Destruction Reforging

90 Undead Warlock
http://www.icy-veins.com/destruction-warlock-wow-pve-dps-statistics-priority-reforging

http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pve/warlock/destruction/reforging-gear

Wha?

Ive checked out wowreforge.com and it showed to reforge A LOT of haste which makes no sense according to these links.

I never really liked these sites but I cannot seem to fine any other guides on the matter.

What are all of you other destro locks reforging to?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I'm hitting up crit.

Somebody posted something once about haste being better at higher gear levels.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
yeah and I think sim craft is based off of having tier gear. I'm thinking ill reforge hit to 15% and everything else to crit beyond that. I can see mana issues coming up if you stack too much haste.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I was having similar issues of not being sure what to reforge into as all sources i read contradicted each other. I tried all mastery after hit cap and it failed miserably. So i went with my gut and ive gotten much higher dos since.

I got hit to cap > crit >= mastery > haste

Hope this helps.

This works specially well for sacrifice.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Mcscrotie - I'm one of the people behind Ask Mr. Robot. Here's a link to your character: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/usa/stormreaver/mcscrotie

Mr. Robot optimizes you to 15.01% Hit, and favors Mastery.

If you want to favor crit, you can edit the stat weights. Here's the results of that: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/32f9593c-66ff-4db5-b24b-5e668d7004be

You'll notice in both cases he's moving a lot of your hit and exp reforges around. That's so he can get you closer to the cap by removing 0.13% that you have over the cap.

If you have any questions, let me know. Happy to help :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I'm having the same issues. I've noticed this today.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
10/09/2012 12:47 PMPosted by Zoopercat
If you have any questions, let me know. Happy to help :)

So, do you guys just wander around to plug your site? That wasn't really what he asked. :/

He was pointing out that there's different gearing priorities depending on who you listen to, and is asking other Destro locks what stats they're reforging to. Linking Mr. Robot and telling him that your site uses mastery, but he can change stat weights to crit is fantastic, but completely irrelevant.

On topic: I'd go out on a limb and say crit is the best stat up to a point. I'd have to look into it more, but I'd guess we need a certain amount of crit to get comfortable ember generation, probably in relation to embers generated per Conflag. I'm basing that off of very little at this point though, and haven't tested fully yet.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Serinicas, I was just trying to help. Mcscrotie said, "but I cannot seem to fine any other guides on the matter."

We've done a lot of research on stat weights and provide a few defaults for each class. We also talk with a lot of other theorycrafters to make sure they are legit, so I just wanted to share the weights we've found :)

When it comes to reforging, gemming, etc, I see a lot of different cases. It can be a bit confusing right now, so when I see questions, I try to take some time to look at their particular character. Since our tool lets you save different profiles, I take the time to set up various options for people to play with. No harm done, right?

I always identify myself as a person from Ask Mr. Robot, so that it doesn't seem like I'm just trying to sneak in and promote the site masquerading as a regular user who loves it. Sorry if it seemed otherwise :(
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Askmrrobot and wowreforge are great tools. However, those stats weights are based off???? Tier gear? iLvl 480? Heroic gear?

I may be wrong but I am under the impression most sites just pull stat weights from end game gear and like most people I am just now getting heroic gear and tapping into the 460's.

I expect to be going through a lot of gear in the next couple days/weeks and having a basic idea of stat weights from say 460-475ilvl is what I am really looking for.

I appreciate your help Zoopercat despite the shameless plug ;-)
Reply Quote
86 Human Warlock
i'll be wondering the same thing once i hit 85 - 90. i might try 15% hit, then just all crit, see how it goes :o
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
i think ill just flip my Titanium Seal of Dalaran

Heads: Crit
Tails: Mastery

:P
Edited by Mcscrotie on 10/9/2012 4:07 PM PDT
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
10/09/2012 02:49 PMPosted by Mcscrotie
I may be wrong but I am under the impression most sites just pull stat weights from end game gear and like most people I am just now getting heroic gear and tapping into the 460's.

Simcraft has pre-raid simulations where they use heroic dungeon gears. So far, I've been basing my gear choice and reforges based on them. I also did some testing myself with different gear to confirm.

For now, go hit -> haste -> crit -> mastery.

