Thing you dont want to hear healing Pugs 10

90 Blood Elf Priest
Landed in a Heroic Scarlet Monastery with 3 guildies and a poor random Mage. They had killed the first boss and were in the hallway before the fountain/courtyard. Upon zoning in, the Paladin says, "I'm going to tank, okay?"Directed at me, and I see he's marked as dps for the dungeon, and the actual tank is his guildie. I ask if this is why the last healer left and he confirmed.

Not sure if the guy had started tanking it from the start, but if so, I can see why the previous heals left. The guy couldn't LoS to save his life. He pulled the whole front of the first courtyard (where the 2nd sword is) trying to grab the two caster mobs on the left hitting a dummy. That's a wipe. Korloff goes very slow, but nothing hard. We go into the cathedral and the tank runs to the right and grabs some mobs. Unfortunately, he attracts the attention of the whole right side and a group in the middle, so we're getting swarmed now. Tank dies, but I'm able to just barely pull through. No complaints, other than him complaining that the dungeon was like his bane or something.

Whitemane goes fine and I get no loot for my adventure.
90 Draenei Priest
Random bgs today. "Hey guys I'll heal at stables"

Died, over and over and over to chain CC. Rogue/Hunter. Spriest/warlock. Mage/shaman. I haven't felt so useless in a while now, my gosh. I'm so glad they are reverting those nerfs to improved counterspell and cyclone, btw. So glad. Sigh.
90 Human Priest
Started Working on a resto Druid not too long ago (as I am bound and determined to experience every healing class at max level). Anyway, I end up in Gnomeregan with a dps monk. First off, our tank went off to go kill Grubbis and the monk just stands at teh begining for a while, then jumps off the side (no chute) and dies... twice. Finally figures out where we are and catches up to us. Once we start the event for Grubbis he runs off again and says, "Wrong way." To which I simply reply, "Nope." After that we all jump down to continue and this monk goes into serpent stance and starts healing the tank! After I ask if I can please do my job and he does his I get this conversation
Monk: "But healing is so much fun!"
Me: "Then maybe you should que healer next time"
Monk: "I did"
Me: "Well you obviously qued as heals or DPS"
Monk: "Yeah, cause the wait time was really long for healers and I didn't want to wait that long"
Monk: "Besides, two healers is better than one"
Me: "First off, this is a lowbie, faceroll dungeon so we barely need ONE healer, second if you're going to que as heals and DPS, you need to stick with the job you are given. I ONLY que heals because that's what I like to do. Now if you don't mind, let me do what I waited half an hour for..."

I know this was just a baby dungeon but still... it's the ignorant mindset of people and the thought of "Oh God, he's probably going to do this at higher levels too >.>"
90 Human Priest
I know I need at least a break from healing if not being done for the night when I get into a 5 man, see a DPS immediately start face tanking a mob then run out of LOS and my first thought is "Eh whatever".

Then I go back to healing the tank figuring the mob will go back once the DPS has died.

I think I may have reached my quota for stupidity for today. Especially since I can't exactly out heal it in my gear right now.

Though I did have a great first boss pull in Siege. Wasn't the tanks fault at all. Some DPS managed to run around and aggro the trash we didn't pull then bring it back to us. We didn't wipe but I was tapped at the end of that little foray.

Edit: I just went to read up more about the third boss in Siege. First time around lost the tank even with flash heal spam due to everything eating him and me. Second time around I died on second wave with a Brez from a nice DK tank. And I had to flash heal spam her to keep her alive also before that.

Now I know. Grrr. I watched the DPS throw bombs at the boss when they should have been coming our way. Great.
Edited by Calamai on 1/26/2013 8:51 PM PST
90 Human Priest
On a side note, a great healing experience I had was in Heroic Gate of the Setting Sun.

I'm believe everyone was new to this instance and probably just hit Heroic iLvl (I had the highest HP, didn't inspect to make sure though). So I had to walk them through the boss fights.

