Thing you dont want to hear healing Pugs 10

90 Draenei Priest
Healing on my druid, got Slave Pens. DK/DK/Paladin/feral. I'm watching recount and the paladin hasn't done damage for the last few trash packs, I start watching him and he's on AF with the tank. I just went ahead and let him die.

The entire group notices he's doing nothing when I mention it, after the paladin says "how could I do anything I was dead?". Yeah, you got dead after several minutes of AFing, nice try though.

I pointed out that I let him die 'on purpose, you know' because I don't carry anyone in my groups. The guy picks it up and starts doing dps, ok good.

We got 3 of the 4 quests down when the tank, who has demanding people get to his point "right fing now" repeatedly, tells me to hurry up and get to him or he's leaving. The dungeon is already done, so I tell him to leave then. He says a bunch of rude things and points out he's helping me to get that quest and basically to move my fing butt.

I exit/reenter the dungeon, watch him die and leave. I don't do 1) AFers or botters or 2) demanding people.
Edited by Ocyla on 11/10/2012 5:43 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm just going to go ahead and add anything involving LFR Garalon.
90 Worgen Druid
DPS pulling less than was average in dungeons during Cata sure make things interesting.
Q'd alone for a random and ended up in SM. We clean up all the trash quickly and down Thalanos at which point our DK tank bails, complaining about the damage.

It took another 15 mins and two more boss fights (both of which I was #2 on damage) for the S. Priest to finally surpass the overall damage of the DK that left 5 mins in (1% more), and the hunter in the group was still below him by about 1%. At least the Ret Paladin knew what he was doing. Good lord that made for some long trash fights XD

I could have bailed myself so I can't really complain, I just think that story's funny.

I can't imagine how painful the rep grind would be with damage that low.....
Edited by Gatoddy on 11/11/2012 8:26 AM PST
90 Pandaren Monk
I'll admit, I'm one of the trolly dps at times. Especially when it's me on my shadow priest, with our rogue, hunter, and holy priest friend. Note that we're all raid geared on those toons, and just run heroics to cap.

We usually specific queue for Scarlet Monastery and Scholomance on purpose...

Just so I can halo entire rooms while the rogue uses tricks and the hunter MDs..

onto our holy priest.

Yes, we go out of our way to see how many times we can kill her each run. Bets usually run for how often she'll curse and/or growl at us.

I got bonus points once for running all the way back to the room with the butchers for the quest item.. Fearing everything, grabbing the book and booking it back in time to halo and pull all the students. The tank was too busy laughing to realize what happened. When we explained, he offered to do some random with us, cause he liked our style.
90 Draenei Priest
Queued with a guildie and got Scarlet Halls, monk tank. The guy was ridiculously squishy so for the first time in a while I had to drink between pulls and use Mindbender almost on CD.

The thing that made it outstanding though was he kept sniping at the rogue who said he hadn't been there before with "OMFG" and "attack the boss derp" and more "OMFG"'s to no one in particular.

During the Harlan fight the rogue got caught in the whirlwind and died and the tank had time to type out something mocking to him. I couldn't even keep the tank up with flash healing and avoided one death by throwing GS on him when I knew I couldn't outheal that upcoming death. But at the end I was OOM and he died.

Tired of him ragging on everyone else I said "Tank you sure talk a lot of smack for someone so squishy".

"read up on monk tanks noob how about that?" he said, and ran into the next room, pulled a mess and left party.

I kept us up for a short period but being very low after that fight didn't help and he got us all killed. Jerk. Of course that probably wouldn't have happened if I said nothing, but don't put up with attitudes like that on harmless dps (or whatever role), period.
90 Tauren Druid
I just had one of *those* guild groups; Scarlet Halls.

3/5 guild group, Monk, Dk tank, Pally; me and Mage were pugs.

Right off the bat I notice the tank is having threat issues....as in, I get healing aggro, and it takes him FOREVER to peel off me. Doing the archer gauntlet, I am keeping LB up like I always do, tank gets to the end, drops the shield, and all of the mobs beeline for me with the tank chasing after them. He peels 1-2, and the DPS each get one until the monk does SCK, gets them all, and becomes to defacto tank for the rest of the fight.

First boss goes down ok, and the next few rooms were near chaos; I had aggro for almost every pull...lovely.

Then we get to Harlan; first adds, I am up near the door, they beeline for me, I jump down, tank runs up the Opposite stair and just misses the adds on me, all while the boss is hitting him in the back. Then on the first blades of light everyone but me gets caught in it, and there is no way in hell Tranq can heal them; its a wipe, so I just stop.

Second attempt, same thing, adds beating on me, retadin and mage get caught in blades again, both die. BR the mage, who then dies to the next baldes. By this point ,I have 5-6 adds beating on me while I am standing Next to the tank...he has 2 on him and seems content to just let the six stay on me. Next two adds go for me, monk tries being helpful, peels them with SCK, tries to get the into the blades, gets caught himself, he dies, tank gets caught in blades somehow, he dies; adds and Harlan eat my face.

