Thing you dont want to hear healing Pugs 10

90 Blood Elf Paladin
I like this thread!

I had an experience with a friend in Scarlet Monastery (again!). We're at Harlan. Tank is a Monk friend of mine, dps is a hunter, warrior and mage.

We wipe the first time cause the DPS all stand in the crap.

Second time, the tank and I notice that Harlan's buff is getting *ridiculously* high. It's 70+ and climbing. I am blowing all my cooldowns to keep the tank alive. Avenging Wrath, Divine Favor, Guardian, etc. Harlan is up to 80 stacks and it is increasing by the second. This tank's HP bar was flying all over the place as I was throwing out Eternal Flames and Divine Light casts from my Holy Shock procs.

In the end, I simply couldn't keep up. But we managed to live until Harlan had 85 stacks which I had to at least pat myself on the back for. We ended up having to do him a couple more times before we downed him.

Harlan has a stacking buff?
90 Tauren Druid
Anyone else sick of idiot tanks chain pulling LFR? The whole group ignores every single boss mechanic forcing me to 14M heals on first boss and we dont even leave combat before the next trash. Then i yell about it and DPS says "lol ur bad", "you dont need mana in LFR", and telling me to shut up or get vote kicked but they cant bc the tank never leaves combat. This has happened twice now.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Just had a fun one in Mogu'shan Palace where the tank didn't speak much english. We had a belf monk that felt the need to pull all the mobs because the tank was going at a slow pace. The tank calls him on this and the priest tells him to stop not pulling. I'm not talking because I just want my 80 valor but what happened next is the first bad experience I've had healing.

We're running down the ramps to fight Gekkan and the priest pulls him when we're still fighting with the trash pack before the stairs into his room yay The monk goes down within 10 seconds into the fight because I'm shocked more then anything because I've never seen this fight go wrong. I toss my lights hammer down and pop my wings and divine favor macro thinking ok I'll just burst heal it while the dps burns the adds. I was WRONG :(

The fight went on for 7 minutes and 44 seconds because the dps wern't killing the mobs that heal the boss and I've gone through all my cd's by now I'm on 60k mana and useing my trinket and divine plea on cd and I've used lights hammer 7 times now and popped wings twice.

We didn't wipe and the tank left saying the group sucked while the dps called me a champ because we lived. I think I'm done with dungeons for today.
90 Pandaren Shaman
11/07/2012 12:40 PMPosted by Csonka
Anyone else sick of idiot tanks chain pulling LFR? The whole group ignores every single boss mechanic forcing me to 14M heals on first boss and we dont even leave combat before the next trash. Then i yell about it and DPS says "lol ur bad", "you dont need mana in LFR", and telling me to shut up or get vote kicked but they cant bc the tank never leaves combat. This has happened twice now.

Ive had this happen. Ive also had a group where I had to burn every single Cooldown I have to keep people alive on a Mob. By the time that was over, every healer was out of mana. And the tanks pulled the boss right after
90 Worgen Warrior
Running my monk through the Sunken Temple range. Got a group last night with a pally tank, a shadow priest, and... two other DPS who were, apparently, forgettable.

The tank started off by running left, then right, then left again, aggroing random packs (as in, just proximity, not actually doing anything) before he finally used an ability or two to grab a couple of them, then ran around some more. Big, messy pull, with people spread out fighting different groups. Had to roll around to get in range of someone, heal for a bit, then roll back.

Get that all down and we take off in the general direction of the first boss, and start fighting a pack. Which cues the tank to suddenly take off toward the dungeon entrance. To pick up quests. Which isn't a problem, because he never had threat on anything anyway.

This goes on through the two frost serpents. Just as we're killing the second serpent, the tank says (in /s) "Obama won." Brief discussion with the spriest, who's Canadian, while killing the serpent boss. I think the pally might have actually attacked it once or twice.

The path to the second boss is a repeat of the beginning of the dungeon. Pally started heading toward end boss, other members toward the second boss, near deaths before people get back together and inform the pally we can't kill him yet. Spriest finally asks pally why he's not attacking anything. The answer: /s Obama won.

At which point the priest just started tanking everything. The pally DCed, came back for a while, and then dropped group. We got another pally tank right as we were engaging the last boss, and he didn't even make it in range before we killed it.

Just... WTF.
90 Orc Shaman
I like this thread!

I had an experience with a friend in Scarlet Monastery (again!). We're at Harlan. Tank is a Monk friend of mine, dps is a hunter, warrior and mage.

We wipe the first time cause the DPS all stand in the crap.

Second time, the tank and I notice that Harlan's buff is getting *ridiculously* high. It's 70+ and climbing. I am blowing all my cooldowns to keep the tank alive. Avenging Wrath, Divine Favor, Guardian, etc. Harlan is up to 80 stacks and it is increasing by the second. This tank's HP bar was flying all over the place as I was throwing out Eternal Flames and Divine Light casts from my Holy Shock procs.