However, in H T14 gears, the stat priority according to simcraft will change to:

hit -> crit = mastery (identical stat weight at 2.12) -> haste (1.68)
Edited by Brofo on 10/10/2012 2:22 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
10/09/2012 10:43 AMPosted by Mcscrotie
Ive checked out wowreforge.com and it showed to reforge A LOT of haste which makes no sense according to these links.

explains everything (from PvP stand point):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uB6fFsHFlU
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
10/10/2012 02:12 AMPosted by Brofo

Simcraft has pre-raid simulations where they use heroic dungeon gears. So far, I've been basing my gear choice and reforges based on them. I also did some testing myself with different gear to confirm.

For now, go hit -> haste -> crit -> mastery.

However, in H T14 gears, the stat priority according to simcraft will change to:

hit -> crit = mastery (identical stat weight at 2.12) -> haste (1.68)

There is no reason to go haste right now as destro.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6490539814#9

Specifically the thread dealing with Destruction.

@Fallensaint did a great job explaining the stat weights.

Basically

Haste = faster damage output
Crit = better ember generation and you have more damage output but slower and RNG
Mastery = more damage output

So you really need to balance how your mana plays.

Have lots of embers? Add haste
Going oom cause you are casting incinerate too much? Add Crit

Rotation seems to be about balanced? Add mastery.

Also when you go to those threads please ask for them to be stickied. They have great information.
Edited by Baelis on 10/10/2012 3:33 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Bah, Baelis beat me to it. So I will just re-affirm what he is saying. How he spells it out is exactly what you want to do. Obviously not as "easy" to decide at the reforger what you should be doing as it will be with other classes, but few people actually play and gear to match the Simcraft model anyway.

So unlike those other guys who have it "easy," you will actually wind up with the stat allocations that fit how you personally play.

So again:
Often Cap embers: More Haste
Often out of mana: More Crit
Happy with ember/mana during rotation: Mastery.

And the final:
Not sure what to do? Mastery.

Mastery is a great default to start with, especially if you dual spec into Demonology.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Well I ran the rofl Fest that is lfr last night and with how stupidly easy it is, I was able to sit in one place and spam incinerate to pool embers. While sitting there and going through the basic rotation of conflag on cd, emolate refreshing, and incinerate spam to build up embers I started to go oom just as I was getting close to capping my fourth ember. I will most likely reforge out of haste more.

Second in dps on the last boss and I think 3-4th on first two(can't remember)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
10/10/2012 03:28 PMPosted by Haayt
Bah, Baelis beat me to it.

If blizz would ever actually look into the warlock forums and sticky the good threads we wouldnt have to keep beating each other to the punch.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Easiest way has always been to just sim your toon, download simcraft, run a 10k iteration, with whichever stats you want weighted then adjust your gear from those stats.

Often very early in expacs your gear is all over the place statwise. So at times you're going to find haste extremely valuable at certain points. This is where you want to look up haste thresh holds, so you can understand why simcraft has haste so high at your current stat ratings.

For instance, I believe one of the points for haste is 2200 or so rating, if your just under this thresh hold, sim craft will have haste very high in value until you reach that point. Then it will fall back into the standard values.

Which for destruction are hit to cap>crit>=mastery>haste.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Well I ran the rofl Fest that is lfr last night and with how stupidly easy it is, I was able to sit in one place and spam incinerate to pool embers. While sitting there and going through the basic rotation of conflag on cd, emolate refreshing, and incinerate spam to build up embers I started to go oom just as I was getting close to capping my fourth ember. I will most likely reforge out of haste more.

Second in dps on the last boss and I think 3-4th on first two(can't remember)

LFR as Demonology was just massively frustrating. I need DF built up in order to do Immolate for any length of time, and all trash is MASSIVE groups. Trying to tab target Corruption around was insanely annoying.

As for your run though... going OOM with 3 embers ready is probably perfect for balance. You don't want more Haste, but more Mastery. By the time you launch off 3 Chaos Bolts, you should be full mana again.
Destro seemed very attractive to me during that raid. That or at least swapping to have Harvest Life for some nice instant AoE contribution.
Edited by Haayt on 10/10/2012 7:02 PM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]