Transmog prevents some weapons.

90 Human Paladin
I have a main handed weapon that I would like to have the look of.

I have a one handed weapon that I would like to have the stats of.

Transmog should allow me, a non-dual wielding class, to have this.

This IS a bug, as there is no possibility for me, a paladin, to use any main hand looking weapon in my offhand.

All my addons have been removed prior to testing this bug.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
You can't transmog main hand weapons onto off hand / one hand weapons.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/11/2012 05:32 PMPosted by Tanoshiiqt
You can't transmog main hand weapons onto off hand / one hand weapons.

Why not?
Reply Quote
64 Tauren Death Knight
10/11/2012 05:17 PMPosted by Emmatank
This IS a bug, as there is no possibility for me, a paladin, to use any main hand looking weapon in my offhand.

Again with the old gem of "just because something doesn't work the way you want it to, doesn't mean it's a bug".

You'll want to repost this in general discussion in the form of a suggestion.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/11/2012 06:03 PMPosted by Nobully

Again with the old gem of "just because something doesn't work the way you want it to, doesn't mean it's a bug".

You'll want to repost this in general discussion in the form of a suggestion.

The only reason it was implemented was to prevent dual wielding classes from using main hand looking items in the offhand. It's a bug if it prevents someone from using it in the main hand, or if the error comes up at ALL on a non dual wielding class.
Reply Quote
it is NOT a bug miss, period. Transmog was to make one item of say your off hand type look like another... and your contention that it was implemented for one reason is entirely inaccurate... go back and look at what the reasoning for Xmog was. MH items are not, will not, and should not be able to be displayed in an offhand... :) good day
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/11/2012 06:11 PMPosted by Thräm
MH items are not, will not, and should not be able to be displayed in an offhand... :) good day

I'm not asking for this. I want my main hand weapon to be displayed in my main hand. But be transmogged to a one hand that i can only hold in my main hand. This is a bug because i cannot show a main hand weapon in my main hand.
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Main hand weapons can't be put in off hands because of how their art is done or something. I don't remember their reason but it was something like that..

If all bows/guns/crossbows can be xmogged into each other all 2h weapons and all 1h weapons should be xmoggable into each other. If not all 1h weapons due to a technical reason then all MH weapons into MH weapons and all OH weapons into all OH weapons.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/11/2012 06:11 PMPosted by Thräm
it is NOT a bug miss, period. Transmog was to make one item of say your off hand type look like another... and your contention that it was implemented for one reason is entirely inaccurate... go back and look at what the reasoning for Xmog was. MH items are not, will not, and should not be able to be displayed in an offhand... :) good day

Also, I am not saying transmog itself was meant so that one handed weapons could not be shown in an offhand, I'm saying that the reason that I can't hold a main hand in my main hand is because of the idea that main hands cannot be held in the offhand.

Again let me repeat: I want to hold my main hand in my main hand. I want to transmog it to a one hand (that i can only hold in my main hand!) so I can hold a transmogged main hand weapon in my main hand. I do NOT want to hold a main hand looking item in my offhand. I couldnt even if I wanted to.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I would like to see a bluepost about this.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/11/2012 07:03 PMPosted by Emmatank

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3196342583#1

Keep in mind that what you want would allow others to do things they don't want allowed (main hand weapon appearances in off-hand slots).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/11/2012 07:14 PMPosted by Kirsia

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/3196342583#1

Keep in mind that what you want would allow others to do things they don't want allowed (main hand weapon appearances in off-hand slots).

I disagree, there should just be one line of code to check for rogue, warrior, etc, and THEN post the error. It just needs to check for class before not allowing it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
Then give the feedback on the appropriate forums (not the Bug Report Forum). The linked post explicitly states that main hand appearances cannot be applied to off-hand or one-hand weapons, so there is no bug here.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/11/2012 07:25 PMPosted by Kirsia
Then give the feedback on the appropriate forums (not the Bug Report Forum). The linked post explicitly states that main hand appearances cannot be applied to off-hand or one-hand weapons, so there is no bug here.

I can prove it is a bug. I will ask a quesiton, you will answer, and then I reply with a statement that will prove it's a bug. Ready?

*Ahem*

WHY can main hand appearances not be applied to off-hand or one-hand weapons?
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
10/11/2012 07:03 PMPosted by Emmatank

I would like a pony and a raise
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
10/11/2012 09:06 PMPosted by Emmatank

Main hand weapons are modeled and designed to be displayed in one hand only. One-hand weapons are designed to be held in either hand. Off-hand weapons are designed to be held only in the offhand.

Thus a mainhand weapon graphic could cause errors and anomalies if it's now applied in the offhand. Sure, in most cases you may not notice a difference, but there's many unique items (especially flavor Main Hand items) that are odd-shaped and meant to be held a particular way

TLDR: Because it wouldn't work globally.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
10/11/2012 06:14 PMPosted by Emmatank
MH items are not, will not, and should not be able to be displayed in an offhand... :) good day

I'm not asking for this. I want my main hand weapon to be displayed in my main hand. But be transmogged to a one hand that i can only hold in my main hand. This is a bug because i cannot show a main hand weapon in my main hand.

You can transmog one handers onto a main hand.

Just not the other way around. It was done like this due to the look of certain weapons being designed around holding them in one particular hand or the other.

They can't switch it or it'll look weird. Fists were notorious for this, and they fixed a bunch of them.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/11/2012 10:11 PMPosted by Reshaari
Fists were notorious for this, and they fixed a bunch of them.

And in doing so, made the main hand ones one-hand allowing them to be transmogged onto either hand, as the graphics issue was no longer a reason to keep them MH-only (without having to alter the established rules for transmogrification).
Edited by Kirsia on 10/11/2012 10:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
10/11/2012 09:06 PMPosted by Emmatank

Because that's the rule Blizzard put in place.

It's the same reason why Heroic Strike deals damage instead of healing, and costs 30 rage without an appropriate proc. It's why Druids can become Bears and Priests cannot, and why Orcs can't be any of them. It's even why in-game ground can be walked across if you want to get down to the very basics.

The limitation is documented and funcitoning exactly as it's documented. As such it cannot possibly, even by the greatest stretch of the imagination, be bugged. You're requesting a change and you're doing so in a highly argumentative manner on the wrong forum. QA doesn't have the authority to make such a change - only the developers do, and they get their feedback from players who post in an appropriate location.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Main hand weapons are modeled and designed to be displayed in one hand only. One-hand weapons are designed to be held in either hand. Off-hand weapons are designed to be held only in the offhand.

Thus a mainhand weapon graphic could cause errors and anomalies if it's now applied in the offhand. Sure, in most cases you may not notice a difference, but there's many unique items (especially flavor Main Hand items) that are odd-shaped and meant to be held a particular way

TLDR: Because it wouldn't work globally.

I dont want to hold a weapon that would only look good in my main hand in my offhand. I want to hold a weapon that goes in my main hand in my main hand.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]