We only wiped once on the second to last boss, and only because our tank DC'd mid fight. Unfortunately when he came back he was stuck at the beginning of the instance with no way to us. Not wanting to just reque the dungeon I ask our DK if he thinks he could tank this fight so our actual tank could meet us for the final boss.

He was hesitant (don't think he'd tanked before either), but I convinced him to try it. He went BP and pulled.

We 4-manned that boss with no one dropping below 75% health, met up with our tank, and finished up with no problems. :D

Long story short, just because one person, or even everyone but you, is new to the instance, or even heroics, doesn't necessarily mean you'll have a bad experience. I'd actually qualify that as one of my best groups. :)
90 Human Paladin
01/27/2013 04:25 AMPosted by Shyri
Long story short, just because one person, or even everyone but you, is new to the instance, or even heroics, doesn't necessarily mean you'll have a bad experience. I'd actually qualify that as one of my best groups. :)

Its really funny. When i get completely new tanks or just tanks new to a dungeon that will actually listen to me, i find the tanks to be much MUCH better than the ones that have done it a million times before. And i honestly believe that its because when you are new (or at least when normal people are new) they take it more carefully and are also more open for advice.

Any ways, on topic here. Had the dumbest reason for a kick i have ever seen.

Was leveling up a new pally as a dps (i love pallys, sue me) and we got the wicked grotto from Maraudon. The comp was a priest healer, me, two other dps, and a tank. Everything goes fine untill we get to the satyr. Out of no where the priest starts to physic scream the satyrs. The tank then, for a good reason, gets upset and tells who ever is fearing them to stop it, because he didn't know who it was. Then the priest pipes up and says "Its the pally".
I reject right away and say that it was infact the priest's physic scream. And for some reason the tank decides to side with the priest. Even though the only fear i had was channeled and single target, while the fears were aoe and instant. I then present a crap ton of facts of why it is not me thinking that the tank would listen to reason, >.> silly me. the priest continuously denies everything i say so far as to saying that she has no clue what psychic scream even was. this goes on for a while, the priest fearing, then blaming me, then me saying i didn't do it, then the tank yelling at me to stop even though im not doing anything, all the way to the last boss. And what does the guilty priest do? votes to kick me, with everyone agreeing.

*tears out hair*
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I find it interesting that the majority of my terrible, terrible groups are when I'm healing on my priest. I also find that I don't have the patience for stupidity that I do when I'm tanking.

On my DK, I think I'm one of those tanks in dungeons that most healers hate, because I face pull whole rooms. I don't die, because I know what and where, have keybound and use all my defensive cd's in order and manage my deathstrikes fairly well if not optimally. Recently, I have pulled the whole corridor and room (except dogs) preceding weaponmaster after leaving my healer behind at the elevator boss in MP, and have told my healers to not heal or rez dps because they were simply a waste of time and I can out dps all 3 of them in Scholo. Maybe DK's are OP, but I know my limits and aren't scared to take some cool risks to prove to others or myself that I don't always need a healer or dps.

Despite all that, I always focus-target my healer. I watch their mana, spellcasting and targets to see what they're doing, if they're bored or struggling, and tailor most of my pulls to accommodate their ability. I will never rush my healer, and will always side with them unless they are truly being stupid, which is exceedingly rare; usually being a dps masquerading as a healer. Nothing bothers me as long as my healer is good, and it's very rare that I even need a healer.

When I'm on my priest however, it's like I lose all my calm and patience and level-headedness and turn into a raging yelling-at-my-computer-mind-choking-my-party-members type. I heal well and have saved a number of situations that should have been wipes in my time, but much more so than when I'm tanking, I will give up and simply let people die who are being stupid. I won't explain fights unless I'm explaining to the tank. Sometimes I will blow everything to salvage a pull, sometimes I will simply cast a half-hearted PoM/CoH/DS combo, click my portrait and leave. Often I will simply leave the group if I think it's unsalvageable in the middle of a trash/boss fight that's going bad. I will nearly always let someone die who's standing in fire especially if I've already gripped them once, and I never heal warlocks that lifetap AT ALL unless I see them harvest souls directly after. So many things annoy me when I'm healing that I shrug off when I'm tanking.

