Spell reflect macro question

i'm using this currently:

#showtooltip spell reflection
/cast spell reflection
/equip Bloodseeker's Mace
/equip SHield of Orbiss

THe problem is, I have to click it twice for it to work, once to equip the shield/sword and once again to cast the reflect. Is this just how it works? Or, is there a better way I can do it that will cast spell refelct on the first click?
Reply Quote
nope, 2 clicks.
same for shield wall too. just spam it fast
Reply Quote
Thank you, so should I make a macro that does nothing but re-quip my 2 hander? Or, is there some type of efficient way to macro it in with another ability?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Put the /cast Spell Reflect under the equip macro.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Order does not matter. Each line of a macro fires at the same time. Some abilities and commands can be used together, but you cannot reliably use two lines of code that activate the global cooldown.

So, your macro functions the way it does by trying to cast Spell Reflection AND equip your shield-set. What will usually happen is that Spell Reflection will "fail" the first click, but the equip actions will succeed. On the second click, Spell Reflection will work because you are now wearing the shield.

It gets a little strange, though, because it's a crapshoot as to which GCD-triggering command will "win" the quantum race to be First. If I made a macro with Shield Slam and Devastate: /cast Shield Slam
/cast Devastate
Shield Slam will not always be the ability that is used. Sometimes Devastate might be cast first, triggering the CGD and preventing SS from being used. Other times SS will win, and Dev will be locked out.

On the other hand, a macro using Shield Slam and Heroic Strike will cast both abilities: /cast Shield Slam
/cast Heroic Strike
This is because HS is an instant ability. Nothing prevents both abilities from being used at once except how much Rage you have and distance-to-target concerns.

In short, yes, you will always have to click your macro twice.
Reply Quote
Order does not matter. Each line of a macro fires at the same time. Some abilities and commands can be used together, but you cannot reliably use two lines of code that activate the global cooldown.

So, your macro functions the way it does by trying to cast Spell Reflection AND equip your shield-set. What will usually happen is that Spell Reflection will "fail" the first click, but the equip actions will succeed. On the second click, Spell Reflection will work because you are now wearing the shield.

It gets a little strange, though, because it's a crapshoot as to which GCD-triggering command will "win" the quantum race to be First. If I made a macro with Shield Slam and Devastate: /cast Shield Slam
/cast Devastate
Shield Slam will not always be the ability that is used. Sometimes Devastate might be cast first, triggering the CGD and preventing SS from being used. Other times SS will win, and Dev will be locked out.

On the other hand, a macro using Shield Slam and Heroic Strike will cast both abilities: /cast Shield Slam
/cast Heroic Strike
This is because HS is an instant ability. Nothing prevents both abilities from being used at once except how much Rage you have and distance-to-target concerns.

In short, yes, you will always have to click your macro twice.

THank you sir
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
:O
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
If you want some other good macro stuff look at the stickie in the top of our forum Quintessential Warrior Macros. Quinten did some good work with them.
Edited by Malfurios on 2/23/2013 7:20 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]