In the end, I simply couldn't keep up. But we managed to live until Harlan had 85 stacks which I had to at least pat myself on the back for. We ended up having to do him a couple more times before we downed him.

I had a double-take on that too, but he does.

Berserker Rage
Instant
Enter a furious rage. Every 3 seconds you will gain 4% damage.
90 Pandaren Monk
Last I checked, his Berserker Rage could be dispelled, and one dispel took away 8-10 stacks of the buff.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I had a double-take on that too, but he does.

Berserker Rage
Instant
Enter a furious rage. Every 3 seconds you will gain 4% damage.

Hrrr. Well there you go. Usually isn't a DPS check.
90 Pandaren Shaman
11/08/2012 03:08 PMPosted by Faeiri
Last I checked, his Berserker Rage could be dispelled, and one dispel took away 8-10 stacks of the buff.

Yea, 1 Trang shot from my hunter takes away 10 stacks of that Buff
Edited by Shammyren on 11/9/2012 8:01 AM PST
90 Pandaren Monk
Leveling a lowbie hunter alt, got into a group where I just felt for the healer. We zone into Stratholme main gate. Tank a brewmaster is already pulling before the healer has even moved. His guildie but not the healer is apparently a mistweaver who manages to barely save him until the healer finishes zoning in. Tank is acting like he will have to delete his account if this run isn't finished in the shortest amount of time humanly possible. He's chain pulling stupid amounts of trash and rolling away from the healer and out of los constantly.

Get to the Fras Siabi quest, which we are all on and we open the box to spawn the boss but the tank is literaly 300 yards away at this point, 3 man it down as the mistweaver dps and brewmaster bite the dust, but apparently the healer still had a hot rolling when he went into combat so half the instance charges at us and wipes us.

Get back in and rez. Tank again charges off like a maniac. He dies several more times leading up to the scarlet area from his own idiocy of pulling. At one point the rogue dies from pulling an abomination that patted into us off the healer, tank continues on and dies while we are trying to rez him. Whenever a mob aggros to anyone he simply moves on leaving us to deal with it and subsequently ends up dying. He skips all quest objectives (unforgiven, risen hammersmith) despite being on the quests himself /boggle. Kill cannon master wiley and the tank runs up the hall while rolling so nobody can match his speed. He pulls all of the next hall after opening the door and continues on pulling all the way up to the archivist, which is A LOT, even if the healer was there there's no way he could have survived it. So he dies, his mistweaver guildie dies, healer dies, i feign death and rogue vanishes.

We rez and the tank exclaims, "APPREMTLY, WE HAVE A SH*TTY HEALER". I calmly inform him that no, "actually a terrible tank." His guildie desperate to be relevant chimes in, "terrible hunter imo." You know cause all I've done this entire run is save the healer over and over again from the tank's poor play with my poor beetle who has died 20+ times. So I said, "You would think you would have learned after the third death not to run off and die like a moron." He basically wishes for my death irl and begins shouting obscenities. I quickly vote to kick him reason: retarded. It passes and I think his guildie is in shock because he requeues us, you can see him pause and realize what happened and then drops group about 45 seconds later. While waiting for replacements I assure the healer there was nothing he could have done, the tank was determined to die. He had no situational awareness when the healer was getting beaten on and zero concept of how much he could handle. We get a new tank and dps and finish the run easily and /gasp quickly with him pulling reasonably.

It's funny those tanks like this that are determined to run as fast as possible but just end up wasting time with death and wipe recovery.
90 Pandaren Shaman
I'm fairly certain that if you are unfortunate enough to have extremely terrible DPS, and the fight drags on forever and ever, Harlan will begin to move much faster during Blades of Light, each time moving more and more quickly.

I had a run of this a few days ago where the DPS was all really bad, and then of course all eventually died to Blades. The tank and I kept plugging away at it, and I could do very little damage outside of totems due to the huge damage incoming on the tank from Harlan and approximately 858575 adds.

Maybe I was having some kind of delirious nightmare but his Blades started going ZOOOOOOOOOOOM faster than the speed of light. We miraculously managed to down it (and get the Mosh Pit achieve :P) by the skin of our teeth via dots/totems because the tank and I finally couldn't outrun Blades and both died from it. The boss died from dots during Blades and we all got credit.

That was a long story.
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/07/2012 01:56 PMPosted by Shammyren

Ive had this happen. Ive also had a group where I had to burn every single Cooldown I have to keep people alive on a Mob. By the time that was over, every healer was out of mana. And the tanks pulled the boss right after

Yeah. I have seen this happen twice on the last mob before Will of the Emperor. Bad pull, healers out of mana, people still being rezzed and tank punches the button to start the fight...
90 Tauren Druid
Queued for my daily Gate of the Setting Sun last night. One of these days I will get my healy mace.