Third attempt; mage dies asap to the blades; fight goes almost exactly like the second apart from that; monk dies trying to help me again, tank gets caught in blades, I manage to save him by going nuts on cooldowns; but he bites it from the boss because I spent so much time trying to save him, I couldn't dispel the boss. Retadin and I die seconds later.

Vote kick comes up for the Mage, reason "idiot"; I vote no, because frankly, the mage was the least of our problems; it fails but the mage leaves anyway; get a new mage.

Fourth attempt, new mage survives first blades, dies to second; adds are eating my face again, I tell them to kill the adds, they ignore it, and by the end I have to pop Tree + NV + Tranq and spam RG on myself to stay alive(at least a dozen adds on me) and the boss dies a moment later.

Rest of the dungeon goes ok, save one near wipe in the room with the coin throwers(I AM NOT A TANK WHEN HEALING DAMMIT! >.<) but we don't because I know my abilities well; clear the place; you'd think I went through all that for the epic ring....but it doesn't even drop.
90 Draenei Priest
Heroic Jade Serpent, not much to comment about the run until the end. Had a Paladin in holy DPSing which was odd, but I was in a pretty chilled out mood and just ran with it.

At the end of the dungeon, pally starts clicking on the Seeds of Doubt, which are for the achievement on the final boss. It gives a debuff that increases damage taken, and does a large amount of damage to the whole party. You have to activate four of them then kill the boss to get the achievement. They hadn't mentioned that they wanted the achievement and when I saw the stacks coming on, I thought how very rude it was. So right as they are going for the third of the four, I give them the old life grip yoink, and the seeds fade before they can get back to them.

Boss dies, pally is complaining. I just said its rude to attempt achievements in LFR without saying something first, and left the group.
100 Night Elf Druid
Levelling a monk healer. The toolkit is laughably small in the early stages. 1 single target heal until level 30 is neither challenging nor fun but I'm hopeful that some of the spells I see coming in later levels will redeem the class. Anyways...
[...]
I keep the rest of them alive once I'm actually alive again and the tank drops group with a parting flounce "Fail monk! Stop queuing as a healer!".

Luckily we got a perfectly capable prot paladin after that and the rest of the dungeon went without incident.

I've gotten that before on a sub-30 monk when I tell them "Guys, you can't pull crap like that, I've only got one heal!" Trying to explain to them that no, it's the class, and yes I'm actually healing spec but it's just that poorly designed does little to help. A skilled sub-30 monk can usually handle a whole heck of a lot with just that one heal, because it's a pretty meaty heal, but you can't be as reckless as if you were with another class healing.

11/06/2012 12:22 PMPosted by Oboron
Rattlegore: The Warrior tank had no idea what I meant when I told him to start kiting the boss at 10 stacks. He went down after the boss hit 20 stacks. The Kitty pondered this for a second, went bear form, taunted the boss, and walked into his waiting arms. Kitty is down. At the same time this was happening, the Warlock got one-shot by the ranged attack (no Bone Shield) and the Rogue Vanished. I managed to Denounce the boss down. This is looking bad.

Wow. I've never had to kite that boss before. o_O Maybe I just get lucky and get groups that kill him before I have to? I don't know. When my guildie was explaining the fight to me first time, he never said anything about kiting, just to make sure I keep my Bone Shield up. So I would probably be that fail tank too. *flails*
100 Night Elf Priest
had shando-pan (or as i call it akiko's wok) last night and tank pulls before i was even there. always not a a good sign. after teh wipe and the rants from the DPS and tank pulls again and drops so i have to dtart dropping big heals right out he gate. warroir DPS steps up to tank. warlock sticks round for all of 30 sec then drops and the hunter is trying his best not to stand in stuff. we get him down all the way to 100K and die ( i cried a little ).
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/10/2012 07:58 PMPosted by Hainiryuun
I'm just going to go ahead and add anything involving LFR Garalon.

We got him to 35k on one pull, the cursing was poetic on that one. I did get the keen helm I am wearing now from that fight but man did I pay for it. The biggest problem with that fight is the amount of raid turn over. You always get raid turn over in LFR but nothing like you get in that fight. Between needing both tanks to stay in front, the pheromone kiting, the pools shrinking the landing area, and the purple ring of fail that fight is one heck of a gate. The only bright side to that fight is that my lightsprings never goes to waste. If it is your first time in there make sure everyone is on the steps. I lost track of how many times people would get themselves locked out by starting behind the steps.
5 Undead Priest
*Rogue links level 85 legendary weapons after insulting the tanks gear*

"Lol did you buy that tank gear cause your too bad for DS? These took skill and time to get", the Rogue says to our tank.

*Rogue stands in aoe damage like an idiot*
*I heal the rogue like a fool*
*Rogue stands in aoe damage for the 500th time*
*I lol as the Rogue dies*

"You f&*(ing suck healer learn to play", says the Rogue.
90 Draenei Shaman

"Lol did you buy that tank gear cause your too bad for DS? These took skill and time to get", the Rogue says to our tank.

