Is there a macro to avoid deep freeze?

I recently fought a warlock + resto druid team in 2's. Every time I attempted to deep freeze him (which I am glyphed into to require no gcd) he shapeshifted. Every time. Unless stunned, which prevents him from doing so. Also, bm hunters and warriors are hell :( #NOHOPE
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
outplayed
Reply Quote
Hah. There is nothing to do with outplayed. Each time I attempted a deep, not always a nova. He switched forms. His partner didnt even have to cc us for them to win; Druids are just op. If I cannot freeze I do less damage than a rogue because my damage is from pyroblasts.
Reply Quote
Allright. thanks for clearin that up. Don't worry about him he's just trollin and gettin carried ^-^
Reply Quote
10/09/2012 06:17 PMPosted by Amathyx
Fire shouldn't have Deep to begin with.
From the fire changes blizzard made?... Yes. Yes we do.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
singe magic / sacrifice singe magic.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
LB
10/09/2012 06:06 PMPosted by Cavalettas
outplayed
Reply Quote
How's prot burst atm? I understand it's the preferred spec over ret atm :).. oh wait its not. Just like outplayed sometimes has nothing to do with it; some of BM hunter's attacks ignore resiliance and can burst down healers quite quickly while being immune to being CC'd. Combined with a warrior, all the instant cc they can do along with the insane burst they provide make it extremely difficult to survive, especially when your partner is a death knight and his AMS doesnt do very much againt melee based attacks... Not to mention lich born is also useless because he can simply be CC'd until he's dead in several globals. GG totally outplayed while the mage is totally outplayed when sitting in charge stun>scatter>trap>fear>shockwave etc. I only have one trinket and cannot ice block once then again. Deeping the hunter does nothing, nor the warrior because the hunter's pets are un CCable and they are the ones doing the damage.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
10/09/2012 06:23 PMPosted by Amathyx
From the fire changes blizzard made?... Yes. Yes we do.

Um no. No you do not. Making Deep base line was stupid.

Relevance?

I have no idea why it quoted you.

yes, yes fire does need deep freeze now. you know why mr. 1750 warlock. because they gutted combust damage. Our damage, as fire, is no longer based off the damage combust does, it is now based off of pyroblast crits in a deep freeze. Combust is now, at best, a decent dot with a interupt/stun that dr's with deep freeze. If fire didn't have deep, fire would be absolute garbage. Before combust was our primary source of gibbing a target. Get a solid pyro crit and and blanket the healer while hitting combust, send them into a dragons breath and let them eat 9 seconds of combust damage while controlling their teammate(s). All the while hopefully lining up another pyro for a kill.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about and yet you are mouthing off here as if you do.

To the op, if you want to get a deep on a druid, either pick up glyph of deep freeze to take it off global, or get help from your partner. Every healer class has a way to help you. You can deep off priest fears or shammy hex because it likely will not break from nova or you could spec into. You could spec into frost jaw and deep off a poly morph. Pallies and druids both have stuns. and monks are monks.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
He is shifting when you root him. That's it.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
10/09/2012 07:45 PMPosted by Amathyx
you know why mr. 1750 warlock.

why are you calling out ratings when you got t2 from rbgs
seriously you haven't even been above 2k on your mage and you barely got above 2k on your warrior during s9

His point still stands, combust sucks compared to what it once was in Cata, it was devastating once you spread it.

The greatest way to gib a healer right now is back-to-back pyros off of a deep freeze, a 4-5 second stun. It's dispellable and you can even get a teammate to peel/toss an interrupt during it if it's that devastating.

If you say a Fire/Arcane mage doesn't need Deep Freeze then every other class doesn't need an extra CC as well.

I know I'm not that geared right now but I'm floating at around 10% crit without molten armor, Fire mostly feels like an RNG miracle burst class compared to most other classes that bind everything to one macro and annihilate everything. I'm sure you know which classes I'm talking about.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
10/09/2012 07:45 PMPosted by Amathyx
you know why mr. 1750 warlock.

why are you calling out ratings when you got t2 from rbgs
seriously you haven't even been above 2k on your mage and you barely got above 2k on your warrior during s9

Calling you out, yep. Because you don't know what you're talking about, and I do. Amazing! You're spouting off completely nonsense. Taking away deep freeze would completely destroy fire damage now. Fire damage is based around having deep freeze now. Fire would literally have no burst... nothing.. zippo.

I didn't play my warrior much until last season. qt. and whats stopping you from pushing rating in rbgs... I can guess. Clearly you know more about mages on your 1750 warlock then my silly mage.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]