Dk Magic Absorbtion Question...

90 Blood Elf Death Knight
So, I don't know if I'm missing anything, but my tank CANNOT tank places like scarlet monastery even when she's almost geared for LFR...
I looked at the blood shield that I get that absorbs damage.. but it only absorbs physical damage now. I don't know if it's always been that way or what... but I can't make the group wait 1-3 minutes for my cooldowns which are desperately needed...
Am I missing something or am I supposed to just take this to the face and die every time? Or is this a "Blizzard Oops"? I never had any issues tanking til MoP... so I'm not sure what's going on.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
....ok stagger cds dont stack them.

DKs are the best for magic because of AMS

Also, basically all of the magic damage in monastery is interruptable and all of the mobs can be stunned.
Edited by Ðemolition on 10/9/2012 6:17 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
Blood Shield has always only absorbed physical damage. Just like how block, armour and stagger do too.
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Paladin
10/09/2012 06:07 PMPosted by Waniou
Blood Shield has always only absorbed physical damage. Just like how block, armour and stagger do too.

Just wanted to say thank you to Waniou.... your tanking guides have helped me alot with my pally. Dk/Druid/warrior.....

ps. love the guild name... although i do feel sorry for the guy who came up with the slogan"Nek Minnit" he got shafted by the big Corps :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Your stats look a bit low and you have no gems or chants.

Not sure if you're new to tanking/dk but you can get a free 4% parry chant on your weapon for more avoidance

Most of the heroics are pretty easy as long as you read the guides like the one Waniou wrote because if you did it would all be non trivial
Edited by Jibberdk on 10/9/2012 10:41 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Warrior
10/09/2012 07:35 PMPosted by Illudare
ps. love the guild name... although i do feel sorry for the guy who came up with the slogan"Nek Minnit" he got shafted by the big Corps :(
If I remember right, at least one of the companies that was trying to trademark it gave it back to him. I think after it got that media coverage on Fair Go, I think he got a bit of a fairer deal. I'm not 100% sure though.

In any case, my guild doesn't have any direct association with the guy, we just think the name is lol and we've had some rather amusing reactions to it. :P
-----
Combat tables, diminishing returns and you!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2489160859
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
Your are more than capable of doing all heroics at your gear level. You're doing something fundamentally wrong. Start by reforging all that dodge to mastery and at least gemming/chanting your 463 gear.

Next, read http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6232223931 in it's entirety and learn how to DK.
Reply Quote
14 Dwarf Hunter
time your death strikes better.

if you're getting eaten by a known magic source, AMS the first one, and get a couple death strikes ready for the second one. run in with blood boil x2 + unholy Blight for threat/diseases, by then the magic damage is coming in, hit death strike and see where you are, if you're still being nommed, hit DS again. rune strike, repeat. if you STILL need healing, empower and spam DS a couple more times.

get the brewfest stam trinkets if you don't have em for those pulls you know have really high magic damage. you ARE learning which pulls those are, right?
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Death Knight
Magic damage hurting you? AMS and or AMZ
Physical damage? Spam Derp Strike.

Pop Vampiric blood often and liberally, it's a short CD
Boneshield should be up most the time in a 5 man, same as VB, but it directly reduces your incoming damage.

IBF should be saved for when you either need it, or you're sure to be taking big hits

Ghoul sac can also help reduce caster damage.

Also, focusing casters first, or using strangulate/asphyxiate and interrupts can render a caster useless for it's entire life.

Lot's of options for a DK to handle casters in packs, I'm pretty sure we're the strongest for short fights with a caster pack.
Edited by Postonforums on 10/10/2012 4:45 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Blood Shield may only absorb physical damage, but Death Strike's healing sure recovers magical damage without any such problem.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You may want to play around with switching out the talent Conversion with Death Pact.
Conversion is a slow heal, but if you have a healer in your group, the slow heal is redundant and a waste of runic power.
Death Pact will instantly give you back 50% health. Just raise a minion and cast Death Pact. it's a 2 minute cooldown, but you shouldn't need big heals all that often.

And if you aren't doing this already, make sure that the first mob in the group that you focus on is a caster. You want to take them out ASAP. DeathGrip any other caster that's part of that group if it's out of melee/AoE range. Those casters are probably the ones causing the most damage.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
10/10/2012 03:39 PMPosted by Euliat
Blood Shield may only absorb physical damage, but Death Strike's healing sure recovers magical damage without any such problem.

And this is one of the many reasons I use a stamina-heavy build.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
is your hit/exp terrible?

I know that you can reforge into a couple different *build* types

But if your having problems try that.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]