I don't understand it. I enjoy healing but I don't think I have the personality for it or something.
Edited by Ashpridesin on 1/27/2013 9:30 PM PST
100 Tauren Druid
Not healing, but I saw the strangest thing in MSP the other day. I'm leveling my warlock so I can gain access to the faction-gated enchanting/tailoring items (free greater spellthreads!!).

Run went ... normal. A hunter got kicked for doing DPS that was piss-poor, but that happens. Get to Xin's chamber.

Tank: "I'm going to pull to the door"

And that's exactly what he did. Heroic Throw, and then booked it all the way across the room, into the tiny box next to the door.

Still scratching my head as to why you'd pull a boss that does a frontal cone of damage into a tiny space, while causing about 15 seconds of deadtime where no one can touch the boss because he's being dragged across a football field sized room.
100 Blood Elf Priest
01/28/2013 10:22 AMPosted by Kerranggaroo
Still scratching my head as to why you'd pull a boss that does a frontal cone of damage into a tiny space, while causing about 15 seconds of deadtime where no one can touch the boss because he's being dragged across a football field sized room.

You can strafe out of the cone without ever moving the boss, and it's one of the safer spots to be once the room fills up with all the weapons.

I don't bother, myself, since dodging the stuff out in the open isn't *that* hard.
90 Blood Elf Priest
01/28/2013 10:53 AMPosted by Nerfheals

You can strafe out of the cone without ever moving the boss, and it's one of the safer spots to be once the room fills up with all the weapons.

I don't bother, myself, since dodging the stuff out in the open isn't *that* hard.

What I find annoying is when I ASK whether the tank is going to tank in the room or the door and they do not respond. Just wanted to know where to plop my lightspring, is typing ONE WORD before pulling that hard? Last time a tank did this he did pull to the door but no one knew that and damage was all over while the boss was moving, no one knew what was going on and it ended up boss and tank in the door and the other dps out in the room near the door so I had to stand in the room too to heal them -_-
90 Human Priest
01/28/2013 10:22 AMPosted by Kerranggaroo
I saw the strangest thing in MSP

I've seen that once before too. Didn't seem that helpful, dps just had less room to dodge circles.

uh... a story? hm
Just got my holy paladin to 90, run some heroics. Second one I get is scarlet halls, at Harlan. I ended up leaving after 6 wipes. Maybe some of it was my fault, at 428-ish ilvl and no-idea-what-im-doing. However... this warrior tank was in 450-463 blues and made no effort to control the adds, never used shield block or barrier. When dps or myself weren't getting mauled by adds, HoP and BL excepted, the tank was in danger of getting 2 shot.
90 Pandaren Monk
"Tank, go!"

"Waiting for healer"

DPS pulls the group, DPS dies, tank picks up and prevents a wipe.

Love these tanks, hate those GOGOGOGOGO DPS. Patience is a lost virtue.
56 Worgen Druid
Started Working on a resto Druid not too long ago (as I am bound and determined to experience every healing class at max level). Anyway, I end up in Gnomeregan with a dps monk. First off, our tank went off to go kill Grubbis and the monk just stands at teh begining for a while, then jumps off the side (no chute) and dies... twice. Finally figures out where we are and catches up to us. Once we start the event for Grubbis he runs off again and says, "Wrong way." To which I simply reply, "Nope." After that we all jump down to continue and this monk goes into serpent stance and starts healing the tank! After I ask if I can please do my job and he does his I get this conversation
Monk: "But healing is so much fun!"
Me: "Then maybe you should que healer next time"
Monk: "I did"
Me: "Well you obviously qued as heals or DPS"
Monk: "Yeah, cause the wait time was really long for healers and I didn't want to wait that long"
Monk: "Besides, two healers is better than one"
Me: "First off, this is a lowbie, faceroll dungeon so we barely need ONE healer, second if you're going to que as heals and DPS, you need to stick with the job you are given. I ONLY que heals because that's what I like to do. Now if you don't mind, let me do what I waited half an hour for..."

