Mastery Nearly Useless

100 Human Monk
I know some people think others will learn to run over the healing orbs from our mastery. I am not that optimistic though, I think people still don't click lightwells and they will not start running into the orbs.

I am going to give you a pic of what I mean.

http://i.imgur.com/jkr1s.jpg

That is me doing the instance for brewfest. I am almost out of mana because people are all taking lots of damage, but they are not getting any orbs. There are tons of orbs, but they either stand still as much as possible or run around them as if they are a hazard.
Edited by Projectstfu on 10/10/2012 1:09 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
What a terrible group.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
10/10/2012 01:21 AMPosted by Oaktrail
What a terrible group.

^
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
The mastery works well in a 25m with all the movement in raids these days.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Monk
Mistweaver monk mastery have usefulness if your group run to your healing sphere

Even if they know that healing sphere help mistweaver monk to heal them easier they still want to keep dealing damage without focusing on healing sphere to maximize their damage output
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
It seems that master is pretty much universally terrible for monk
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Mage
I'm a caster.

If I can stand where I am in safety then that is exactly what I should be doing--taking those times when I am not needed to be mobile and just nuking hard. If I have to spend those times running around to grab your healing balls, then when the hell am I supposed to shoot the boss?

This isn't like 'clicking a lightwell.' I can click the lightwell mid-cast. I can't run to your healing sphere midcast, and for some it's even a bad idea to do so when instant damage spells proc due to mechanics like 'My talent wants me to stand in it to get damage.'

I'll grab one when I'm moving if I'm taking damage. If I'm not moving tho, I have a job to do, and I thank you to not yell at me for doing it--I don't yell at you for casting the spells that heal.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Mistweaver mastery is awesome for Mistweavers.
Since monks are still new; and not everybody knows about the healing spheres given by mastery yet; I've taken it upon my self to notify them in a way that always seems to get thier attention.

"FYI GROUP; THE GREEN BALLS ARE FREE HEALING!; GRAB MY LADY'S BALLS FOR HEALING!."

And People have been grabbing them!. They don't get used if the person doesn't need healing; so even when somebody basically stands on them (I see this alot with mages/locks/elemental shammies) they stand on them till it procs when they take damage.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm a caster.

If I can stand where I am in safety then that is exactly what I should be doing--taking those times when I am not needed to be mobile and just nuking hard. If I have to spend those times running around to grab your healing balls, then when the hell am I supposed to shoot the boss?

This isn't like 'clicking a lightwell.' I can click the lightwell mid-cast. I can't run to your healing sphere midcast, and for some it's even a bad idea to do so when instant damage spells proc due to mechanics like 'My talent wants me to stand in it to get damage.'

I'll grab one when I'm moving if I'm taking damage. If I'm not moving tho, I have a job to do, and I thank you to not yell at me for doing it--I don't yell at you for casting the spells that heal.

if you can toss in a moving cast (Arcane barrage & Scorch come to mind?) and grab a healing sphere that gives your healing a small break if they are getting down in mana? you wouldn't?

Almost every class has at least one spell in thier rotation these days as far as I've seen that allow them to move that slight bit that procs a healing sphere on themselves.

Not ever doing so is just useless, outdated stubbroness
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Monk
For every monk spec, mastery was poorly designed and completely sucks. I'd say monks have the worst mastery benefits in the game.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Monk
Woe

if you can toss in a moving cast (Arcane barrage & Scorch come to mind?) and grab a healing sphere that gives your healing a small break if they are getting down in mana? you wouldn't?

Almost every class has at least one spell in thier rotation these days as far as I've seen that allow them to move that slight bit that procs a healing sphere on themselves.

Not ever doing so is just useless, outdated stubbroness

The point is that there are other healing specs that don't require the dps loss of forcing people to dance around picking up spheres while doing a better job of keeping everyone alive.

Your insistence that raids hurt themselves to accommodate our gimmick-disguised-as-mechanic is the stubbornness. In the current content with decently tight dps timers it's the type of thing that is the difference between 4% wipes.

I say this as a monk healer hoping our current 25 man mastery gets made useful for other raid/party/solo sizes.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
"OMG!! Orbs, orbs everywhere! Don't touch them! They will kill you! The boss summoned them as mini bombs to get us! AAAAAAH we're screwed! Don't moooove!"

Rofl. True Story bro.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Hm, Lets see; there is the shaman's Healing rain; if your not in it you have to move into it.
the Serenity with holy Priests.
Whatever that one druid has that casts off the dots...
Disc Priests Big Sheild....

thats all the ones I can think of at the moment that require dps assistence in it's use.
Oh; Unglyphed Lightwell too.

So at worst; we have the most prolific one....

ye gods; having to move to get healed; Call in the end of days!.

Lazy dps. can't save themselves with a quick move to heal.

(Please ASSUME I am only asking you to get these spehere when you already have to move; I am getting LOW on mana OR if you are about to die because the tank is generally more important than you are.)

If the Sphere is what stands between you and dying? GRAB THE DAMN SPHERE; Dead DPS do no Damage!
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Yeah... I think monk healing is best for pvp in my opinion cause it's all active and running around all the time.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Priest
MW mastery: Accidentally useful
It's only good if people accidentally bump a sphere when running from the Doomz0r B00s Fire!1

Realistically, no PUG is going to pay attention to them (look to the poor Lightweel *sigh*)
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Monk
Mastery's scaling is pretty awful even in a perfect world where everyone picks up the balls, so you should avoid the stat when possible (and thus by extension the fact that people don't properly run through the balls isn't a big deal.) Throughput secondaries should be haste to 1345 > crit > haste >= mastery.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
10/10/2012 05:44 AMPosted by Suzushiirou
Mastery's scaling is pretty awful even in a perfect world where everyone picks up the balls, so you should avoid the stat when possible (and thus by extension the fact that people don't properly run through the balls isn't a big deal.) Throughput secondaries should be haste to 1345 > crit > haste >= mastery.

yea..I'll honestly agree there; but they will proc even off the base mastery. infact even off the base mastery they proc quite a bit (probally more than enough!)
I'm not sure I am honestly going to even worry about mastery as a stat that needs more points to it.
Any other Stat might be more useful.
Edited by Drunkenmist on 10/10/2012 5:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Priest
I run over them, they're free healing.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Hm, Lets see; there is the shaman's Healing rain; if your not in it you have to move into it.
the Serenity with holy Priests.
Whatever that one druid has that casts off the dots...
Disc Priests Big Sheild....

thats all the ones I can think of at the moment that require dps assistence in it's use.
Oh; Unglyphed Lightwell too.

So at worst; we have the most prolific one....

ye gods; having to move to get healed; Call in the end of days!.

Lazy dps. can't save themselves with a quick move to heal.

(Please ASSUME I am only asking you to get these spehere when you already have to move; I am getting LOW on mana OR if you are about to die because the tank is generally more important than you are.)

If the Sphere is what stands between you and dying? GRAB THE DAMN SPHERE; Dead DPS do no Damage!

The big differences in the ones you listed and MW mastery?

1. The ones you listed are castable on command, whereas MW mastery is a chance to summon a HS.
2. Those are AoE heals, whereas MW mastery is a single target heal.
3. MW Mastery is instant, so that's a plus.
4. The ones you listed can be useful without the help of DPS moving into them, i.e. you can cast them over melee, and it'll heal all of melee without them having to move. People -have- to move to get healed by our mastery.
5. Those other classes have their own mastery in addition to those spells.
Reply Quote
I think you mean most WoW players are dumb?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]