Gold and Resting Bonus Wish

93 Human Warlock
First of all, thank you so much for the API, I have been able to build an application that builds a nice website of all of my toons that can give me a great overview of them.

It would be great if on the character API that it returned gold/silver/copper integers, and Resting Bonus double

"Gold" : 45,
"Silver": 5,
"Copper" : 32,
"RestingBonus" : 133.45

Any reason these are not there?

Thanks
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
They removed the Wealth part from statistics a long time ago when there were a lot of upset people. Very unlikely you will get a gold amount ever again.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Hunter
i dont want my gold showing .. good way for a hacker to target an account... this will probably never happen nither will xp or rested..
Reply Quote
71 Human Warlock
I was one of those that actively protested against gold showing on the armory a few years back. I still feel they give too much data for public access.

On the other hand, I would not mind, in fact would approve, of an extended api that you could use to fetch said information when logged into you account.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
I doubt they'll enable any features which require one to be logged into their bnet account. As soon as you make it so 3rd parties have access to your authentication protocols that's when we'll really start seeing accounts being hacked. While I keep close watch on my servers for any unauthorized access, I still have recommendation upon recommendation RE not using ANY battle.net information when registering on my site (different passwords, emails, etc).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Technically you can already see your gold count when logged into b.net as it is displayed on the remote auction house feature.
Reply Quote
2 Tauren Druid
12/07/2012 06:21 AMPosted by Laurabelle
Technically you can already see your gold count when logged into b.net as it is displayed on the remote auction house feature.

That's true but you are able to see gold for characters on your own account only, and that requires you to be authenticated (i.e. know the email and password for the account and have the authenticator code if an b.net authenticator is attached to the account).

So far, the community platform api doesn't support b.net account authentication. The character api allows you to get information for any character on any account.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]