It's kind of hard for me not to heal baddies just because my reflexes see low health and I start clicking buttons.

When healing on my priest in cata I saw a Druid that wasn't running to the safety triangle on heroic vortex pinnacle. I just preemively popped guardian spirit and healed him right through. I typed in party what he should do for the next one, but it was still reflex to prevent a death.
Edited by Dailee on 11/13/2012 1:02 PM PST
5 Undead Priest

It's kind of hard for me not to heal baddies just because my reflexes see low health and I start clicking buttons.

When healing on my priest in cata I saw a Druid that wasn't running to the safety triangle on heroic vortex pinnacle. I just preemively popped guardian spirit and healed him right through. I typed in party what he should do for the next one, but it was still reflex to prevent a death.

It took me a while to perfect the art of letting people I genuinely dislike die, but it was well worth the effort to control my natural healing reflexes.
90 Pandaren Monk

Tired of him ragging on everyone else I said "Tank you sure talk a lot of smack for someone so squishy".

"read up on monk tanks noob how about that?" he said, and ran into the next room, pulled a mess and left party.

I haven't heard that since early-mid Cata, except it was always a Blood DK.

There was this one DK that perplexes me to this day. He was Blood and in full raid DPS gear and we were pugging Heroic Deadmines. I was literally spamming Regrowths to keep him from dying on trash, which he did anyway, more than once. When I asked why he was taking so much damage (I already knew why, he hadn't used Death Strike once), he said I clearly knew nothing about DKs and that they were supposed to take more damage.

I've mained as either a Holy Priest or Resto Druid since Vanilla. I've healed warriors in PvP leather and ret paladins in cloth, and this DK was still probably the squishiest thing I'd ever healed.

Just goes to show wearing purples doesn't substitute for basic skill, I guess.
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Wow. I've never had to kite that boss before. o_O Maybe I just get lucky and get groups that kill him before I have to? I don't know. When my guildie was explaining the fight to me first time, he never said anything about kiting, just to make sure I keep my Bone Shield up. So I would probably be that fail tank too. *flails*
If you're reading these forums, I'm sure you're better than 99% of the tanks out there by default. ;)

You don't HAVE to kite Rattlegore, it's just much easier on the healer if the group has a squishy tank or if the tank doesn't have someway of having lots of Dodge/Parry. In other words, if it's a badly-geared Warrior tank, he better start pumping those legs and running once Rattlegore hits 10-15 stacks.

If the tank is well-geared/well-played or is a decent Druid/Monk, then you never have to kite. I healed a Blood DK that same day that just sat there and let Rattlegore get to 20 stacks. The tank never moved, and he took under 400k damage the entire fight because he just absorbed everything.

@Topic: The other day I was healing on my 85 Priest, and I zoned into Stormstout Brewery at the final boss. The group looks fine, though....huh. That Blood DK's health seems wacky for level 86, let's inspect....

Oh my God he's wearing green-quality Mail MoP gear.
100 Tauren Druid
Had a joy in LFD this weekend.

Jade Serpent. On Liu, no one, tank included, would move out of puddles. Tank dies.

Tank: "Is ur jb to heal me"
Me: "Is your job to not stand in bad"

Gate of the Setting Sun (yes, I will eventually get that healy mace!)

Rogue: "Never done this one"
Me: "Don't stand in fire, and you'll be fine"

Rogue proceeds to die on every boss except the big bug, and twice during trash.
100 Undead Monk
heh. No real complaints from me, but I did "hear" something that made me smile and cringe all at the same time:

"Da F---?!? The healer is in third!"

Clearly, he was responding to the recount numbers.
90 Orc Shaman
heh. No real complaints from me, but I did "hear" something that made me smile and cringe all at the same time:

Reminds me of leveling my pally pre-cata (she hit 80 with a few days to spare). In one of the Auchindon instances, my CS/Judgement/Holy Shocks when nobody needed them for healing managed to beat one of the dps, by a pretty good margin. I asked him why I was ahead, he tells me "dps doesn't matter". I say "yeah, but I'm the healer". Apparently, the rest of the group agreed that it mattered at least a little bit, because he was kicked for "not even trying".

Being low is one thing, but at least make it seem like you're TRYING.
90 Tauren Druid

I was healing my first instances on my monk a couple of days ago; soothing mist is outright boring, so I resorted to Jab x3 -> TP x3 -> Jab x2 -> BK for a while, was topping the DPS meter by almost 50% and no one was even close to dying. By the end of it(WC) I had done almost 40% of the overall damage, the hunter felt the need to congratulate the tank on being so easy for me to heal I had time to DPS.....I just link Eminence and leave.

Edit: MONK, I meant MONK!
Edited by Bherwolfe on 11/14/2012 1:59 PM PST
90 Blood Elf Paladin

I was healing my first instances on my mom

O.o
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]