All guild group. Tank was fine.

But why is that Warlock face pulling everything?

"I do more DPS this way"

Stuck it out just because I really want that mace.
So I'm tanking regular Mogu'shan Palace. It's only my third time doing the dungeon, but it's the FIRST time anyone bothered to explain !@#$ to meso I'm frikin happy. (The healer, being from Wyrmrest Accord, is showing me around. That server has the nicest people.)

So some impatient DK keeps running ahead and trying to tank, because God forbid I waste his time getting quest items, geesh. I let him tank what he wants, since it doesn't matter on trash. But then ...

On the last boss, the heals say "wait up" again, and explain that tanking him on the doorway will be easier. As we're debating this, the wannabe tank goes up and taunts the guy ... Normally I would taunt a boss off right away, but I'm laughing, and I wanna see how long he lasts. I watch him take five hits ... six ... and I taunt, timing it perfectly to leave the DK almost dead.

Laughing, I slowly guide Mr. Xin back to the doorway, and it turns out to be really easy because the ground effects happen in the same predictable spot every time, and the DPS have plenty of open ground to stand behind the boss. And we get a perfect kill. /smugface
Another one -- healing on my disco priest, in Temple of the Jade Serpent. We have a monk tank who takes a ton of damage. Not more than I can handle, mind you, it's just I don't normally have to use PW:S at all, and this guy needs it a lot.

Then this conversation happens ...
Tank: lol DK you're really bad at this game.
Tank: So. baaaaaad.
<posts DPS meter> <people lol>
Warlock: really? just shut up dude
Me: You're kind of taking a lot of damage yourself, you know.
Me: Not that I'm complaining, I can handle it, just saying.
Tank: This is DPS gear
Me: I'll let you know when I care about your gear.

..... I know for a fact that monks and druids use the same gear and stats as their DPS counterparts. I mean, it's not like leather has dodge or parry on it. I also know that good AM usage makes up for bad gear. In fact, saying "This is DPS gear sorry" is really saying "I don't know how to tank."

Tank drops group.

Me: ..... :(
DK: i'm new to the game sorry if my dps is low
Warlock: don't feel bad, he was a scrub.
Me: :)
Me: DPS doesn't matter in leveling dungeons, don't worry. Just don't stand in gunk so much.

We wait, get another monk tank, and finish the last two bosses in style. :D
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/09/2012 08:01 AMPosted by Shammyren

Yea, 1 Trang shot from my hunter takes away 10 stacks of that Buff

And our hunter died on the first whirlwind while no one else in the group could get rid of it. And then when he was alive, he wasn't Tranq shooting until we told him to.
1 Night Elf Druid
11/07/2012 12:12 PMPosted by Radiantlight

Ohhhhh jeeezus yes. It got up to 100 stacks with just me and the tank up this eve... ended up wiping at like 1% because the tank died and he just turned around and clobbered me.
90 Troll Priest
Temple of the Jade Serpent. 4 guild members. STOOD IN ALL THE WATER, STOOD IN 2 PUDDLES AT ONCE. I'm sitting here doing 60k HPS can't keep them alive, then when the boss gets pulled I start smitting the elementals. All 4 of them stop DPSing but the tank ocassionally tanking so I kept getting aggro. THEY WERE DANCING. Then they couldn't avoid ANYTHING after the elementals, I was trying for the achievement so I wasn't gonna get hit just to heal them. One died even after I casted PW:S on them. Ugh, I hate those kinds of people who try to make everything hard on a healer.

Edit: Also, they weren't really DPSing the boss so I gave up on the achievement and started smiting again. I should've left after they pulled the boss so they could just die.
Edited by Lollipop on 11/9/2012 9:52 PM PST
90 Tauren Paladin
Stratholme: Main Gate - Scarlet Area

Monk tank runs in, straight to the stairs!!! He does not even worry about the groups he just passed, he still has an eternal flame tick going his way from my healing someone else.

All the groups he passed beeline it straight for me, knocking me back out of the gate.

I get up and dust myself off, run in and try to heal the tank while being pummeled by 4 melee, 3 casters and couple of elemental familiars.

Tank dies in a bloody grotesque way, hunter dismisses his pet and calls out an ape, druid in group pops bear, and they both proceed to mop up the mess the tank left with ignoring groups, and not picking up aggro.

Monk Tank: how come you let me die?
(rest of group in no particular order before I can even reply):
Your healer was being pounded to death.
You can not hold aggro.
Ignoring mobs is bad.
Your gear is 20 to 30 levels below your level. (Kid you not he was wearing a level 12 chest and leg piece)
Now quit crying and run back in.

First time I have had DPS stand up for me, and not blame me for a bad run, most of the times they side with the tank, and all i get is L2H noob, or ranked down on.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]