lvl90 Ret pally PVP damage

IN dread/malevolent/enchanted/gemmed gear for pvp ret damage is pretty much non existent.

What sustained damage? And the burst is horrific. 35k non crit TV against players? So bad!

It is a meele class after all and they don't have the luxury of having their whole rotation etc on a 40 yard range. And the ranged attacks pallys have is mere convenience because they don't have time to use them all against their opponents once they close the distance. And pallys cant really pressure opponents with their ranged attacks. And harsh words is bad.

Only time dignified damage occurs is when avenging wrath and holy avenger(talent) are both popped simultaneously and with inquisition (non glyphed) obviously up. Pathetic.

For e.g against a hunter, all the hunter has to do is pressure the pally to use word of glory then its a very sad fight. Taking the pally ages to kill an equally geared opponent or taking ages to be defeated by one.

Gone is the whole option of "choosing" survivability or damage. It is very conforming and obvious as to what you must do now.

Pallys don't come close to having dignified survival or damage in pvp now. Its all just a desperate show as your opponent controls the hell out of you while you spam emancipate.

I don't see Ret as being capable of using control in battles anymore either. Unlike all other classes, they can't really control their opponent.

Buffing ret dmg in pvp would improve them overall.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
We don't control our opponents yes ( game not based on 1v1 ) Our role is to provide clutch heals when needed and clutch dps when needed.

I'm pretty happy with my pvp damage. My burst can kill anything and lasts 30 sec with sanctified wrath. ( I found longer burst is better considering soon as I activate my 'I win' macro I turn huge and red with 4 wings, and get CCed to hell. )
Reply Quote
30 seconds of bliss but thats really against meele? since casters wont be in range for TV during that time.

Seems a bit too one trick pony and incredibly unreliable since you are "relying" on some cds most of the time.

I used to love how pallys have prolly the most Cds a class has in wow. But not when you depend on them to have dignified dps for a very short time. I can only imagine how frustrating it is for pvers when a tank chain pulls and pallys are left for dust because they wait for all their dmg cds to be up. Hell of a life.

If wow was about 2min fights pallys would indeed be gods. but ive had 45minute fights and thats the actual game not a made up dream.

I could completely respect pallys more if there survivability was what it used to be. Now they are on par with warriors survival rate (wars are pretty easy to kill) but are nowhere near as threatening a target as them. So where is this thing called balance in pvp? ahaha of course it was just marketing. those slimy fellows at blizz hey. Well i bought the game blizz u won.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Don't worry, Blizz just announced a new talent for Ret which will help us. It's called Guardian of the Ancient Paramedic.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Ret Damage isn't bad, it's just that Warrior Damage is too high (as well as Frost DK damage).
Reply Quote
10/11/2012 07:42 PMPosted by Iziren
Ret Damage isn't bad, it's just that Warrior Damage is too high (as well as Frost DK damage).

"Ret damage isn't bad, its just that Warrior damage is too high ( as well as Frost DK hunter rogue mage warlock priest)."

Fixed that for you. I probably missed a class..
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
People keep making these same stupid posts.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/11/2012 07:58 PMPosted by Mortiarte
People keep making these same stupid posts.

Go home
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Post on your Paladin. I take no huntard seriously
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
Missed ele sham.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I've having fun my damage may not be as uber but my heals are far above that of the other melee classes and I usually survive much longer than others :)
I am just happy we aren't being targeted for nerfs so far I been top damage in the past few BG's very easily.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I've having fun my damage may not be as uber but my heals are far above that of the other melee classes and I usually survive much longer than others :)
I am just happy we aren't being targeted for nerfs so far I been top damage in the past few BG's very easily.
Damage in BGs against noobs and undergeared players means nothing. Let's see how you do in RBGs. You will feel the pain
Reply Quote
1 Orc Hunter
Don't forget Hammer of Wrath doesn't do 1/2 of execute damage. I've all but taken it off my action bar.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
10/24/2012 07:21 PMPosted by Hoojoo
Don't forget Hammer of Wrath doesn't do 1/2 of execute damage. I've all but taken it off my action bar.
We all loved that nerf along with the new 3 minute AW which used to be 2. Blizz loves Rets!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Lots of cry for a hunter

tbh in any duel I only dislike dueling mages, resto druids and holy pallys. Any other class its game

Even in bgs though I hit over 6m damage with tons of heals
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]