How do I pick a fight with a battle pet???

26 Blood Elf Hunter
It's my objective. I've already accepted a duel by a player with a pet and my pet beat his pet, but I didn't get credit for my objective. I've also tried getting my pet to kill the non-player pet (the wild dragonhawk) but I still didn't get credit for my objective. Can anyone help me?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Battle pets are companion pets, not Hunter pets. You're looking for this forum: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/7388394/
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10/10/2012 06:55 PMPosted by Forysthia
It's my objective. I've already accepted a duel by a player with a pet and my pet beat his pet, but I didn't get credit for my objective. I've also tried getting my pet to kill the non-player pet (the wild dragonhawk) but I still didn't get credit for my objective. Can anyone help me?
If you're referring to the new pet battles system, I'm assuming you're on your first quest to level your pet up / win some fights?

If that's the case, dueling does not give you the credit you seek. Instead, you need to go out into the open areas of the world (or even in the capital cities) and find some critters that you can fight there.

If you have your tracking turned on properly, on your minimap pets that you can fight will show up as a green paw mark on your mini map, and pets that you can fight if you scroll over them with your mouse will show that same paw mark. Walk up to the pet if it has that mark, right click it, and enjoy your fight!

Hope this helps, although this should be in the pet battles section of the forums :)
Reply Quote
26 Blood Elf Hunter
Thanks but I see one on my mini map, and I'm right on the spot but I don't see a critter with a green paw above its head.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10/10/2012 07:23 PMPosted by Forysthia
Thanks but I see one on my mini map, and I'm right on the spot but I don't see a critter with a green paw above its head.
It won't be above its head, if you scroll over the critter your mouse icon turns into the greenpaw.

I should have clarified that better, sorry.
Reply Quote
26 Blood Elf Hunter
thank you, it worked :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
10/10/2012 07:57 PMPosted by Forysthia
thank you, it worked :)
No problem, enjoy!
Reply Quote
47 Pandaren Hunter
I just picked up this quest and I can't seem to figure it out. When I find a pet and I right click on it, I get the message "All pets in your battle slots are dead."

I'm not sure what this means, nor how to correct it so that I can do battle with the animal I'm trying to pick on. Can somebody enlighten me?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
please check dates before posting, this thread is from 2012.

here is the pet battle forum link

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/7388394/

however if you open your pets and mounts tab and go to the pet section, at the very top right hand corner will be a button that says revive battle pets (if i recall correctly). click that.

if you need to res your pets with in eight minutes ( which you will need to do if you grind a bunch of pet battles) you need to visit a stable master or use pet bandages which you win when you do the daily pet battle quests.

edit: one thing to keep in mind, each of the revive pets methods will revive all your pets. so sometimes its worth considering fighting with a few pets one after the other and then healing/reviving them all. if you just use the revive battle pet after one pet goes down you will end up waiting for the revive pet to come off cd or need to run to town to a stable master.
Edited by Myrddin on 1/7/2014 6:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
30 Night Elf Hunter
im trying to get my new pet i got from AH to fight but he wont fight and i wasted 120 gold on that pet. 120!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
03/25/2014 02:05 PMPosted by Damazilla
im trying to get my new pet i got from AH to fight but he wont fight and i wasted 120 gold on that pet. 120!!!!!!!

o dear, dat armory

if its from the ah its a battle pet, not a hunter pet. they also dont fight anything but other battle pets. hunter pets you tame in the wild.

you need to click the battle pet cage to get the pet added. then you need to open pet interface and drop him in your pet battle slots. please see battle pet forum for more help

you also need to find a ranged weapon for a hunter. you gear should have agility and stamina. ignore spirit and intellect and strength.

you could use a spec, glyph and talents as well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]