I know this was just a baby dungeon but still... it's the ignorant mindset of people and the thought of "Oh God, he's probably going to do this at higher levels too >.>"

I swear the exact same thing happened to me in the exact same dungeon. Was leveling my shaman when our monk decided he wanted to heal.

I asked him why he was in Mistweaver spec.

He said, "I'm healing!"

I said, "No, I'm the healer."

He then realized he was DPS and admitted his mistake. He went tiger stance and we continued. However I heard him switch back to serpent for some reason at one point. I just let it roll off and finished the dungeon.
90 Blood Elf Priest
By tanking Xin in the small area right in front of the door, you actually avoid half of the traps in the room.
90 Human Priest
01/28/2013 07:58 PMPosted by Buffyria
By tanking Xin in the small area right in front of the door, you actually avoid half of the traps in the room.

This - it's a huge difference. The easiest healing wise is against one of the pillars by where the boss is or all the way in the back. Both have been a cinch to heal.

Tanks who just do it wherever - well I normally lose someone. The big plus to having him the back is that no one out ranges me healing wise since people are stacked. Makes popping my big bubble to shelter the group if need be that much easier, though it's almost never necessary if tanked in the back.
90 Pandaren Priest
01/28/2013 07:58 PMPosted by Buffyria

The traps are pretty easy to avoid, unless everyone has been drinking.

When I tank, I don't pull him back because someone always refuses to let me kite him and then even if I taunt it back the traps are up by the time I have agro again.

It would be fine if the DPS who stole agro was on the same page and knew where to kite him, I could grab agro back there. But no, they are running around like their hair is on fire expecting me to chase them around.

As far as healing that instance, I really don't care where the tank lands him, as long as it is not on the platform.
90 Pandaren Shaman
So I wasn't healing this one, but it still isn't something I ever ever want to hear a tank say ever again:

"LOS is bad for tanks."

We were in the last room in Brewery. That pull with all the little alementals. I suggested we LOS. Then the healer seconded it. Got that little gem in reply:

http://i.imgur.com/3Q7ZE0e.png

Tank spent the rest of the run berating my DPS (which I know isn't amazing, but I think it's decent, especially for a fresh 90) and the healer spent the dungeon whispering me that the tank was a moron who was stacking stam and haste (the stam I get, the haste I don't).

Breaking LOS with your healer is bad for tanks... but LOSing a big group of casters so that they clump up for easy AOEing? That's good. That's most assuredly very very good.
Edited by Garofalo on 1/30/2013 9:28 AM PST
90 Orc Shaman
01/30/2013 09:27 AMPosted by Garofalo
and the healer spent the dungeon whispering me that the tank was a moron who was stacking stam and haste (the stam I get, the haste I don't).

Prot Paladins actually value Haste as a tanking stat now. The Stam stacking, though, is still dumb.
96 Human Priest
Last night, Mogu'shan Palace...

We're clearing the trash to the second boss. We get the group right off the hallway and things are going fine until I see this in chat from the tank (a bear): "crap guys, tab target fail."

I had no clue what he meant until I see a swarm of mobs coming up to take the place of the group we just killed. We have health dropping everywhere and I'm tossing out heals like crazy, even blowing Shadowfiend at one point. I'm wondering if the tank was chain pulling or something b/c it seemed like the swarm of mobs never ends.

We manage to make it through just as I was close to being OOM and then I see this in chat from the mage in our group: "who the **** pulled the boss?!?"

Yeah, there was a boss fight and I didn't even know.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]