BOA Gear

33 Pandaren Monk
So if it is bound on account gear why cant i send it to any of my toons on a different server? Then it should just be called bos gear!
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Rogue
Because people still pay $25.00 to swap servers. Why would Blizz screw with that?
Reply Quote
63 Draenei Shaman
10/12/2012 07:46 AMPosted by Phitz
Because people still pay $25.00 to swap servers. Why would Blizz screw with that?

This is the sad truth. I can't believe we still can't have cross server BoA gear. Ok so there's coding issues with the mailing system? Have a BoA tab just like we get for mounts and pets. Ridiculous though I shouldn't be surprised.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest
10/12/2012 07:41 AMPosted by Haviken
So if it is bound on account gear why cant i send it to any of my toons on a different server? Then it should just be called bos gear!

Probably for the same reason you can't send anything to another server, not even a letter in the mail. It is not stuck on your realm due to how it binds.
Edited by Mescyn on 10/12/2012 7:54 AM PDT
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Because it's *bound* to the account. Bound <> available.

BoE items are Bound on Equip, but that doesn't guarantee you'll actually be able to equip them either.
Reply Quote
1 Gnome Priest
I think some people want account wide armor/weapons, but blizzard has not offered that. BoA and account wide don't mean the same thing. There's no doubt they could make boa items account wide without too many difficulties, but they've specifically addressed that in the past, and they don't want to do that.

So we have to wait for better means of transport of items between servers, including boa's (or perhaps exclusively boa's, since I'm sure they would not allow gold to cross server boundaries for fairly obvious reasons).
Reply Quote
70 Draenei Shaman
10/12/2012 07:50 AMPosted by Belua

This is the sad truth. I can't believe we still can't have cross server BoA gear. Ok so there's coding issues with the mailing system? Have a BoA tab just like we get for mounts and pets. Ridiculous though I shouldn't be surprised.

I totally agree, if its wearable by any of your characters, why on earth do not just have a TAB section with BoA gear. They have this for the mounts and pets why not BoA gear? So what If 2 of my characters have the BoA gear on their character, can't play them at the same time unless I have 2 accounts. If thats the case why can't you just treat the BoAs like the pets? For example I bet most of you didn't know this, but if you have 2 accounts and log in to both of them BOTH OF YOUR ACCOUNT CANT USE THE PET BATTLE SYSTEM AT THE SAME TIME! Because they are Gasp.... linked to the Battle.net account system. So since I own both account and my son sitting next to me wanted to get on as well, we can not only play each other with Pet Battles, but whoever logged in first is the one that can use the Pet Battle system, while the other one has NO ACCESS!

But back on track, yes they need to call these BoS not BoA. Get it right Blizz!
Reply Quote
88 Human Death Knight
10/12/2012 08:07 AMPosted by Hotsquid

I totally agree, if its wearable by any of your characters, why on earth do not just have a TAB section with BoA gear. They have this for the mounts and pets why not BoA gear? So what If 2 of my characters have the BoA gear on their character, can't play them at the same time unless I have 2 accounts. If thats the case why can't you just treat the BoAs like the pets? For example I bet most of you didn't know this, but if you have 2 accounts and log in to both of them BOTH OF YOUR ACCOUNT CANT USE THE PET BATTLE SYSTEM AT THE SAME TIME! Because they are Gasp.... linked to the Battle.net account system. So since I own both account and my son sitting next to me wanted to get on as well, we can not only play each other with Pet Battles, but whoever logged in first is the one that can use the Pet Battle system, while the other one has NO ACCESS!

But back on track, yes they need to call these BoS not BoA. Get it right Blizz!

Because mounts and pets are classified as SPELLS.

BoA gear are classified as ITEMS.

There is a BIG difference there.

And Binds to Battle.Net Account is 100% accurate. It's a RESTRICTION. It means it cannot be moved off of your Battle.Net account and onto another one. Blizzard never said that it meant it could be mailed across realms and it's not their fault people like you made the mistake of thinking it did.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Dead horse? I'd like you to meet stick...
Reply Quote
47 Pandaren Shaman

Because mounts and pets are classified as SPELLS.

BoA gear are classified as ITEMS.

There is a BIG difference there.

When you get down to brass tax, it's just a database entry for both items. Literally no difference at all, other than the letters that spell out different names.
Edited by Qibo on 10/12/2012 8:30 AM PDT
Reply Quote
84 Worgen Mage
I support the idea of BoA gear tab since I don't think blizzard will ever let us mailing them
and also how long have we been asking for this now?
Edited by Poochyena on 10/12/2012 8:32 AM PDT
Reply Quote
10/12/2012 07:41 AMPosted by Haviken
So if it is bound on account gear why cant i send it to any of my toons on a different server?
Because they are bound to your account not account wide. There is no way to unbind them from your account (IE give them to another account). They are working on a way to make the account wide.

This is not, as some claim in this thread, because we're wanting to encourage people to use paid Character Transfers to be able to transfer heirlooms to characters on other realms. It's unfortunate that this remains the only way players can achieve this and we would like to look into possibly changing this once priorities and schedules allow.
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/152779-sending-heirlooms-across-realms/
Reply Quote
70 Draenei Shaman
[quote="68633087501"][quote]

it's not their fault people like you made the mistake of thinking it did.

I can't be the only person that owns 2 accounts that is under one Battle.net account. So yes naturally I thought I could play the Pet Battle system with my son on my other account, this is obviously not the case and its utterly stupid. I shouldn't have to look at my son and say "Who logged on first?" because I want to do the Pet Battle system!!
Reply Quote
Blizzard should just make BOA really BOA.

This could easily be done with a storage server like void storage service.

Bind on Battle.net account.

It's not like they don't have the money or man power to make this happen they just don't care to.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]