bgs flooded with bots?

90 Human Warrior
Just thought I'd bring this up since i'm sure there's been a lot of people who have noticed already. Since MoP has come out it seems as if 85-89 bgs are FLOODED with bots. Most of the time you get into a BG when you're the only player, then you're stuck amongst a bunch of people botting. I've noticed the worst times for this are about 1:30am - 5:30am (server time in bgs) which is about 6:30pm onwards for me, which is rather annoying.

Does any body know if this is an issue blizz is aware of? Is there a solution coming our way or is this how it's always going to be? I'm sure I'm not the only one who's getting frustrated over this.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter
I noticed. It's ridiculous. I was doing BGs on my 85 priest late at night and that must be botter prime time.
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
Req
I report them as cheating, but not sure if it is actually doing anything or anybody even cares.
Reply Quote
80 Blood Elf Mage
Blizzard doesn't care. It's another subscription to them (god knows they need it) and PvP is irrelevant and second class citizen.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I reported a guy at least 3 times for using bot 4-5 months ago. Yesterday I reported him again. Guess what? He is playing right now.

As long you pay your monthly fee, you can do whatever you want. Just don´t do it in pve, then blizzard will care and be mad on you.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Yeah didn't think they really cared about it. Just thought it's worth posting anyway, hopefully they might do something sometime down the track. It's just getting worse and worse, reporting does nothing either.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
About a month ago, I put in a ticket for a rogue afking in stealth the whole match. The guy was even gloating about it. Tried getting others to report him away, but guess they didn't care enough to do it.

I got a message back later on, talking about their "volcano" system. Apparently what it means, they only take action if that particular person gets dinged on it enough.

I figured it would catch up to him. Then a few weeks later, I see him again, while I was on a different toon, gloating about it...again.

I now see why people have given up and stopped even bothering to report them.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
24 hours a day, 16 hours of botting, 8 hours of manually playing.

Running into a wall in the officer's lounge in Orgrimmar, spamming fan of knives. Could be often found with the deserter debuff. I took it upon myself to kill him on my Alliance character, then kill myself on my horde character only to find he was strafing back and forth at the spirit rez for hours trying to spam fan of knives and queue for more battlegrounds.

Reported him every day, told my friends and guild to do the same.

Still not banned after a year, still online 24/7.

I've given up defending Blizzard's hacks team. They're quick to disperse anything that directly effects their subscription numbers (crash tools for example), but they sure don't seem to care about a few extra hundred thousand subscribers that blatantly bot.

10/11/2012 11:06 PMPosted by Kirama
I now see why people have given up and stopped even bothering to report them

/hug
It'll be okay ;- ;
Edited by Pozytecznosc on 10/11/2012 11:06 PM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Rogue
/hug
It'll be okay ;- ;

:'O
Reply Quote
71 Night Elf Warrior
what's frustrating is that reporting them as afk does nothing. Is flagging people as afk no longer working?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It's obvious now that blizz doesn't care exactly what goes on in the game, as long as they're getting their subscribers. It's sad that we all pay monthly plus we pay for each expansion PLUS transfers, race changes, faction changes, etc; and they refuse to improve our game play by ignoring the obvious issue that REALLY needs attending to. From what I can see now there are more 'subscribers' who are bots then there are actual players, which is sad. Because I speak for us all when I say we've given blizz a lot of money, and all we ask for is good online gaming in return.

Then again, money is their main priority. So why bother.
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Death Knight
I reported (via ticket) a bot in my guild that had taken over an inactive member's account and Blizzard had them offline within an hour of me reporting it...

I have no idea why they wouldn't treat bg bots more strictly than node farming bots. They're much more annoying for many more people.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
also - on that note of reporting them, i've reported many.. MANY bots. Each night I go into bgs and see the same ones on around the same time, doing the same thing. Sitting in one spot mounting/dismounting, chain healing themselves or running into walls. Reporting doesn't work.

Come on Blizz, speak up.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/12/2012 12:28 AMPosted by Killerzee
what's frustrating is that reporting them as afk does nothing. Is flagging people as afk no longer working?

The problem with the whole "afk" thing is most bots are moving in some way. In Isle of Conquest you'll notice them all going to the same places and using the exact same paths. It's pretty messed up fighting the boss while 15 bots are hanging out on the stairs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
10/12/2012 02:48 AMPosted by Brokenland

The problem with the whole "afk" thing is most bots are moving in some way. In Isle of Conquest you'll notice them all going to the same places and using the exact same paths. It's pretty messed up fighting the boss while 15 bots are hanging out on the stairs.

Yeah, the only time you can get someone kicked right away is if you have 4-5 people report them AFK. But still, you have to do that to a complete team. Then they just get replaced with bots anyway, its a lose lose situation.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/12/2012 02:37 AMPosted by Feenatrak
Come on Blizz, speak up.

Honestly, I think it's awkward for Bliz vs bots at this point. They don't want to lose subscriptions if they don't have to, so penalizing botters is probably a last resort.

I really hope they do something though or the people making the bots should atleast make them smart enough to actually help win games cause right now they are totally fail.
Reply Quote
93 Troll Druid
10/11/2012 11:36 AMPosted by Hyperion
Blizzard doesn't care. It's another subscription to them (god knows they need it) and PvP is irrelevant and second class citizen.

It's not just happening in PVP. I was leveling an alt earlier via dungeons, and our group picked up a follow bot after one of the DPS left between runs. The funny part is we didn't even notice until killing one of the bosses.

Funnier still, even though it (a monk) just cast the spinny kick whenever combat started, it wasn't the worst DPS of the day..
Reply Quote
66 Blood Elf Death Knight
10/12/2012 02:55 AMPosted by Brokenland
the people making the bots should atleast make them smart enough to actually help win games

I like that as a thread title: "Dear Botters, please L2P"
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I'm currently in a Strand of the Ancients where both teams are nothing bot bots. I think theres 2 other active players on mine. The good side of this is their entire team is sitting at the gate waiting for it to magically break down so they can go in, so its an auto win on defense. Bad side is when it comes to attack, they sit at yellow and zerg demos as a group. Some how all targetting the same target. So it's quite impossible to get through.

Something has to be done, it's so out of control!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]