013 09:56 PMPosted by Shepson

This thread exists for venting about bad pugs. Some pugs are astonishingly bad and some are truly excellent. Most are in the mushy middle. Don't let the bad ones put you off. Come here, vent and move on. You never know, one day you might get a "nice heals!" out of a pug ;)*

* Why is it that you (maybe it's just me) generally get this on a run that's been pretty uneventful? I mean it's nice to be thanked and all, but honestly usually I haven't done all that much to warrant a "nice heals".
90 Draenei Priest
01/18/2013 03:10 PMPosted by Sarakatawen
I wish people wouldn't pull crap like this on unsuspecting pugs. Keep it in guild or give people the option of staying or going but don't pretend that it's normal or expected.

Right??? I don't understand why a full guild group, looking to do some kind of crazy witch-craft in a dungeon, doesn't bring their own healer. My worst group was one that said "we're just here for the mount" like I was willing to help with that and then see them all drop and not finish.

Anyway had a sort of silly one last night, I went with our normal paladin tank but he was tanking on his Brew-monk. We happened to queue in with a paladin from our server. Unfortunately pugs from our server are usually pretty bad.

The rogue is saying he's trying go gear up because no one will take him on a raid doing 30k dps. I pat the guy in sympathy.

The paladin on the other hand, my gosh. We get:

"I'm in all pvp gear because I don't wanna pve"

"I just like pvp pve is boring"

"My dps is probably low because I'm in pvp gear"

I was tired of hearing it and told him perhaps I should put on my pvp gear and heal with it then. I've done it before, pvp gear isn't really an excuse to be awful any more. He says something about heals being strong in pvp and I said "not priests".

He replies "dude heals are boss esp when the FC has a lot of resil". Yeah, resil.. makes me heal for more? Must be some new mechanic I'm not aware of.

Near the last boss he starts with just "Poooop" "Major POOOOOOP"

I tell my tank friend if it's possible I'm going to let the pally die. Unfortunately smiting is enough to keep everyone going and atonement doesn't judge. We finish and the paladin is like "let's queue again guys that was AWESOME" and queues up again. The tank leaves, I wish the rogue good luck in his gearing adventures and I leave.

The paladin continues to harass my friend about tanking more dungeons. I just sort of laugh at him because the guy didn't start with me. Sigh my server sometimes.
90 Pandaren Shaman
Just a series of things I've heard lately.

"Okay heals, I'm gonna go kitty now!" (Followed by serious face smashing from the boss.)

"My Voidwalker doesn't taunt, the tank is just bad!" (oh.)

"Why don't you just heal through blades of light and !@#$ your (censored)(censored)(censored) mouth!"

"I don't need to pick up the adds, you need to keep yourself alive!" (same tank as above.)

"Spirit helps me regen embers faster." (you don't say?)

"I mean, I know mail gear is bad for DK's but it has more stamina than my old piece so it's good, I think." (This flawless logic right here.)

"I can't make it to purple pillar in time." (A mage on normal Elegon. ...I still don't understand why he felt like he had to hump his orb to begin with, honestly, unless mages are now melee and don't have a 40 yard range.)
90 Worgen Warrior
A couple of weeks ago, I was in tanking an LFR. I got a druid. He more or less starting pulling as soon as he zoned in.

The first thing I said was "bear form" after he began the pull. I can see a DK tank using the wrong presence, warrior using the wrong stance, monk forgetting their Sturdy Ox, or a pally forgetting RF, but a druid? Kind of hard to notice that you are not a bear.

The druid did not respond. I quickly realized that something was amiss. I gear checked him while the healers were scrambling to keep him/her up. He/she was wearing intellect leather with spirit! I'm whispering, hello, you're wearing gear for a resto spec (and ungemmed/unenchanted at that), do you have proper tanking gear?

When he/she started cursing at me ... well there are times that the 30 minute deserter debuff is the lesser evil. That and I did not want to spend the next hour or so wiping until I convinced the group to kick the OT nor walk away with a hefty repair bill.

Ugh. This reminded me of a LFR instance I did with my monk tank during the first half of HoF I zone in and the MT is already dead--at the start of the instance. Not a good sign. He is rezzed and immediately pulls again--in boomkin form. After he dies again, comments of "wtf is wrong with this tank" to which he replies,
"f**k you all, I want to boomkin!"
To which I replied with: "You queued as a tank--either tank, or GTFO."
He calls me a 'n00b' and tells me to "L2P", yeah.
Sorry, but I have no sympathy for people who queue for roles they can't play or even worse, flat out refuse to play. Period.
Needless to say he was vote kicked asap, with me giving one of the needed requests.
He was called an idiot by one of the peanut gallery.
Edited by Shepson on 1/20/2013 2:08 PM PST
85 Worgen Druid
Ugh. This reminded me of a LFR instance I did with my monk tank during the first half of HoF I zone in and the MT is already dead--at the start of the instance. Not a good sign. He is rezzed and immediately pulls again--in boomkin form. After he dies again, comments of "wtf is wrong with this tank" to which he replies,
"f**k you all, I want to boomkin!"
To which I replied with: "You queued as a tank--either tank, or GTFO."
He calls me a 'n00b' and tells me to "L2P", yeah.
Sorry, but I have no sympathy for people who queue for roles they can't play or even worse, flat out refuse to play. Period.
Needless to say he was vote kicked asap, with me giving one of the needed requests.
He was called an idiot by one of the peanut gallery.

I've seen this way too many times. I've seen druid tanks switch to cat form MID-PULL and pronounce they were "tired of tanking, I want to be DPS" in a group with zero other melee toons. Almost makes me ashamed to be a druid. And just a note for those who might be reading this and consider doing the following... I don't care if you have bear form available in all druid specs, if you aren't specced for guardian = DON'T QUE AS TANK
90 Worgen Warrior
@Jestanna: Yeah, reminds me of a Gnomergan instance where I was leveling my disc priest.

I thought it was a bit weird when I noticed that our 'tank' warrior didn't have a shield. I inspect him, he's fury specced (was dual-wielding). I call him out on it and he just shamelessly responds, "I just role selected tank so I could queue faster." Needless to say he was pretty squishy (no shield, no defensive stance--didn't even TRY to hold agro). And me, being the new healer not used to being intolerant of such bs, healed him and the rest of the group the entire time. >_<

I probably could have tried to kick him but even if he wasn't continually in combat giving me the time to do it, seeing as how no one else minded (one noted the lack of defensive stance and agro, but otherwise didn't say 'boo'), it probably wouldn't have passed anyway.
Needless to say if that happens again, I won't be so nice next time.
As I said above, if you queue as a tank, either tank, or GTFO.
It was this little bit of fun (and the 2-3 wipes literally right after the other) in the LFR above, that gives me zero tolerance and sympathy for people who pull that s**t.
Edited by Shepson on 1/20/2013 3:12 PM PST
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]