Just give us reputation tabards, Blizzard

90 Night Elf Druid
10/13/2012 02:42 PMPosted by Necrovoid
It takes roughly 20-30 mins to do 1 set of dailies, additionally it takes 20-30 mins to do a dungeon + que time if your dps. Your logic = invalid, stop being lazy and go get rep like the rest of the world.

I dont' see an issue to add some sort of system that would allow someone to do dungeons IF AND ONLY IF dailies don't suffer. Because going completely back to the old system would just be spitting on us that actually like dailies.
100 Human Priest
10/13/2012 02:42 PMPosted by Necrovoid
It takes roughly 20-30 mins to do 1 set of dailies, additionally it takes 20-30 mins to do a dungeon + que time if your dps. Your logic = invalid, stop being lazy and go get rep like the rest of the world.

It's silly to call another person lazy, when you are sitting on your behind pushing buttons on a keyboard. ._.
100 Pandaren Monk
You know, when I think about it more, there's a better way to go about doing this kind of stuff. Instead of making tabards worthless (and making us wear them), here is my proposed idea.

Once per day, at the end of a heroic dungeon, you can find one of an item that's a token, which could be turned in for an item that gives a minor rep boost (around 500 or so?) to said faction.
Edited by Yangpaw on 10/13/2012 2:54 PM PDT
90 Night Elf Druid
10/13/2012 02:46 PMPosted by Marathel
. Even grouped it is almost impossible with people standing on spawn points and lobbing AEs so they get the pulls.

There is a quest with Tillers this is a problem. Outside of that I do not know of a quest where respawning is such a problem.

I have not had a issue with respawns at all.
87 Human Mage
i really hated the fact that in older wow expansions that i had to get exalted before i could get the tabbard. it seems they went back to this old formula which really stinks. it took me getting exalted with the loremaster before i could get the tabbard. that is sooo stupid. what is the point by then other than the "x amount of tabbards" achievs.

seems they still haven't learned with cata. i see a lot of great idea's poorly implemented and it makes me sad. and that isn't just through the tabbards. look at lesser coins(can't remember the name off hand) that takes 90 to get 3 friggin main coins(for the raid stuff). a few of my guildies including me have 3 stacks of 189 lesser coins but can only turn in so many a week...really? then give us bigger bag/bank space please. and that's just 2 issues. look at arch... i can amass a crap load of boxes that i can't turn in till level 90? what am i supppsed to do with all the boxes until then? jesus friggin christ on a rubber crutch i need more space if they are going to do this.

this rant is brought to you by the fact that they have great idea's but can't implement well. i love this expansion on so many levels but overall there is still a ton of stuff i scratch my head on just like cata.
Edited by Terrymanalow on 10/13/2012 2:58 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Priest
I say no

This was a problem with cata, we burned through content way too fast (yes it lacked end game content bur still) while i joined in wrath we did have tabards for rep but even then the dungeon finder did not exist which still made it harder.

oh an last time i checked your not forced to do all the reps. yes they have gear but you dont need them to raid. Also personal goals like mounts and just getting exalted are not mandatory.
Edited by Ragnivald on 10/13/2012 3:03 PM PDT
How about this:

Account rep buff stacking....

Once you grind Exalted on one toon, all other toons on your account can build rep for that faction twice as fast. This I believe is already implemented, however...

...you keep it going...

After second toon, the rep amount gets doubled again (to 4x rep)

After 3rd toon, it doubles again (to 8x rep)

So if you have (n) toons at Exalted with a faction, your next toon to grind for it gains rep at 2^(n) times the normal rate.

What do you think?
90 Draenei Priest
10/13/2012 02:54 PMPosted by Athinah

There is a quest with Tillers this is a problem. Outside of that I do not know of a quest where respawning is such a problem.

I have not had a issue with respawns at all.

Neither have I, but that doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist elsewhere.
90 Night Elf Druid
How about this:

Once you grind Exalted on one toon, all other toons on your account can build rep for that faction twice as fast. This I believe is already implemented, however...

...you keep it going...

So if you have (n) toons at Exalted with a faction, your next toon to grind for it gains rep at 2^(n) times the normal rate.

What do you think?

they are implementing something like this in the next patch, I actually think, on top of what they are adding, making tabards BoA with rep on them would work great.
90 Pandaren Monk
A daily quest That could give us a buff that upon completing a scenario or dungeon we get a certain amount of rep with that faction would be nice.
10 Gnome Rogue
How about this:

...you keep it going...

What do you think?

This is great for people who want to level lots of alts but does nothing for people who just dislike running dailies period.

We want options and run dailies on your main and less dailies on your alts isn't an option.

Then allow me to alleviate the pressure.

I started doing dailies day 2 of the xpac every day and have already gotten all of my recipes and unlocked enough valor gear to keep me on top of things for at least three weeks. You DO NOT have to do dailies every day. If you don't feel like doing dailies, don't-- you won't fall behind. Skip a day or two once in a while, it really does no harm. Since reputation rewards require Valor Points to acquire (recipes aside) you literally CAN'T fall behind, since your purchasing is limited anyways. If you have two reps to honored you're on top of things right now. If one of those is at revered you're good for another couple of weeks. They've made the system in such a way that it favours leaving dailies alone a couple days in a week, because you can't just buy all of your epics right away for gold. If you rush reputations now, you'll just be sitting idle in a couple of weeks-- trust me, I'm already nearly at that point.

I intended to stop at Golden Lotus @ Revered, since nothing at exalted enticed me.

Yet, for the rest, I feel compelled to get Shado-Pan and August Celestials to Revered/Exalted for profession reasons. Each day that I'm not doing them, is a day that I'm not able to perform to my best ability. But, I suppose that it doesn't matter much at the moment:

As is apparent from my new nudified toon, I don't really have much to strive for at the moment. I'll be giving this game a very lengthy break, which I may or may not return from.
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
Guess what, its called black market auction house. You like making money? spend 20k on a 689 IL recipe.
Im not bashing we who like to do dailies. Im saying, the people who complain about the time that it takes to do dailies of one faction. Have no right to complain when its roughly the same time period. You dont swap out your diffrent tabards to get 1000 rep and swap again you grind until you hit exalted it only takes 4 hours if you do every one of the diffrent factions dailies.
Also it doesnt even take 4 hours unless you make it take that long i knock out all of my dailies solo in roughly 1 hour and have nothing to do but run dungeons at night.
10 Gnome Rogue
10/13/2012 03:16 PMPosted by Necrovoid
i knock out all of my dailies solo in roughly 1 hour

Nothing being suggested here would change that. You could still knock out all your dailies solo if that's what you enjoy, we're just asking for options for people who don't enjoy them.
90 Draenei Priest
I have to agree with wanting my tabards back. I refuse to do dailies, because they're super boring.
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]